Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA at boards : My boards is weird, has been for a while.
    I look at a thread with normal posts I expect, but then if refreshed I'll discover a post that must have been there all along but that I simply couldn't see before for some reason.

Also sometimes it comes up that there's a new reply in a thread I follow (in my followed threads dashboard), but the new reply is me :/

It's The Glitch. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Attended a table quiz, member of adjoining team repeatedly digging in pocket for the mobile. Not quite out of sight. Eventually he was pulled up and banished from the room, why not just enter into spirit of proceedings by relying on memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Attended a table quiz, member of adjoining team repeatedly digging in pocket for the mobile. Not quite out of sight. Eventually he was pulled up and banished from the room, why not just enter into spirit of proceedings by relying on memory.

Hear hear. One second I must check see should that be hear or here.

That'd rile me. Were you the shopper?

Hear hear. One second I must check see should that be hear or here.

That'd rile me. Were you the shopper?

Another got in front before I pulled the trigger, just as well. What's the point in competing if a cheat levels the playing field.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Another got in front before I pulled the trigger, just as well. What's the point in competing if a cheat levels the playing field.

I've seen them. It's annoying alright, I'm more interested in the balls they show collecting prizes when everyone knows what they're at anyway...

I've seen them. It's annoying alright, I'm more interested in the balls they show collecting prizes when everyone knows what they're at anyway...

Let me assure you these characters seldom reach the award ceremony, most are cast out long before. They're ten a penny, and easy to spot at ten paces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Waking up 10 minutes before everything in your dream has been resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Curly head

gifted wrote: »
    Told someone a bit of news in confidence and they repeated it to someone else.....upset with them but really pissed off with myself for telling it first place.....keep mouth closed!!!!!

It's easier let the cat out of the bag than to put him back in. I've been there!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

By any chance am I your mother.. I had very bad thoughts about Pat back in the day.. ��

MOMMY!!!!!!! ;););););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There was no time to wash my hair first thing so I stuck a woolly hat on to go to the school. No cold out today so by the time I got home I was steaming.

My phone doesn't fit properly into my jacket pocket, I always have to ram it in with one corner sticking out. Then if I need it, it has to be wrestled back out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Movie opportunity?

Glitch also driving me MAD!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA at boards : My boards is weird, has been for a while.
    I look at a thread with normal posts I expect, but then if refreshed I'll discover a post that must have been there all along but that I simply couldn't see before for some reason.

Also sometimes it comes up that there's a new reply in a thread I follow (in my followed threads dashboard), but the new reply is me :/

Also TA that I didn't get enough sleep the past few nights, and as a result, my arthritic pains seem to be more painful than on a day after good sleep. Is pain threshold related to amount of sleep got :confused:

In my experience it is, I was told it was to do with nerve irritation.

TA, dog whistling.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

In a show this weekend that opens tonight so I had to lash the tan on so I don't look like a corpse under the lights. In work looking like an Oopma Loompa. Our caterer just said to me "Ooh, you're very brown, were you away?" Yes, I went away and got this extremely deep tan since you last saw me on Wednesday.

I should have taken the day off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My boss. TG I am leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A list of TA today.

More 4 and Channel 4 have disappeared from my tv.
    UTI, nuff said!
    A friend, who is sick, asked me over to keep them company for a while. Can't go, feeling rotten myself. Also feeling guilty about not going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA my brain, no point in reading the text as I dont have a framework to keep me focused, because of my sld my handwriting is illegible and I get lost if I try to type my notes. So I use the online copy, cutting and pasting takes so long and high lightening means I have to go through each page to find what I want, assuming I can physically turn the page and focus enough to see it is what I want.:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

Going against my instincts and asking the wrong question and now being hounded, they think im sooo wrong in my response( giddy friday, calm down) I have a feeling they will keep at this forever. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Doing my submissions for expenses, I cant find the receipt for the highest expense and no clue on where I put it(to keep safe) if I cant find it within a day or two, I'll loose out on repayment.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Stoopid Dri Buddi is a pile of p00. :mad::( It would be such an ideal solution for me if the godforsaken thing worked but no. I don't understand how it doesn't work.. There is what seems to be a decent amount of heat emitted out of it. The Clothes have been well-spun and aren't saturated-wet or dripping but they don't seem to dry at all. It'd be a great answer to no Tumble-Dryer if it worked like. :rolleyes: I am wondering if I don't have the bottom of it closed / secured right and maybe that's why the Clothes aren't drying. Grrrrrrrrrrr So annoying.

