Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

Royal87 wrote: »
    You only be called for medical or fitness ifvyou get first class which is rumoured to be in april
    Ok. I'd heard of the top 38 April class, but assumed we'd have to do medical etc anyway as part of the process. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

didds wrote: »
    Ok. I'd heard of the top 38 April class, but assumed we'd have to do medical etc anyway as part of the process. Cheers.

Yea but only do medical before you start class if you get on panel but not first class you wont do medical until your called to start.

Good few females through to interview stage and at 10% hired must be felmale due to gender equality

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JTH80

didds wrote: »
    If we pass muster on the interview, what is roughly the timeline here for medical, physical exam etc? Two / three weeks after interview? Sooner?

Could be 3 years until you hear from dcc depending on where you are on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Did anyone get who is on their panel yet?

Dooj wrote: »
    Did anyone get who is on their panel yet?

There not saying this campaign probably makes things fairer to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

35 minutes till my interview😳

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scrabbles38

Best of luvk

Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DePaste

Burkatron wrote: »
    35 minutes till my interview😳

How did it go?

Does anyone know what email the candidate information booklet was sent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

Gutted I didn't get a chance to be interviewed, so close yet so far away.
    Best of luck to everyone going forward.

Rob_1990 wrote: »
    Gutted I didn't get a chance to be interviewed, so close yet so far away.
    Best of luck to everyone going forward.

What happened

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

Nothing happened, I just didn't place high enough. I was placed 593 ��

There's always next time

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wayneb703

Just curious, I scored 2100 on stage 1. Anyone know what my odds are of being called for stage 2?

Wayneb703 wrote: »
    Just curious, I scored 2100 on stage 1. Anyone know what my odds are of being called for stage 2?

I’d say 70+% bud.... I’d say your in with a good shoot

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Simba 12

What do you mean stage 2? People are called for interview already, which is stage 4. What is 2100 score??? Only 500ish called to interview

Anyone heard how many is gonna be on the panel? I have heard conflicting stories at the stations. Some said 300, others 200 and an another 160?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

DePaste wrote: »
    Anyone heard how many is gonna be on the panel? I have heard conflicting stories at the stations. Some said 300, others 200 and an another 160?

I know originally they said 300 but I think 160 sounds more accurate

DePaste wrote: »

Alot of rumours going around apparently at least 300 people waiting to retire more waiting for promotion so hopefully it be good few they call forward. Another 3 weeks of waiting

Stage 2 has passed its interviews now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Alot of rumours going around apparently at least 300 people waiting to retire more waiting for promotion so hopefully it be good few they call forward. Another 3 weeks of waiting

If interviews run till Feb 7th I wonder when results will be out

Tardis wrote: »
    If interviews run till Feb 7th I wonder when results will be out

Well if first class due to start in April fairly promptly i say in order to sort medical and fitness and garda clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

Well if first class due to start in April fairly promptly i say in order to sort medical and fitness and garda clearance

Is it not May the first class is due to start? I’d say we’ll hear last week in Feb. One thing I’ve found about these competitions is nothing is prompt!

Is it not May the first class is due to start? I’d say we’ll hear last week in Feb. One thing I’ve found about these competitions is nothing is prompt!

I was told at interview all going well april. Its going faster than last time DFB are operating on reduce manpower everyday with overtime making up alot of shifts they need recruits asap

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

I was told at interview all going well april. Its going faster than last time DFB are operating on reduce manpower everyday with overtime making up alot of shifts they need recruits asap

Great to hear. It must be some relief to have the interview out of the way. The wait is killing me!

Great to hear. It must be some relief to have the interview out of the way. The wait is killing me!

Trust me relief turns quickly into fear and rethinking it over and over. But whats done is done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

They’re totting up scores as they go on so they’ll have results out the week after interviews are over as they’re under big pressure to start on the 27th April or Tuesday 4th May after bank holiday. This is to have the paramedic course done in time for the PHECC exams .

Panel of 150 which will take 3 years to use up . Remember there are 30 escs in the room to go out in batches of 10 in the next 3 classes. Max class size of 48 so the top 38 will start this year . If panel was 300 they’d have interviewed a lot more than 500

Tintin8 wrote: »
    They’re totting up scores as they go on so they’ll have results out the week after interviews are over as they’re under big pressure to start on the 27th April or Tuesday 4th May after bank holiday. This is to have the paramedic course done in time for the PHECC exams .

Panel of 150 which will take 3 years to use up . Remember there are 30 escs in the room to go out in batches of 10 in the next 3 classes. Max class size of 48 so the top 38 will start this year . If panel was 300 they’d have interviewed a lot more than 500

Hopefully they do more than 1 class this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

Hopefully they do more than 1 class this year

There’s Definitely only one pencilled in this year .

• Advertisement

Tintin8 wrote: »
    There’s Definitely only one pencilled in this year .

To be honest nothing is definite loads of rumours and speculation going around it will all come down to DCC budget's DFB are pushing for 2 classes. DCC budgets cant keep up with the overtime expenses FACT! if the officer's cant confirm how many classes there is no one can on here can confirm it its all speculation

Advertisement