Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

Strange that they wouldn't have us in for physical as stage 2, then apptitude test us.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Hi guys

Just wondering what scores everyone got in Section 2 so I can compare it to people who came below 500

I got

395 in learning information

396 in Observation

473 in verbal interpretation

418 in Numerical test

Unfortunately I placed just over 700 so I was not successful

Thanks guys :)

I got 2 close to the average score and 2 above the average and ended up in the 200s in oom.
    Hope that helps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator post:

@Kerrygold Jim
    @Harryhoofer

If I see any more bickering between the two of you on this thread, there’ll be red cards followed by forum bans if it continues.

Knock it off. First and only warning.

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nifrs975

Anyone know how i can access the candidates information booklet at this stage? Would like to look back over it for familiarisation. Any help is appreciated.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

davinci88 wrote: »
    Is there a moderator on this thread ?

Yes, there is. If you need assistance, please send me a PM.

-Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

Nifrs975 wrote: »
    Anyone know how i can access the candidates information booklet at this stage? Would like to look back over it for familiarisation. Any help is appreciated.
    Go back into your public jobs messages. All links are still active.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 Matchstickman

Planning some visits in the coming week and have put together some info I would like to know coming away from them, anyone care to add to my list fire away Guys ! (Guys being a general term)

Shift Pattern
    Types of calls
    Clubs and Societys
    Downtime activity ( Does each station have a gym)
    Community activities
    Types of tenders in each station (that I visited)
    Areas covered (locally)
    Work/life balance
    Weights of turnout/BA gear/different hoses
    Further education opportunities
    Pension
    Advice for interview

Fire ahead with any advice please .....

Yeah here's a bit of advice....stop sharing advice!!

You do realise it's a competition right??

Cannot believe the things I'm reading on here, small nuggets of information that might be enough for someone reading what you have posted that puts them ahead of you, utter madness

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Hi. I got the email to send the application form but no form attached nor link on the email. Any idea where I can find the form? Thanks In Advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    Hi. I got the email to send the application form but no form attached nor link on the email. Any idea where I can find the form? Thanks In Advance

Ask dcc

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scrabbles38

Mine was sent in a different email to the one with the link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭davinci88

Cannot believe the things I'm reading on here, small nuggets of information that might be enough for someone reading what you have posted that puts them ahead of you, utter madness

Did I offend you by trying to help us all ??

I do realise it's a competition !

Anything I post is all open source and available to anyone who is bothered enough to do the leg work and research to get it ! Google Dublin Fire Brigade Joe.ie and you will understand me !

But here's the thing and its proven ! People wont ! They will try and pilfer from everyone else here !

An imposter / cheat or someone who just doesn't fit the bill somewhere will be found out eventually , and good luck to anyone trying to bluff an interview board.

The cream will rise to the top !

I will continue to be me and You do You !

Also this thread is for that No ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shamrock12

Very True !!!!

No way will they contact DCC with their questions, that would be shooting themselves in the foot. DCC will be armed with the info on the numptys who can't even follow simple instructions which is clearly in black and white

READ THE PAPERWORK PEOPLE OR AT THE VERY LEAST LOOK BACK ON ALL PREVIOUS POSTS.

Did I offend you by trying to help us all ??

I do realise it's a competition !

Anything I post is all open source and available to anyone who is bothered enough to do the leg work and research to get it ! Google Dublin Fire Brigade Joe.ie and you will understand me !

But here's the thing and its proven ! People wont ! They will try and pilfer from everyone else here !

An imposter / cheat or someone who just doesn't fit the bill somewhere will be found out eventually , and good luck to anyone trying to bluff an interview board.

The cream will rise to the top !

I will continue to be me and You do You !

Also this thread is for that No ?

No I wouldn't say this thread is for help other people in a competition out by posting up advise. If it was it would say it in the thread title.

Is telling people to visit stations open source info? Definitely not!

And I definitely would not believe the point you make about people bluffing thru the interview. People have before and will again I promise you!

If you have serious intent in joining DFB why post up on here at all.

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JTH80

Oh you ain’t seen nothing yet matchstick!!! Sure last campaign there were lads coming out of their interviews and posting up questions they got on here even though the interview panel weren’t nearly half way through interviewing candidates!!! Then they were wondering to themselves why they scored so far down the panel or didn’t make the cut!!!
    Just you wait the same will happen again this time around!!!

