Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before the 1st robbery on the Canadian Goose shop in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

You disrespect salomans

Watch out

you could be mistaken for a gangsters moll !!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tobeme2020

There’s lots of fake versions of Canada goose being sold the last few years

There was a place on Moore st selling knock off versions of Canada goose and north face - it was near the French bakery place.

young guy I worked with in a spar had one that on first glance looked the real thing but the logo said “Cananda goose” - he didn’t like ppl noticing that.

You can get good copies on dhgate for 100euro. Not as high quality as the real jackets from Canada but good as you'd buy in any legit store here in Ireland with other brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,284 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So....... You're telling me this store does not sell Canadian Geese to guard my house?

96bcb078e2028adc92964c149608f943.jpg

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Holly feck ..... I can someone please look at photo of my jacket and confirm if I follow in this bracket as I'm a tax payer and I only bought it because it went with my salomon trail runners ( that I wear around house and shops )

What have I done!!!!

I’d say you fall into the boot cut jeans bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If youre looking for a laugh, look up videos of people being attacked by geese on youtube

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Kylta wrote: »
    Not into the cheesy chips thing, but I'll take the gravy, is poutine a duck or something?

Its chips with cottage cheese and gravy

It is utterly vile

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Stheno wrote: »

It is utterly vile

Sounds pre-puked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

endacl wrote: »
    Sounds pre-puked.

It looks like puke

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Wait til you see a stew or a curry!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,841 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Geez even a Beanie Hat is 250 euros with them. And you know it's made in China along side the Dunnes Beanie hat, it's just one has their logo, and one has the Dunnes Logo.
    What a world .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I love Canada goose, but there are so many fakes everywhere. I think I counted 20k worth of jackets walking out of a local school. Not one of them real, but looked like high quality all the same.

Don't know about Canada goose reps but some of the reps of other high end outdoor brands like arcteryx are of such good quality that even the companies have trouble initially in differentiating between a rep and an original. I imagine that both are coming out of the same factory in Vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

I bet Brown Thomas & Harrods are sorry they invested in Canada Goose all the scummers in the shop roaring at each other. They will destroy the brand like they did to Burberry. I wouldnt be seen dead in one even if they do cost a grand,

Probably not. The skanger demographic is one of BT’s main customer base now. At least for menswear. Who else has that kinda money to throw away on clothes? Other than the mega rich D4s of course

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I remember seeing this story before Christmas that BT and Arnotts staff had undergone Anti Money Laundering training...

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/news/arnotts-and-brown-thomas-train-staff-to-identify-money-laundering-39545192.html

Also, if you spend more than €1500 in cash on one visit (may even include card too), you have to fill out a form. I would imagine that could be fun in menswear when Skanger McGee comes in to drop a couple of grand on Canada Goose and Balenciaga runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

It is utterly vile

It’s utterly glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

retalivity wrote: »
    I was in Brown Thomas recently and its a mad spot - 90% of the menswear section is young fellas (like 15-16) browsing and buying godawful €200 tshirts or €500 shoes. And of course, plenty of canada goose or those horrible stone island jackets. They cant all be drug dealers??

Not surprised to see a full canada goose shop, good jackets but now completely tainted. See also, burberry.

I am 47 (and male) and in my time have made a few sartorial purchases that in hindsight I couldn't really justify, but I have never in my life spent anything like €200 for a t-shirt or €500 for a pair of shoes.

Or €1,500 for a coat, do they really cost that much??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

fullstop wrote: »
    It’s utterly glorious.

Is there any place in Ireland that sells poutine?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Add Moncler into the list

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I got a grand coat in Dunnes for €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

sasta le wrote: »
    Add Moncler into the list

What kind of a dish is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Ginger83 wrote: »
    I got a grand coat in Dunnes for €45.

Does that make you a hypster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭circadian

Kylta wrote: »
    I actually thought it was some kind a Canadian fast food joint to be honest, or maybe a restaurant thatsoldthe Canadian national dish. Do the Canadians actually have a national dish?

I would welcome a poutine place in fairness, one that does the smoked bacon/marinated beef etc toppings.

That'd be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Does that make you a hypster?

Dunnester

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭pgj2015

if the dealers ad any brain they would walk around dressed as an accountant, they are just making it easy for the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭circadian

It is utterly vile

It's amazing, the only food that is guaranteed to give me heartburn.

The more "gourmet" poutine is pretty swish, like Sunday dinner gravy and all.

Then there's the KFC secret menu poutine which is, unique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

tdf7187 wrote: »
    I am 47 (and male) and in my time have made a few sartorial purchases that in hindsight I couldn't really justify, but I have never in my life spent anything like €200 for a t-shirt or €500 for a pair of shoes.

No, they certainly do not. https://www.brownthomas.com/brands/canada-goose/

They’re not made in Vietnam either like the other posts alluded to. They’re made in... you guessed it... Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,230 ✭✭✭✭blade1

pgj2015 wrote: »
    if the dealers ad any brain they would walk around dressed as an accountant, they are just making it easy for the guards.

Yeah,makes it easier for the guards to know who to stay away from :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

pgj2015 wrote: »

The smart lads are well hidden

It's only the bottom feeders with limited brain function that are so stupid as to make themselves so conspicuous..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

tdf7187 wrote: »

The poor stay poor by acting rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭pgj2015

lawred2 wrote: »
    The smart lads are well hidden

It's only the bottom feeders with limited brain function that are so stupid as to make themselves so conspicuous..

would there be many lads wearing the dealer uniform who arent into dealing and crime?
    I see this ejit clearly from Dublin but hours from it, in a small town, every day I see him walking around trying to look a hard man. He stands out like a sore thumb because the local culchie lads are going for the gaa shorts in winter look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Dogg Munde wrote: »
    No, they certainly do not. https://www.brownthomas.com/brands/canada-goose/

They’re not made in Vietnam either like the other posts alluded to. They’re made in... you guessed it... Canada.

Only €1400, I'll take 2.......

Advertisement