Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

Also I emailed them asking whether to just type signature or what? They emailed back saying I had to print off the last 2 pages and sign and date them and upload them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

craig_b wrote: »
    No never got anything off them and they have my correct number too! What was the issue with photo? Was the photo we handed in on the day of the aptitude test not for that?

No needed to upload pic

Also I emailed them asking whether to just type signature or what? They emailed back saying I had to print off the last 2 pages and sign and date them and upload them again!

In my opinion messed up with the application instructions were limited
    Stated all form must be typed no where did it meantion physically signing form.

No information on photos alot will presume the photo given at stage 2 will do.

When you emailed for clarification it took over a week to reply

Royal87 wrote: »

Yes I agree the instructions were very poor and I just presumed the photo we gave would suffice! Hopefully I can upload one still with the new link they send out that’s active until January!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

It's all in the information booklet and the email and the text and on the form.

• Advertisement

If you didn't put a photo where it said put photo here or didn't sign where it said sign here, then....

didds wrote: »
    If you didn't put a photo where it said put photo here or didn't sign where it said sign here then....

Sorry your quote mskee no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

A photo was required at stage 2 to ensure it was the same person taking the test. Similarly for the interview, to ensure it is the same person sitting the interview. Both photos will be cross referenced to verify it’s the same person. If only one photo was required anyone could sit either the aptitude tests or interview for a candidate and DCC would be none the wiser.

A photo was required at stage 2 to ensure it was the same person taking the test. Similarly for the interview, to ensure it is the same person sitting the interview. Both photos will be cross referenced to verify it’s the same person. If only one photo was required anyone could sit either the aptitude tests or interview for a candidate and DCC would be none the wiser.

Yes makes sense I suppose. I emailed them asking them was it okay to forward the photo with the new link they will be emailing out. Hopefully I haven’t messed it up with such a stupid mistake!

Yes makes sense I suppose. I emailed them asking them was it okay to forward the photo with the new link they will be emailing out. Hopefully I haven’t messed it up with such a stupid mistake!

Just upload it using previous link sure it states you can upload education certs in the first link

• Advertisement

Just upload it using previous link sure it states you can upload education certs in the first link

Did that link not expire at 5pm Wednesday gone?

Yes it’s expired I tried there but the email says they’ll be issuing a new link which will be active until 6th January for further documents

At least try it! You wont know until you try.
    You will know later if its ok when you get interview date

Anyone get interview date yet

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Anyone get interview date yet

Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scrabbles38

Everyone get there date

Everyone get there date
    Yup. Early morning session.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Any truth that if ya didnt fill it in right, you didnt get a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scrabbles38

kingstevii wrote: »

Didn’t here anything about that

kingstevii wrote: »

Didn't hear anything said about it, but it would make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

Plenty of study over the Christmas

Guys was chatting to few of the fire lads in my local station and they ask who was the interview panel? They said everyone should be told before the interview who there panel are?

Anyone know if they will inform us

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Guys was chatting to few of the fire lads in my local station and they ask who was the interview panel? They said everyone should be told before the interview who there panel are?

Anyone know if they will inform us

You will be told who's interviewing you

Tardis wrote: »
    You will be told who's interviewing you

Not sure how that makes a difference unless it transpires you know them?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Not sure how that makes a difference unless it transpires you know them?

It doesn't make a difference, if they know you the panels are altered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

Knowing the names of people on the panel can help . If you find out what particular area they’re big into you could talk a little about it or you could expect a possible question about it . If one of the interviewers are big into Cism or srt for example.

Hi, hope it was a good Christmas for everyone.
    Does anyone have any experience of interviews from the previous years?
    The interview dates we have been given are provisional at present. I'm wondering if it is likely to be altered after the Monday 6th deadline?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JTH80

The interview dates we have been given are provisional at present. I'm wondering if it is likely to be altered after the Monday 6th deadline?

Most likely your date won’t be altered.
    A few candidates will have to alter their dates for various reasons.... working overseas, wedding, honeymoon , exams etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

I believe they’re only provisional days until after the deadline to upload educational qualifications. If these are not uploaded the interview will be cancelled but if they are, you will still attend on the date and time previously given

• Advertisement

I believe they’re only provisional days until after the deadline to upload educational qualifications. If these are not uploaded the interview will be cancelled but if they are, you will still attend on the date and time previously given

Thanks for that. I hope you're correct with that. It'll be short notice to rearrange work if the date changes.

Advertisement