JTH80 wrote: »
    Oh you ain’t seen nothing yet matchstick!!! Sure last campaign there were lads coming out of their interviews and posting up questions they got on here even though they weren’t nearly half way through interviewing candidates!!! Then they were wondering to themselves why they scored so far down the panel or didn’t make the cut!!!
    Just you wait the same will happen again this time around!!!

Oh Don't worry I seen it. I've seen this thread develop for years. I just can't get over the posts this time round though. Just showing me what I've feared for a while now, the type of people going for the job has changed dramatically

Oh Don't worry I seen it. I've seen this thread develop for years. I just can't get over the posts this time round though. Just showing me what I've feared for a while now, the type of people going for the job has changed dramatically

Basic cop on goes a long way in the fire brigade!

No I wouldn't say this thread is for help other people in a competition out by posting up advise. If it was it would say it in the thread title.

Is telling people to visit stations open source info? Definitely not!

And I definitely would not believe the point you make about people bluffing thru the interview. People have before and will again I promise you!

If you have serious intent in joining DFB why post up on here at all.

Madness

Stop now chap ! Who wouldn't visit a station beforehand !

Any half decent candidate will be grinding away in the background to give themselves the best shot regardless of what is said here , and me repeating something that is written somewhere else for anyone who wants to to see is far from giving away anything either!!

And another thing , you have been watching this thread for years to gain information the same way me and everyone else has in the background taking notes, you joined boards yesterday and your first post is to complain about it ????????

Take what's relevant to you and disregard the rest, don't be launching disgruntled waffle at people !!

Take a breath ... Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Count me out of that, I am going for it and have posted the same warning many times, no one ever listens.

The biggest face palm moment was the posting of an interview question on day two of the interviews taking place (2016). I am utterly convinced, if I had my interview on the days following that question been posted, I would be in DFB right now. I dunno how it slipped my mine not to look at it. I was rightly annoyed me, I also still to this day, don't think DCC ever voided that question from scoring, after I emailed them about it been posted and even after everyone signs an agreement not to share any information (a basic instruction).

Yes the job is about helping people and your team mates, but when your in the pheking job you do that.

It's unreal, like that list that has just been posted, you'll have every person going for interview now doing the same, so now I and everyone else has to up the game again.

So what if the information is out there, go find it out yourself. FFS, like there are people posting up questions, when the answer is in black and white on the information provided to you. Fair enough if someone posts a question and wants some clarification on a part of it.

Stop now chap ! Who wouldn't visit a station beforehand !

Any half decent candidate will be grinding away in the background to give themselves the best shot regardless of what is said here , and me repeating something that is written somewhere else for anyone who wants to to see is far from giving away anything either!!

And another thing , you have been watching this thread for years to gain information the same way me and everyone else has in the background taking notes, you joined boards yesterday and your first post is to complain about it ????????

Take what's relevant to you and disregard the rest, don't be launching disgruntled waffle at people !!

Take a breath ... Good luck

Out of interest how many do you plan on visiting? Just so I know to go to two more than you, so I can show the interviewers I go to lengths other candidates go to and more?

Or do you want to start sharing the answers your going to give for the competency question with us, just so we know where to set the bar.

Maybe even post up your application so we can take a few pointers from it, like how your summary for job profile looks like or even what you put in for other relevant information.

Unreal. Sorry for been harsh, I get your trying to help, but come on, get on with your own application and let the people that can't be bother to think on there own to feet to do so.

This is a very hard job to get. You are going to Have skilled experienced candidates from the defence forces, experienced retained firefighters, full time firefighters from across Ireland and Britain, paramedics and advanced paramedics from NAS, experienced and decorated Gardai, professional and ex professional athletes...... all these are really high calibre candidates going for in for the interview and that’s who you are competing against to get on the panel.
    So They already have a list to tick off now improving their chances even more!!!!!

• Advertisement

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Out of interest how many do you plan on visiting? Just so I know to go to two more than you, so I can show the interviewers I go to lengths other candidates go to and more?

Or do you want to start sharing the answers your going to give for the competency question with us, just so we know where to set the bar.

Maybe even post up your application so we can take a few pointers from it, like how your summary for job profile looks like or even what you put in for other relevant information.

Unreal. Sorry for been harsh, I get your trying to help, but come on, get on with your own application and let the people that can't be bother to think on there own to feet to do so.

Your not being harsh your being stupid , good luck now !

That's the point , noone is here talking about the competencies at all, they are all doing their own thing !

The interviews will set us apart now and the best candidates will be selected !

Stop living in 2016 , it's your fault and noone else man !

