Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Spent four or five minutes watching two butterflies, spinning around each other as if they were caught in a whirlwind, 20 cm apart. They must have been giddy at the end of it. I couldn’t get close enough to identify them with my newly received butterfly chart! But that didn’t detract from the wonder of watching them.

It can be wonderful watching nature. I was working in a big shed were there were starlings (I think) in the rafters and mammy was teaching the hatchling to fly. Basically she'd carry them in her feet and drop them from a height ! But he would flap his wings and fly back to the nest only to be repeated. Fascinating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cinemas reopening in 10 days time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I love keyboard shortcuts. I use them as often as possible, things like Alt+Tab to change between browser tabs, Windows Key + E to open File Explorer, Alt+F4 to shut down, Ctrl+W to close your current tab, etc.

So I use Ctrl+T to open a new tab, and start typing Yo, I get YouTube as the suggestion, Enter to select, and it used to break my balls to have to click into the search bar for videos. Until today! Simply pressing / once the page is loaded and you're into the search bar in YouTube! #feckmousepads!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just walking in the local park earlier, the smell of newly cut grass, the sounds of kids playing happily in a nearby playground, a delicious takeaway coffee and just general signs that things are moving towards normality.

When I'm leaving the shopping centre in which "Tesco's:P" is situated and it's still a few seconds/ minute or 3 before closing as the security man opens the door and bids me good luck/goodnight or "I'll see you now"
    and there's still people inside :)

It's not me who's the kernt that's keeping the employees working late :pac:

I have somewhat of an 'addendum' to add to that; but that would be for t'other thread :P

• Advertisement

cj maxx wrote: »
    Getting beat in connect 4 by my 7 yo. And not a I'll let him win win but got me fair and square

Tears of pride :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Myself and my sisters decided to do up our mam's house. We started on the hall way. We did the second coat today and it looks so good. Delighted with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

That feeling of a freshly shaved muff :D

Went on a drive to Kilkee today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

New book and a small surprise present, in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Phoenix32 wrote: »

Pics or GTFO :pac:

Phoenix32 wrote: »

Yours or someone else's :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭GoatBoy74

cj maxx wrote: »
    Yours or someone else's :)

Muff:- noun
    a tube made of fur or other warm material into which the hands are placed for warmth.

Cooker related trivial happy stuff

Recently I turned on cooker(electric) and the hob for to wait until temperature was hot enough to heat up a tin of soup. Proceeded to make a sandwich. About 3-5 minutes later I looked and saw that there was an empty saucepan on the by now hot hob.

Later that day I went to heat up one of them lasagnes in a plastic box in the cooker. I took off the plastic type strip of paper on top of the container and put it in the cooker, but forgot to remove the plastic box in which the tinfoil encased lasagne was enclosed.

It doesn't rain.... :)

But why should such things derive any happiness.

* The underside of the saucepan was still the same colour and hadn't burnt.
    * The plastic box ended up a bit warped and was sort of stuck to the shelf, but wasn't melted into it.

So even though two defeats were incurred losses were zero/negligible. Sometimes lack of a bad thing is a good thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Having my bum slapped :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Having my bum slapped :D

Ah your one of those types!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Im not a type :)
    Just felt like joining in the shenanigans after Phoenix's muff post :D

Definitely a nipple pinching type.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Just topped up the family debit card, the stragglers back to work on monday.

Two Star Trek films on the telly box to watch in a house that will be quite for 9 whole hours, now all I have to do, is decide if I want Mcdonalds or supermacs handed to me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Electrician fitted a binary lightswitch 3 months ago to replace the botched dimmer switch we had, and ever since, both our spare room light and bathroom light never came back on. New lightbulbs did nothing.

Got a lad out this morning and he found out the last guy got two wires mixed up, fixed them today, now every light in the house works :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My eldest son bought me a box of chocolates.Delighted with myself.

Farting under the covers , then lifting them up for a good sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I just got a notion to put on the Galway City Webcam and it's a good warm-hearted feeling to see people milling about the main street. But on the other side of the coin it poses another question, need, what is the need of all this, surely COVID has shown us we don't need to be out shopping! Where are all these people going?!? At 2 o' clock on a Week-day Wednesday afternoon! It's a constant continuous stream of people up and down the town!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I just got a notion to put on the Galway City Webcam and it's a good warm-hearted feeling to see people milling about the main street. But on the other side of the coin it poses another question, need, what is the need of all this, surely COVID has shown us we don't need to be out shopping! Where are all these people going?!? At 2 o' clock on a Week-day Wednesday afternoon! It's a constant continuous stream of people up and down the town!:D

Ah I just did the same and that's cheered me right up! Hello Galway, what's the craic?!

Work is a pit of stress and bs right now but it's 30 degrees in London so I've closed my laptop and sitting in the garden with a can of diet coke and a book. Far too fine out to be sitting in front of a laptop tearing my hair out.

Visiting my local church today after being away from it during the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

bitofabind wrote: »
    Ah I just did the same and that's cheered me right up! Hello Galway, what's the craic?!

I told my Dad yesterday about the Galway live webcam and he called me from town this morning, "I'm outside Griffins bakery, can you see me on the cam?" I logged in and there he was waving like a madman in front of Taffe's pub :D:D:D:D

Cheered me right up, I miss my dad!

Sigmund Freud disagrees :)
    You're not 1 type Widdershins, you're 3 types rolled into 1

A new battery in my watch after it stopped a few weeks in the lockdown
    Libraries reopening on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

New shoes arriving in the post :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

GoatBoy74 wrote: »
    Farting under the covers , then lifting them up for a good sniff.

Is that the definition of a "Dutch oven"?

Advertisement