Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

davinci88 wrote: »
    I REMOVED THE LIST SO STOP CRYING EVERYONE !

ANYONE ACTUALLY WANT TO TALK CONSTRUCTIVELY ????

Dude, it's a free country. Post what you like. I'm just pointing out that your doing the leg work for someone lurking in the background. Why give someone not bothered researching a synopsis of what they need to do and know. They are not sharing what they are doing? They could do something we have thought about and get ahead on your advise, plus there own effort. I'm open to discussion with yourself via PM as you seen genuine. If not best of luck in interview and I wish you the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    It's your position number. It's in the email. PM if any difficulty finding it.

Position reference is different to ID number

Guys on form 2 its says position reference number

Presumably we leave this with the numbers that's already entered

As the only other number we were provided with was or ID number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Awordofadvice

Take everything you see on this thread with a pinch of salt.

Some is useful information and a lot is utter nonsense, rumours and hearsay

Make sure you can in no way be identified by your username.

Focus on ur own application dont worry if people are stupid enough to share information about interview and application process.

Matchstickman/ Tallglass2 judging by the information that was shared you will have nothing to worry about.

Best of luck with the process

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

For those who have completed the application, how did you add the passport photo? Also did you sign it properly or just type your name? I dont have access to a scanner :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Awordofadvice

jugger0 wrote: »
    For those who have completed the application, how did you add the passport photo? Also did you sign it properly or just type your name? I dont have access to a scanner :mad:

Neatly cellotape photos to the application form, or better use ur local internet cafe and use the colour photocopier

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Dooj wrote: »
    Need to ask a question without any backlash!
    Ive looked through the booklet and cant find the answer
    So asking here.

On part 1 application form it has position reference number and it is pre filled in but underneath has please refer to candidate info book to obtain this number.

Is there a candidate reference number in any of the booklets- i have looked but haven't seen it.

I just want to double check if whats there is right.
    Cheers

These items are pre-filled on the sheets themselves, I had asked the question too to them :cool:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jordon_k

davinci88 wrote: »
    Same as myself nothing too mad though, any coaches here any tips or is anyone doing anything specific in preparation for the strength tests ? Did you Do the Chester test yet ? Admittedly I didn't do very well when I first did it I struggled for 80% but I enjoy it now , gonna start going beyond it now after Christmas all going well !!

My best advise for you regards the Chester test is do it with weighted vest or a heavy bag in your back to get familiar with weights you need to carry some brigades either simulate weights involved in the job in these test some don’t but get comfortable with the weight to avoid a shock
    As for weights your tested by grip strength (there very little to do with training) one rep of 35kg shoulder press with a bar (from standing) a single rope push down of 49kg(with gloves) and a timed test of 20 tricep push downs of 23kg so build your arm endurance
    Best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

These items are pre-filled on the sheets themselves, I had asked the question too to them :cool:;)

They'd want to make this clear.....:rolleyes:

So, do I need to print this out and scan it with my signature then or do they accept digital signatures?
    It's really not clear at all!

• Advertisement

Guys part 2 of the form it has the passport photo section.

One would presume that the passport photo that was given in stage 2 of the tests will be placed here by DCC or do we place one and scan.

Burkatron wrote: »
    So, do I need to print this out and scan it with my signature then or do they accept digital signatures?
    It's really not clear at all!

It clearly states form to be typed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

I know it’s a bit away yet but the talk is Monday 27th April start date for 1st class off the panel . Top 38 off the panel to be called for this class .

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

I'm sure this may have been asked before but I've looked through the thread and can't seem to find it....

It says refer to the Information booklet when putting your experience on the Application, however I can't seem to locate the ''Information Booklet'' I've checked emails and links.

Can anyone assist please and thanks in advance

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    I'm sure this may have been asked before but I've looked through the thread and can't seem to find it....

It says refer to the Information booklet when putting your experience on the Application, however I can't seem to locate the ''Information Booklet'' I've checked emails and links.

Can anyone assist please and thanks in advance

It was sent to you

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Royal87 wrote: »
    It was sent to you

Can't seem to locate it. Was it an attachment ? Cheers

Tintin8 wrote: »
    I know it’s a bit away yet but the talk is Monday 27th April start date for 1st class off the panel . Top 38 off the panel to be called for this class .

How often do you type where it says signature?
    Clearly my hole 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Jaysus, that application form was painful..

Whoever formatted these application forms should be out of a job!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

Painful formatting alright! Everyone get the text today?

• Advertisement

kingstevii wrote: »
    Jaysus, that application form was painful..

It could of been alot worst very straightforward to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

didds wrote: »
    Painful formatting alright! Everyone get the text today?

What text?

Dooj wrote: »
    What text?

DCC sent out a text to candidates phones yesterday

I didnt get one 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

Yes I never received a text message either?

craig_b wrote: »
    Yes I never received a text message either?

Just email them to confirm your mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

It was basically just a reminder of the deadline. Maybe it wasn’t sent to those who had already submitted their application?

It was basically just a reminder of the deadline. Maybe it wasn’t sent to those who had already submitted their application?

I only submitted mine this morning. I emailed to comfirm my mobile this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

There were two. One reminder and one instruction addressing the issues some were having over prefilled numbers and attaching photo? I assumed everyone got the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

didds wrote: »
    There were two. One reminder and one instruction addressing the issues some were having over prefilled numbers and attaching photo? I assumed everyone got the same.

No never got anything off them and they have my correct number too! What was the issue with photo? Was the photo we handed in on the day of the aptitude test not for that?

Advertisement