Tiredness. It's only 3 o' clock in the day and my eyes are closing. Not for any specific reason in particular. They just are! I don't have any major Workload to carry out. I don't even have kids or anything. Just Tiredness making me want to go to sleep in the middle of the day!

Tiredness. It's only 3 o' clock in the day and my eyes are closing. Not for any specific reason in particular. They just are! I don't have any major Workload to carry out. I don't even have kids or anything. Just Tiredness making me want to go to sleep in the middle of the day!

That happens to me too. I'd have slept the previous night and would have no reason to be tired but yet could easily curl up and sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Thought of 2 great TA things to moan about about.And now i cant remember them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bolloxed here too. Early night in order I reckon

& no-one to share it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

My house is currently being used to store peoples Christmas presents....including "Santa" presents.

Theres f.ucking toys everywhere and a f.ucking 6ft stuffed unicorn on my dining room table.

I've given the OH an ultimatum, if this sh1t isnt collected by Monday, im opening the boxes and Im going to roll around in the nip all over the unicorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Paid for something be credit card, with a if it doesn't fit bring it back warranty, it didn't, brought it back, no problems, they gave me a cheque for full amount,
    Feck me, trying to cash a cheque in my bank, my branch has gone cashless/personless, nothing in nothing out, try the next near one, he said, not really convenient for me, traffic, parking and getting, off to another one I go, same thing, all the "convenient" ones aren't, so it may well be the bloody inconvenient one next week, if I can get to it before it shuts.

Who thought getting a cheque would be such "hardship".

Chewbacca wrote:
    I've given the OH an ultimatum, if this sh1t isnt collected by Monday, im opening the boxes and Im going to roll around in the nip all over the unicorn.

Careful, they have pointy horns. You could have a strange story to tell A&E

selous wrote: »
    Paid for something be credit card, with a if it doesn't fit bring it back warranty, it didn't, brought it back, no problems, they gave me a cheque for full amount,
    Feck me, trying to cash a cheque in my bank, my branch has gone cashless/personless, nothing in nothing out, try the next near one, he said, not really convenient for me, traffic, parking and getting, off to another one I go, same thing, all the "convenient" ones aren't, so it may well be the bloody inconvenient one next week, if I can get to it before it shuts.

Who thought getting a cheque would be such "hardship".

Lodge it into your account with the machine?

The traffic this evening ffs.. Collected the teens from training, they were sweating so put the windows down I was then frozen even with the heated seat on so I closed the windows then the windows were steaming up quicker than the heater would clear them because of the sweating herd, then they were telling me to drive through a narrow gap "cos their dad would no prob", so I lost the cool and went on a rant.. Picture no sound here now... The sooner they're driving themselves the better.. Is it wine time yet ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Lodge it into your account with the machine?

The traffic this evening ffs.. Collected the teens from training, they were sweating so put the windows down I was then frozen even with the heated seat on so I closed the windows then the windows were steaming up quicker than the heater would clear them because of the sweating herd, then they were telling me to drive through a narrow gap "cos their dad would no prob", so I lost the cool and went on a rant.. Picture no sound here now... The sooner they're driving themselves the better.. Is it wine time yet ffs.

Definitely wine time somewhere so go for it.

My TA, tailgaters! There are 2 cars in front of me, driving stuck to my bumper (ooh matron) is not going to make me go faster. Pull back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

........Also TA that I didn't get enough sleep the past few nights, and as a result, my arthritic pains seem to be more painful than on a day after good sleep. Is pain threshold related to amount of sleep got :confused:

Have much experience of this..........:(

Have you seen : https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/~/media/Files/Arthritis-information/Living-with-arthritis/2062-Sleep-and-arthritis.ashx ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Bolloxed here too. Early night in order I reckon

& no-one to share it with.

That's what you get for organising Teddy Bear picnics and not inviting us.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Careful, they have pointy horns. You could have a strange story to tell A&E

Doctor: "How did this happen?"
    Chew: "Ehm.... I tripped and fell on it..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »

stuck to my bumper (ooh matron) is not going to make me go faster. Pull back.

There trying to tell you something poochie 😁😏

• Advertisement

New Home wrote:
    That's what you get for organising Teddy Bear picnics and not inviting us.

I did post an invite, but The Glitch must have got it lost in the abyss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement