Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before the 1st robbery on the Canadian Goose shop in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,833 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I love to buy used clothes, top brands at a fraction of the cost and barely worn. Lots of online sites like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Poutine is a dish of french fries and cheese curds topped with a brown gravy..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

fullstop wrote: »
    Never seen it sold here tbh.

Used to be a stand selling it in the lunchtime market on Thursdays in merrion square.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Holly feck ..... I can someone please look at photo of my jacket and confirm if I follow in this bracket as I'm a tax payer and I only bought it because it went with my salomon trail runners ( that I wear around house and shops )

What have I done!!!!

Do you own a twin cam or a big rear wheel drive Vauxhall and listen to Nathan Carter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Poutine is a dish of french fries and cheese curds topped with a brown gravy..

Is the Kraft Dinner from Terrence and Philip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭lalababa

I love to buy used clothes, top brands at a fraction of the cost and barely worn. Lots of online sites like that.

What sites you talking bout?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

razorblunt wrote: »

In fairness with Stone Island you can buy a Penney’s jumper and put the badge on. Similar if not better quality.

Bull. I bought a Stone Island sweatshirt about 15 years ago in London and even today it's still in decent condition. It's been washed and worn loads and still looks absolutely fine with a nice pair of jeans.
    Penney's stuff would barely last a few washes and believe me I know this with 3 daughters who live in their clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Feenix wrote: »
    I’m quite certain it’s nowhere near the same quality as Stone Island.

Stone Island is usually very good quality. I have to confess I have a replica and a retail of a stone island hoodie, I cannot tell the difference, both excellent quality, both washed a bunch of times and look brand new.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Never heard of this shop - but knowing geese maybe a flock of Canada Geese could be used a security - they are aggressive, loud and rather intimidating when together in a group.

...just like this shop's purported clients lol! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Most young men wear trainers, hoodies,tracksuits etc so how do you know someone is a scumbag.i don,t understand anyone wearing trainers
    without socks in the winter.
    its like saying any woman who wears jeans is a lesbian.
    every shop has a problem with shoplifters .
    I would hope theres no crowded venues in the middle of a pandemic,
    depends where you live, are you paying rent,
    rents are alot higher than they were in 2000.All concert venues and clubs are closed at the moment .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Northernlily

tobeme2020 wrote: »
    A very expensive clothing brand, namely coats. A coat could set you back 1500euro. I tried one on before and can verify they are an excellent coat. Would I buy one, maybe not because of the price. Would I like to have one, I certinaly would however i couldn't afford one.

I doubt many of the toerags that buy them can afford them either.

Likely spending outside their means.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

drug money watch love hate to see them all on their bikes selling weed / coke etc making their profits while Dublin 4 soar om their highs!! They mix the coke to double the value so the d4 are snorting a lot of s hite too !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Holly feck ..... I can someone please look at photo of my jacket and confirm if I follow in this bracket as I'm a tax payer and I only bought it because it went with my salomon trail runners ( that I wear around house and shops )

What have I done!!!!

Revealed you're an undercover detective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

riclad wrote: »
    Most young men wear trainers, hoodies,tracksuits etc so how do you know someone is a scumbag.i don,t understand anyone wearing trainers
    without socks in the winter.
    its like saying any woman who wears jeans is a lesbian.
    every shop has a problem with shoplifters .
    I would hope theres no crowded venues in the middle of a pandemic,
    depends where you live, are you paying rent,
    rents are alot higher than they were in 2000.All concert venues and clubs are closed at the moment .

North face jacket + Grey tracksuit bottoms + Nike air with no socks is without a doubt the worst period of fashion in the history of men’s clothing. Even Prince William would look like a scumbag in that clobber.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

YellowLead wrote: »
    https://www.peta.org.uk/action/spread-word-canada-goose-cruelty/

Hope this is scaremongering and not true....
    PETA ?

they sell outrage and buy ads. They don't spend as much on feeding our housing animals.

BBC had a documentary on Iceland. The lads collect the down off the nests and if there's any abandoned eggs they raise by hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

gubu-on-tv3charlie-haughey-752x501.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,505 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Yup yup boyiz Canada Goose fuk da Garda yup yup, and so forth.

As outlined previously, these jackets are an invaluable means of picking out scrote bags from a thousand paces.

If Canada Goose have any sort of nous they will start making a range of trousers specially designed to accommodate ankle tracking devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

young guy I worked with in a spar had one that on first glance looked the real thing but the logo said “Cananda goose” - he didn’t like ppl noticing that.

Why what is it supposed to say on the logo? Or do you mean the fake one's have a capital C & that's how you can tell the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭micar

Why what is it supposed to say on the logo? Or do you mean the fake one's have a capital C & that's how you can tell the difference?

Eh??? The brand spelt correctly

Not sure if you're being sarsactic....I can never bloody tell

micar wrote: »
    Eh??? The brand spelt correctly

Not sure if your being sarsactic....I can never blood tell

I'm not being sarcastic. The poster said his colleague had a coat with "Canada goose" wrote on it & the wearer didn't like that being pointed out. I was asking what is the logo supposed to say. I've never seen one up close so I'm not sure whats wrong with "Canada goose"

Edit: oh I just noticed now sorry lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

YellowLead wrote: »
    https://www.peta.org.uk/action/spread-word-canada-goose-cruelty/

Hope this is scaremongering and not true....

There's no smoke without fire. And it is essentially fur trade. It's surely unethical.
    https://www.thedodo.com/in-the-wild/coyotes-geese-suffering-canada-goose-jackets

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wefwFVYyEJs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

auspicious wrote: »
    There's no smoke without fire. And it is essentially fur trade. It's surely unethical.
    https://www.thedodo.com/in-the-wild/coyotes-geese-suffering-canada-goose-jackets

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wefwFVYyEJs

Im all for animal welfare but this opinion puff piece is written so poorly and without evidence I can only presume it was written by a complete and utter moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Have a read again. Canada was spelled wrong in the fake version he has. It says “Cananda”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Passed it again all the knackers posing outside with McGregor poses pure serious

Have a read again. Canada was spelled wrong in the fake version he has. It says “Cananda”

Yeah I didn't notice that :pac: goes to show I wouldn't spot a fake unless I had a pair of binoculars

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Haven't seen much Stone Island in Ireland over the years
    Even when I was more into clothes it was more seen with Dublin Whackers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

tobeme2020 wrote: »
    A very expensive clothing brand, namely coats. A coat could set you back 1500euro. I tried one on before and can verify they are an excellent coat. Would I buy one, maybe not because of the price. Would I like to have one, I certinaly would however i couldn't afford one.

Nah, Parka jacket (coat) is the way to go.

Only €30 or €40, great heat for the winter months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

There’s lots of fake versions of Canada goose being sold the last few years

There was a place on Moore st selling knock off versions of Canada goose and north face - it was near the French bakery place.

young guy I worked with in a spar had one that on first glance looked the real thing but the logo said “Cananda goose” - he didn’t like ppl noticing that.

please share which Spar so we can go in and wind him up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Orchids wrote: »

""The jackets in the shop are normally in place with a wire lock. I recently got one for my partner and some retail well over €1,000 per jacket."

Recently, ya don't say...? :D

Advertisement