Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before the 1st robbery on the Canadian Goose shop in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

sasta le wrote: »
    Sell the puffa/bubble jackets all the drug dealers wear them.All the African wannabe gangsters too then.Then all the scummers wear the fake ones

Someone is upset they didn't get theirs off Santy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

retalivity wrote: »
    I was in Brown Thomas recently and its a mad spot - 90% of the menswear section is young fellas (like 15-16) browsing and buying godawful €200 tshirts or €500 shoes. And of course, plenty of canada goose or those horrible stone island jackets. They cant all be drug dealers??

Not surprised to see a full canada goose shop, good jackets but now completely tainted. See also, burberry.

I know a guy who works in Menswear in BT. He says exactly the same, nothing but drug dealers. And it's a pain in the arse for staff because they all pay cash and they have to send the till float to the cash office every time it goes over 1k.

Menswear is on the bottom floor and the cash office is on the top floor, so as soon as 1 till goes over 1k cash you have to travel up with security to the top floor, and when you get back down to the basement level another till will be over 1k cash. Its pretty much a permanent job, especially around Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I know a guy who works in Menswear in BT. He says exactly the same, nothing but drug dealers. And it's a pain in the arse for staff because they all pay cash and they have to send the till float to the cash office every time it goes over 1k.

Menswear is on the bottom floor and the cash office is on the top floor, so as soon as 1 till goes over 1k cash you have to travel up with security to the top floor, and when you get back down to the basement level another till will be over 1k cash. Its pretty much a permanent job, especially around Christmas.
    1k is a ridiculous limit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

1k is a ridiculous limit

I have worked there before but in a different department. Most people pay by card. You'll empty the busiest tills every 3-4 hours during Christmas. It's completely different in menswear though because of the clientele :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,724 ✭✭✭✭listermint

1k is a ridiculous limit

It's so ridiculous I find it hard to believe tbh.

Not in BT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

1k is a ridiculous limit

Who carries great wodges of cash around these days only securicor men and criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Cheese curd - not cheese.

And if anyone can tell me where to find cheese curd in dublin i'd be mighty grateful!

https://www.lalapoutine.ie/ sell it online, either on its own or as part of poutine kits

I have worked there before but in a different department. Most people pay by card. You'll empty the busiest tills every 3-4 hours during Christmas. It's completely different in menswear though because of the clientele :pac:
    I get that but you'd be bringing the cash to the cash office after every second cash transaction. That's extremely excessive. Do businesses on Grafton Street suffer a lot of cash robberies? I've not heard of any and i used to work on Grafton Street. If BTs are really doing that then their other security measures must be shockingly poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

There’s lots of fake versions of Canada goose being sold the last few years

There was a place on Moore st selling knock off versions of Canada goose and north face - it was near the French bakery place.

young guy I worked with in a spar had one that on first glance looked the real thing but the logo said “Cananda goose” - he didn’t like ppl noticing that.

Who carries great wodges of cash around these days only securicor men and criminals.
    Yeah but criminals going in to BTs to buy tat in order to launder their money dont then rob the cash back out of the till live on camera. Preposterous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Cheese curd - not cheese.

And if anyone can tell me where to find cheese curd in dublin i'd be mighty grateful!

Well by the looks of it, it won't be in the Canadian Goose shop

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭blade1

It's useful that scumbags wear a uniform so they're easily recognised.

Yeah but in a line up. :(

retalivity wrote: »
    https://www.lalapoutine.ie/ sell it online, either on its own or as part of poutine kits
    Bless you kind stranger

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yeah but criminals going in to BTs to buy tat in order to launder their money dont then rob the cash back out of the till live on camera. Preposterous.

Large amounts of cash in a till is still a security risk. Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

The geese are gaining girth

If the don't actually sell Canadian Goose, is it false advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Kylta wrote: »
    If the don't actually sell Canadian Goose, is it false advertising?

I only goes in for a gander! :)

blade1 wrote: »
    I only goes in for a gander! :)

So you duck in every now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

whippet wrote:
    This isn’t anything new ... when I was going to school in the early 90s in Dublin ... I could never understand how some lads had new runners constantly and all the branded gear ... when most people hadn’t a pot to piss in. Some families who I know hadn’t an adult working could afford stuff that we couldn’t with two working adults ....

The harder you work to earn your money the less likely you will be to waste it on branded stuff like Canada Goose. Its usually those that get handed state money that do. Pretending to be well off maybe. Not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

I bet Brown Thomas & Harrods are sorry they invested in Canada Goose all the scummers in the shop roaring at each other. They will destroy the brand like they did to Burberry. I wouldnt be seen dead in one even if they do cost a grand,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I love Canada goose, but there are so many fakes everywhere. I think I counted 20k worth of jackets walking out of a local school. Not one of them real, but looked like high quality all the same.

Large amounts of cash in a till is still a security risk. Duh.
    Duh. Quite. I'm expressing my disbelief that BT classify 1k as a dangerous amount of cash to hold in a till. I worked a retail job in a different Grafton Street store and it was not the case there. Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

don't believe that

every one of these stores has those vacuum tube systems for delivering cash

find it hard to believe that cash gets physically walked upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I remember seeing this story before Christmas that BT and Arnotts staff had undergone Anti Money Laundering training...

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/news/arnotts-and-brown-thomas-train-staff-to-identify-money-laundering-39545192.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I always wanted to be Maverick and not Goose:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Holly feck ..... I can someone please look at photo of my jacket and confirm if I follow in this bracket as I'm a tax payer and I only bought it because it went with my salomon trail runners ( that I wear around house and shops )

What have I done!!!!

god awful colour

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

sasta le wrote: »
    Yep I agree.
    Bubble jacket manbag bubble runners full tracksuit some tattoo sleeve
    Add in grey tracksuit bottoms and electric scooter for the younger guys

I bet you think you're an upstanding person. I thought Ireland had moved on from judgemental "People" like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The clothing and hairstyles of the modern scumbag has them looking like feminised bellends.

Holly feck ..... I can someone please look at photo of my jacket and confirm if I follow in this bracket as I'm a tax payer and I only bought it because it went with my salomon trail runners ( that I wear around house and shops )

What have I done!!!!

You disrespect salomans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

i love the haircuts the shaved heads with a nest on top, the filthy tatooed sleeve the white socks the grey sweat pants or black leggings / skinny jeans and of course the puffa jacket. Their birds are another thing mega handbags 10" of trowl make up and bubble lips to match the bubble sneakers the dark ronseal tan and the double platfoms as they mostly short legged fat arsed little mongrels!!.

Advertisement