Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

I just booked Friday off to make it an extra long weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Watching the Olympics the obscure sports that you would not normally see. And quickly becoming an 'expert' 😋

The gymnastics for example:

Someone doing a 'double turn half twist'

Me: (Sitting there munching my Tayto Cheese and Onion on the couch) - Saying 'She will lose points for that landing!'🤓

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Small things but they were nice, and made me trivially happy. A lady offered that I could go ahead of her last night in Lidl, I only had a few things. I was in no rush, but thanked her kindly and accepted the offer.

I was in a pay and display carpark today. Someone just leaving hopped out of their car and gave me their ticket, which more than covered the time I needed.

Went into a coffee shop and found a gorgeous candle, reduced. Coffee and candles, some of my favourite things, all in one shop!😊 I will be back!

It's the weekend for me.

Also, I don't think there's a child as pleasant as my son. 😆😍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,484 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Spike Island have released a limited number to tickets for an exclusive behind the scenes tour which encompasses access for the first time in over a century to the underground tunnels 😁😁😁

Can't wait to do this tour. Have done multiple day and after dark tours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Brought my dad for breakfast in an actual café today. We haven’t been able to sit down and eat together in so long. It felt like such a novelty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Over two years since I was in a gym *glances at waistline*

I was quite intimidated my first day going in. I know, I know what is there to worry about but I have no clue how most exercises or machines work. The staff helped me

My TH is I worked very hard (sore muscles to prove it, ouch!) and people were sound. People saw my unfit self doing my best and asked could they work in, could I spot them or even gave me a thumps up.

I was expecting regulars to give me scorn and shakes of the head. Nope, people are sound and encouraging to this beginner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Waking up on a Sunday morning with a raging horn. Fun and games to follow.

The new boards. First time trying it out properly. I like it.

Having a fry for breakfast this morning makes me TH. It was so good.

• Advertisement

After 552 days,im going to a waterford hurling match today🤩

Il never take it for granted again

I take back what I said. I've had a chance to use it a bit more now. Oh my God the amount of scrolling!

It's Friday. The fifth day of the working week but also the first of the weekend.

Old episodes of the Simpsons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I need some slightly unusual batteries (AAAA size) and thought about ordering them on Amazon along with some other stuff. After browsing for a while, however, I realised that there is nothing else I want from there. Nothing I saw impressed me enough to want to buy it. That’s actually a nice feeling, realising that more “things” aren’t wanted at this time

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

AFAIK some alkaline 9V batteries have six of those tiny AAAA cells in them. ( carbon - zinc have flat plates stacked and others have coin cells YMMV ) Check your smoke detector when replacing the batteries. ( Change the detector too after 10 years because it runs out of radiation )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

I can Annoy my ''Mean'' landlord to replace my smoke thing now,Yea ! If he owned the Artic he wouldn't give you a ''slide'' 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Hearing a toddler's musings/ponderings -

'Mermaids don't fart.......

Because they have no bum'

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I work part time. The lady for whom I work is usually not there, I just get on with my job. Last week she said she wanted to see me, I thought there was a problem. No, just a chat and a lovely gift in appreciation of my " trustworthiness and reliability". I was on cloud 9.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That's so lovely.

I dropped an email recently to a shop to mention the two staff members I had dealt with, and how fantastic they were. I met one of them since and she told me she was delighted to hear it back from her manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A national online chemist(I assume they are RL as well) selling EC on their website.

Costly I feel but can be so necessary not to have to explain to a stranger about cycle/circumstances.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Got a bunch of great news today, all is good in the hood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

MoTD is back

That Barrie on Tipping Point got passed out and beat on the last drop ,

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭peek a boo

The Boards clock is fixed.

Found two gift cards yesterday when sorting through paperwork.

Usually if that happens, I am in for disappointment when I check the balance, (having long forgotten that I used them) but there's money left on both of them. Nothing huge, but I'm trivially happy.

Thanks to the kind lady who was behind me in the queue in dunnes this evening and went out of her way to let me know I had left my kitchen roll behind me at the checkout.

I was halfway down the aisle towards the door, headphones in, when I heard a faint but urgent sounding excuse me and when I turned around she was nearly caught up with me, running down the aisle to give me my kitchen roll.

This is a small kindness but sometimes the small ones are the best ones. Some people wouldn't bother their arses but this woman did and it was much appreciated. I love that kind and considerate side in people. It makes such a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My brother came to visit today, and he brought cake!

My dog chasing after a fly. It's like that episode of breaking bad. 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was in a local garden centre recently. At the till, making small talk with the staff member. Suddenly the manager hands me a pretty little dianthus, saying " this is for you". I almost cried. I was having a crap day, but this gesture really lifted my mood.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The smell of a new book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Holiday mode ☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Went for a run in the woods that was surprisingly nice. I think I timed it well; I went in the evening when it was nice and cool, but not so dark I couldn't see.

Coillte should have ten times the investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This is a slightly mean TH but it brightened my morning a bit. Earlier on Ireland AM, they were interviewing an Irish-based doctor from Afghanistan, followed directly by Colm O'Gorman from Amnesty Ireland who referred back to the doctor at least three times as Dr Afghan, even though his name was Dr. Abdullah. 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Lovely weather coinciding with annual leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Over the hump of a busy week. 😊

An empty wash basket, with everything dried outdoors during the week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Looking up a new recipe and finding I have all the ingredients already 🎉

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the weekend and freedom.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th Cat hospital is back on our screens from next Friday at 8:30 on rte 🐱🐱🐱😸

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

That I booked tomorrow off last Thursday. Hallelujah 🙌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭Archeron

I got a fruit scone and a coffee earlier, and the waitress gave me two just melted to spread butters and two little tubs of jam. No equally dividing strawberry jelly cubes for me , I'm living like royalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

One good thing about the new platform is I spend alot less time online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Not loosing my wallet....

got to the shops and realized I’d walked out without my wallet, or hoped I had just walked out without it and not lost it or been removed from me by a tea leaf...I’d a couple of hundred euros in there...

id just enough loose money in my pocket to get what I needed firstly... food, drinks etc but had to forgo one or two gifts I wanted to get... Back home in a bit of a panic and when I get back home I’ve left the wallet on top of the safe...relief, as card was in there too...

Holding the warm little hand of my six year old grandson for the first time since St Stephens Day 2019. Magical moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I picked up this yesterday eve in my local Tesco, it was a lot nicer than I thought it would be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This gif.... I was annoyed after the football but....

• Advertisement
Advertisement