JTH80 wrote: »
    This is a very hard job to get. You are going to Have skilled experienced candidates from the defence forces, experienced retained firefighters, full time firefighters from across Ireland and Britain, paramedics and advanced paramedics from NAS, experienced and decorated Gardai, professional and ex professional athletes...... all these are really high calibre candidates going for in for the interview and that’s who you are competing against to get on the panel.
    So They already have a list to tick off now improving their chances even more!!!!!

Anyone that high calibre will know how to gather information about a prospective employer and will do the work throughout the campaign ! In fact anyone with half a brain will be asking questions !

Do your own thing chap !

Your not being harsh your being stupid , good luck now !

That's the point , noone is here talking about the competencies at all, they are all doing their own thing !

The interviews will set us apart now and the best candidates will be selected !

Stop living in 2016 , it's your fault and noone else man !

You know something I was been nice, if anyone is been stupid it's yourself, even idiotic, you have just given me and everyone else a shopping list of things to do.

Unless your living under a rock, I think I have contributed more to this thread than you ever have either and without pulling someone down or pulling them ahead of me either.

As for Living in 2016. Someone posted a question to the interview on here, do you understand how serious that is? I don't get how it's my 'fault' as you put it, you don't get 'faults' interviews, you fail them, I failed the interview, that's my failure. Whats your point to be honest?

I don't think you really have any breeze of this at all. Your harping out information on a public forum, you can't see your own 'fault' in doing that either. Discrediting someones experience from 'living in 2016' also. Again your inexperience of all this shows up, there are people on there 3/4/5 attempt at this.

Do yourself a favour, or here, I will do it for you.
    competition

noun
    the activity or condition of striving to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others.

Trust me and other will back me up, if you are serious about this, I am posting this so you just stop it before you really do put someone else ahead of you.

Save your comradery for the fire station.

Anyone that high calibre will know how to gather information about a prospective employer and will do the work throughout the campaign ! In fact anyone with half a brain will be asking questions !

Do your own thing chap !

Just letting you know what you are up against. Best of luck with it!!!

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    You know something I was been nice, if anyone is been stupid it's yourself, even idiotic, you have just given me and everyone else a shopping list of things to do.

Unless your living under a rock, I think I have contributed more to this thread than you ever have either and without pulling someone down or pulling them ahead of me either.

As for Living in 2016. Someone posted a question to the interview on here, do you understand how serious that is? I don't get how it's my 'fault' as you put it, you don't get 'faults' interviews, you fail them, I failed the interview, that's my failure. Whats your point to be honest?

I don't think you really have any breeze of this at all. Your harping out information on a public forum, you can't see your own 'fault' in doing that either. Discrediting someones experience from 'living in 2016' also. Again your inexperience of all this shows up, there are people on there 3/4/5 attempt at this.

Do yourself a favour, or here, I will do it for you.

Trust me and other will back me up, if you are serious about this, I am posting this so you just stop it before you really do put someone else ahead of you.

Save your comradery for the fire station.

Again I didn't give out anything that wasn't out there alrady man !

The people who are really interested will do the work simple as, I also didn't mention anything about myself or my game plan I merely asked questions, I will do my work , end of, I will be there or have learned alot trying.

And as for the list it is all stuff repeated from here anyway ! You should know that being such a fine contributor. I am my second attempt myself.

You know nothing of me and I know nothing of you , but you saying others will back you up for anything is childish.

I REMOVED THE LIST SO STOP CRYING EVERYONE !

ANYONE ACTUALLY WANT TO TALK CONSTRUCTIVELY ????

Need to ask a question without any backlash!
    Ive looked through the booklet and cant find the answer
    So asking here.

On part 1 application form it has position reference number and it is pre filled in but underneath has please refer to candidate info book to obtain this number.

Is there a candidate reference number in any of the booklets- i have looked but haven't seen it.

I just want to double check if whats there is right.
    Cheers

Dooj wrote: »
    So asking here.

On part 1 application form it has position reference number and it is pre filled in but underneath has please refer to candidate info book to obtain this number.

Is there a candidate reference number in any of the booklets- i have looked but haven't seen it.

Cheers

I'll have to refer you to the DCC I'm afraid !!

I'll have to refer you to the DCC I'm afraid !!

Yes going to get onto them just being the weekend said id try here in the mean time.

Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

Dooj wrote: »
    So asking here.

Cheers

It's your position number. It's in the email. PM if any difficulty finding it.

Advertisement