Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Seph you only have to ask ;)

Although I don't think Ted would be too happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Hmmm if I didn't know any better id think you guys are husband and wife 😁😆

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    Although I don't think Ted would be too happy

I thought NG was Seph' s.

You do realise I have feelings....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I went into a local shop to get a coffee. After fighting with the machine for a few minutes I asked the young one behind the counter to have a look. "It's broke". I asked why there wasn't a sign saying that, she looked amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

madmaggie wrote: »
    I went into a local shop to get a coffee. After fighting with the machine for a few minutes I asked the young one behind the counter to have a look. "It's broke". I asked why there wasn't a sign saying that, she looked amazed.

Ahh the chung wans of today..

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I thought NG was Seph' s.

You do realise I have feelings....

Snooze you lose :D

But he hasn't asked yet so there is still time Teddybear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Have been puking since Tuesday with gastroenteritis and it won't go away :( still can't keep much down

Definitely get the electrolytes into you, even after you've stopped the puking, it'll take a little while for you to get back to full systems go again. Some salty broth would be good as well. Hope you feel better soon, what a bummer:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

The use of innocent in newspaper articles. A man was described as innocent yet in the previous sentence he was described as being involved in cigarette smuggling. It is a crime! This drives me mental the sure it doesn't hurt anyone so it's OK. Eh no.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

The use of innocent in newspaper articles. A man was described as innocent yet in the previous sentence he was described as being involved in cigarette smuggling. It is a crime! This drives me mental the sure it doesn't hurt anyone so it's OK. Eh no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Ahh the chung wans of today..
    Back in my day......

I want to do stuff but too dizzy. I guess the body is telling me to rest, and stop being an eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

0lddog wrote: »

Thanks Olddog, I hadn't. I guess I'll just have to work on sleeping better.
    TA and sad that no one recognises Alec Finn who passed away this morning, probably the most well known bouzouki accompanist along with Donal Lunny in traditional Irish music. Started a RIP thread but no feedback whatsoever apart from WHO?.
    Sorry bodhrandude, had seen the RIP thread but I don't normally "do" these threads. Alec Finn's passing was acknowledged in our house if that's any comfort. Mr M is a musician in his 40s, Alec's generation are the greats he grew up idolising, and became friends with as the years went. It is sad when another icon moves on. I didn't really know the guy himself but Mr M did, and remembers him as a great guy to party with, while also very professional :)

TA somehow out of the blue I'm waking up with a temperature. What the hell ? November is such a busy month, I really don't have time for a cold or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Was on Dublin Bus on the way into town and a car pulled up beside us blowing his horn and the driver angerly gesturing that the bus needs to move. I'm not sure if the bus was wrong or not.

But I'm TA that the car driver had a phone in hand and kept looking at it in between beeping and gesturing. The lack of self awareness is astonishing. What a dumbass!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

The Glitch is driving me absolutely mad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Inattentive waiting staff in an otherwise nice restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Most human beings and yes they are trvial.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

BBC commentators giving out about crowd reaction during a tennis match. So disappointed in “their own crowd”, as if it’s surprising. The Brits are the worst audience ever when it comes to tennis. They’re the worst thing about Wimbledon in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My dads stubbornness and maybe Id be right about some things he feels he is the Devine authority on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Her bad grammar is also annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When you go to a store specially for a particular item but they don't have it, just an empty shelf where they should be, but you still spend €11 in the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

TA when buying two CDs from a US seller on Discogs and only noticing a minimum international postage charge of $40 after I hit the submit order button.

• Advertisement

There's a great buzz around town tonight. I wish there was someone I could go for drinks with.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

What town?

Seven Worlds will Collide

What town?

Dublin town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Too far away so - maybe some other time!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Just one of those moments when you're irritated with everyone and everything, but you're not exactly sure why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The infernal wait to leave this hell hole.

Beautiful house but man she is some b*tch. Reckon she was in my room today.

No more, door locked at all times now. Idiot for not doing sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

The guy I currently fancy and about whom I’m having the most wonderful fantasies has checked into the Aviva with a woman. Damn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The guy I currently fancy and about whom I’m having the most wonderful fantasies has checked into the Aviva with a woman. Damn!

I feel your pain.. Not sure of status but overall may not be too promising..

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

northgirl wrote: »
    I feel your pain.. Not sure of status but overall may not be too promising..

I’ve no idea who this woman is- she may well just be a platonic friend, but I can’t really ask without seeming like a single white female bunny-boiling type

• Advertisement

1. Why Lidl and Aldi refuse to have queues for baskets/people with 10 items or fewer ("less" Grrr)/self-service checkout and you must instead queue up behind 8 million people with 8 million full trolleys in order to buy your Lactose Free Milk for €1.19 (rather than for €1.99 elsewhere). They really are the Ryanair of supermarket customer service on this one score.

2. Why RTÉ persist in turning their entire weekly schedule on its arse every time that Grade Z shítehawk - who has utterly destroyed Lyric FM every weekday morning with his grade Z waffle and egregiously shít pop and country music choices - is pushing some National Lottery gambling programme full of doddery auld articles from some nether region of Banba who come up to the big smoke to play the Sweepstakes. Leave the 9 O'Clock News at 9pm every night, please. Or move it to another slot, and keep it at that constant time each night. Too much to ask, RTÉ?

3. RTÉ having interesting programmes on late at night - the Maurice McCabe one, which was on far, far too late for me. Like, for God's sake, what working people have the energy to get tucked into those current affairs things that start after 10pm? Is TV really designed just for retired people and the unemployed/people who don't have to get up in the morning/royalty/dole scroungers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement