Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Application is straight forward in fairness

Thankfully no 500 words or less

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mcdonnc5

if i have a level 9 do I still need to send leaving cert results?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

Mcdonnc5 wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4 happy2help

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    DO you know if its just the top 50 or so getting the application email requests or is it everyone ?

Cheers

I say batches mate. I'm middle of the road with the surname and haven't recieved anything yet. Hopefully today so can work on it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

They have re ordered candidates alphabetically im in the 100s and got my application form 30 mins ago. Very basic dont sweat over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭davinci88

Loosely translated !

Even though I am above you all , do I need to bother giving them my Leaving Cert as I don't think it applies to me !

That's a joke but that's what you sound like , you will be rolling out hose with the other successful candidates remember to be humble.

But to answer your question Although you exceed the minimum requirements you will need to supply proof of ALL Qualifications , so to be clear send them """everything ""

Do you like to be called Dr McDonnoc or Sir ???

Jokes again don't be getting offended !!!

Fire1985 wrote: »
    If Ive a level 10 do I need to send in my leaving certificate?

Yes , but you could do your own medical yourself !!!!

Any chance of writing me a script ?

😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

Yes

So if you did leaving cert but applying using fetac level 5 do we still put lc results down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

davinci88 wrote: »
    Yes , but you could do your own medical yourself !!!!

Any chance of writing me a script ?

😂😂😂

Anytime you need a cert just call me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

I love these forums, and now the real fighting begins... :)

Kerrygold I miss you, come back, I've sent you several messages, but to date no reply.

Please don’t start with you and Kerrygold again. Let sleeping dogs lie

• Advertisement

So guys we fill in application form then do we wait for link to upload

Right so I have highlighted people's blatant inability to extract relevant information from the documentation supplied more than once on this thread. And I am honestly shocked at what I read some days .

So again for the last time as we are getting real now and I could be Shanghaiing myself by pointing facts for people who can't follow simple instructions again.

The email states:

All candidates must submit their Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) results and other academic qualifications by time on date. Please be aware that marks cannot be awarded unless supporting documentation has been submitted.

Also to people who wanna rock in here and announce they are first timers and are top 50 , who am I up against and do I need to send me LC cos I have a masters. I do see Hubris that's a bad attitude to have, There are people here literally 5 years on their 4th attempt . This is my second and I am counting no chickens , at worst it will be a good test run for next time !!!

We are here to help each other let's try and do that and save the member measuring for another time !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Right so I have highlighted people's blatant inability to extract relevant information from the documentation supplied more than once on this thread. And I am honestly shocked at what I read some days .

So again for the last time as we are getting real now and I could be Shanghaiing myself by pointing facts for people who can't follow simple instructions again.

The email states:

All candidates must submit their Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) results and other academic qualifications by time on date. Please be aware that marks cannot be awarded unless supporting documentation has been submitted.

Also to people who wanna rock in here and announce they are first timers and are top 50 , who am I up against and do I need to send me LC cos I have a masters. I do see Hubris that's a bad attitude to have, There are people here literally 5 years on their 4th attempt . This is my second and I am counting no chickens , at worst it will be a good test run for next time !!!

We are here to help each other let's try and do that and save the member measuring for another time !!![/quote

Here here! Well said, it is hilarious how much clarity some need on stuff that's clearly in black and white.

Brace yourself for when the interviews are over, you'll have new lads signing up to brag on here they were successful etc. Just remember you can be guaranteed everyone who is now at interview stage is tuning into this forum one way or another. Leaking information regarding interview is only assisting them. Anyone who wants this job is watching this thread, fact.

Fire1985 wrote: »
    If people just read what they were sent or actually asked dcc their questions instead of asking on this forum we’d have nothing to read .

Very True !!!!

Lack of reading and moderation around this place is classic.

Only short of someone asking to hold hands. That's a joke by the way, tension around here these days hahaha

To be fair, this is the first time I've ever been asked to provide a copy of my leaving cert results anywhere. Normally State agencies don't request a leaving cert if you have a higher NQF level qualification, so it's a fair question. I don't see any hubris in it.

Because they specifically asked for it Donny !

Is it not NFQ though ?

Go start Gender or Hubris rows somewhere else , if you start quoting section whatever of who cares act in a competitive uniformed environment you will be shunned by your peers ! Take that into consideration before moving forward with the competition ! Maybe your a little sensitive! Although highly intelligent as you like to show us all !

Is there a moderator on this thread ?

Is there a moderator on this thread ?

There 'is' one or two alright.

I had thought to report it in feedback. As an example, there is some crap in this thread, even questions to the interview that may come up, which one would imagine makes Boards.ie liable considering we cannot discuss streaming IPTV FFS. Then the Garda intakes in mumbo jumbo carry on, the July thread has, July, Nov and now Jan 2020 all in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DePaste

The email states:

We are here to help each other let's try and do that and save the member measuring for another time !!!

So I have just called DCC and spoke directly to HR. She said that a Fetac level 5 is considered an equivalent and will be sufficient. So problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mcdonnc5

Loosely translated !

Even though I am above you all , do I need to bother giving them my Leaving Cert as I don't think it applies to me !

That's a joke but that's what you sound like , you will be rolling out hose with the other successful candidates remember to be humble.

But to answer your question Although you exceed the minimum requirements you will need to supply proof of ALL Qualifications , so to be clear send them """everything ""

Do you like to be called Dr McDonnoc or Sir ???

Jokes again don't be getting offended !!!

Would you **** off and get off your high horse. I asked because I don't have my results handy. It says leaving cert results or equivalent so I wasn't sure. Thought this forum was for people looking for help and to discuss DFB application.

Im not above anyone I am applying for the same position as everyone else.

Thanks for your lovely advice and its appreciated.

you can call me Ms. but maybe just don't refer to me at all because your an ignorant asshole.

If you read my message that way then that's a reflection on you not me. Jesus, I've worked as a midwife and nurse with nearly all women and you are more sensitive than most! have a word with yourself

• Advertisement

DePaste wrote: »
    So I have just called DCC and spoke directly to HR. She said that a Fetac level 5 is considered an equivalent and will be sufficient. So problem solved

Equivelent To the LC Yes !

Not remotely what I was talking about with the other gentlemen though !

And again.....

All candidates must submit their Leaving Certificate (or equivalent)(level 5) results.......got that fair play for calling DCC to confirm.

This was my point....

.....AND other academic qualifications by date & time. That's Level 6,7,8,9 & 10 for all the Engineers and Doctors out there.

There is more though.

Please be aware that marks cannot be awarded unless supporting documentation has been submitted. And that's why you need to send everything , because if you don't and you turn up with your Masters at interview it wont count !!!

Would you **** off and get off your high horse. I asked because I don't have my results handy. It says leaving cert results or equivalent so I wasn't sure. Thought this forum was for people looking for help and to discuss DFB application.

Im not above anyone I am applying for the same position as everyone else.

Thanks for your lovely advice and its appreciated.

you can call me Ms. but maybe just don't refer to me at all because your an ignorant asshole.

If you read my message that way then that's a reflection on you not me. Jesus, I've worked as a midwife and nurse with nearly all women and you are more sensitive than most! have a word with yourself

I did say don't be getting Offended !

My posts are fairly clear at pointing out the answer to your questions though !

Good luck Ms .

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DePaste

Changing the subject! For people who have attempted this process a couple of times now. I was curious as to what your main stumbling block was?

I've already served in a competitive uninformed environment, and generally it was those with chips on their shoulders that had difficulties!

And that's why you didn't last !

Has anyone started to prepare for the Physical side Guys and Girls ???

Has anyone started to prepare for the Physical side Guys and Girls ???

Yea gym membership doesn't know whats hit it

Same as myself nothing too mad though, any coaches here any tips or is anyone doing anything specific in preparation for the strength tests ? Did you Do the Chester test yet ? Admittedly I didn't do very well when I first did it I struggled for 80% but I enjoy it now , gonna start going beyond it now after Christmas all going well !!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JTH80

Same as myself nothing too mad though, any coaches here any tips or is anyone doing anything specific in preparation for the strength tests ? Did you Do the Chester test yet ? Admittedly I didn't do very well when I first did it I struggled for 80% but I enjoy it now , gonna start going beyond it now after Christmas all going well !!
    I’d honestly be just concentrating on the interview at the moment and nothing else. Pass the interview and you can concentrate on the physicals. It might be 2-3 years after the interview before you get called to complete the physical tests anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AlphaDelta3232

Hi guys

Just wondering what scores everyone got in Section 2 so I can compare it to people who came below 500

I got

395 in learning information

396 in Observation

473 in verbal interpretation

418 in Numerical test

Unfortunately I placed just over 700 so I was not successful

Thanks guys :)

• Advertisement

No sign of this link to send application form probably another technical issue like yesterday lol

Advertisement