Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-02-2020, 00:07   #1441
Widdershins

Window open fresh air and its perfectly mild. Getting there, very definitely.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-02-2020, 00:25   #1442
madmaggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwhoiam View Post
I don’t know why we didn’t realise how small he was before ! My husband saw him on the news and said “ Has he shrunk “
Presidential material.
(3) thanks from:
14-02-2020, 09:00   #1443
Widdershins

Trivial satisfaction, the Mr.Middleton catalogue is now printed on paper and no longer reeks of vile chemicals. Used to have to wash my hands after touching the previoys catalougues, they'd feel coated.

Also TH when I come across an Annie Liebovitz photo. She was the mistress of her art.
(3) thanks from:
14-02-2020, 10:15   #1444
Ande1975

So hard to capture this but bear with me...

Was stuck in a tailback on my way home the other day (two way traffic) just inching along.
Up ahead at a shopping centre exit on the left, there was a woman trying to turn right to join the traffic coming against me.
A few cars in front there was a white van to the woman's right and as a gap appeared in the traffice the woman saw an opportunity to edge out onto the road and looked left to try to move to the other lane, the white van accelerated almost running into the right side of the woman's car.
He was completely out of line but from what I could tell (right arm out the window angrily gesturing) lost the plot.

Well what happened next just made so happy, as the woman turned right onto the opposite lane, she stopped by the side of the van, lowered her window and blew him a kiss and took off with a huge smile.

I would have paid good money to have seen his reaction. I am going to use that!
14-02-2020, 11:33   #1445
Your Face

TH that I'm in the position to look after good staff.
Advertisement
14-02-2020, 13:06   #1446

God I love Fridays.
14-02-2020, 13:11   #1447
honeybear

Golden Time and I'm smiling as I look at all the kiddies munching happily and listening to Beat Bugs "All You Need Is Love" (if you have smallies you'll probably know it ... if not, don't google it or you risk earworm for the day). One of my little Junior Infants arrived in this morning with a home-made Valentine's card for teacher and packets of love heart sweets for all the class. I'm eating a "Love Bug" one atm ... very appropriate as this little Bumbóg still has a cold. I'm also THH (trivially teacher happy) that he spelt my name correctly! This little Romeo is a right little divil at the best of times but there's a classroom filled with love (& sugar) atm so I'm giving him a free pass on divilment for the rest of the day!
14-02-2020, 14:55   #1448
Bredabe

Frozen mixed veg!
(2) thanks from:
14-02-2020, 15:54   #1449
Widdershins

I turned my phone camera on to take a photo of something but it was switched to selfie mode by mistake.
My surprised face in the screen.
First time in 2 years I looked like myself, and healthy. Ive had a few good weeks now and then when I gained weight but it always dropped off again. Was also suffering from dull stressed skin and dull eyes. Was causing loss of confidence. Very very pleased today. Feels like I've crested a hill Ive been schlepping up and sliding down on my face for 2 years.
Advertisement
14-02-2020, 16:30   #1450
madmaggie

Looking at my tomato seedlings and almost tasting the sun ripened fruits they will produce later in the year.
14-02-2020, 18:07   #1451
Redneck Reject71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdershins View Post
Trivial satisfaction, the Mr.Middleton catalogue is now printed on paper and no longer reeks of vile chemicals. Used to have to wash my hands after touching the previoys catalougues, they'd feel coated.

Also TH when I come across an Annie Liebovitz photo. She was the mistress of her art.
Ordered a basically a bucket blackberry bush last year from them. Its fantastic and still going strong. The amount of berries it produces is loco, but it does make a nice wine.
(3) thanks from:
14-02-2020, 18:12   #1452
Bredabe

There is a new piece equipment in the park gym, it's hard for me now but something to aim for.

Walking back from the gym, I found £10, sadly for them none of the businesses close by had staff on their desks.
14-02-2020, 20:35   #1453
Widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Reject71 View Post
Ordered a basically a bucket blackberry bush last year from them. Its fantastic and still going strong. The amount of berries it produces is loco, but it does make a nice wine.
Blackberry wine is gorrrgeous! Th just thinking about it.
I had some blackberry brandy last summer, also yummy
14-02-2020, 20:40   #1454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdershins
Blackberry wine is gorrrgeous! Th just thinking about it. I had some blackberry brandy last summer, also yummy

Wicklow wines do a really beautiful blackberry wine.
Thanks from:
14-02-2020, 21:10   #1455
bubbles o hara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdershins View Post
I turned my phone camera on to take a photo of something but it was switched to selfie mode by mistake.
My surprised face in the screen.
First time in 2 years I looked like myself, and healthy. Ive had a few good weeks now and then when I gained weight but it always dropped off again. Was also suffering from dull stressed skin and dull eyes. Was causing loss of confidence. Very very pleased today. Feels like I've crested a hill Ive been schlepping up and sliding down on my face for 2 years.

I just came on here to read the posts, but now your post has made me happy. Well done you.
(4) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion