Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before the 1st robbery on the Canadian Goose shop in Dublin?

Options
  • 28-12-2020 10:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Well we should take bets on it
    Jesus every scumbag in Dublin seems to be outside it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

sasta le wrote: »

Please excuse my ignorance, what is the Canadian Goose shop?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Sell the puffa/bubble jackets all the drug dealers wear them.All the African wannabe gangsters too then.Then all the scummers wear the fake ones

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's useful that scumbags wear a uniform so they're easily recognised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

It's useful that scumbags wear a uniform so they're easily recognised.

Yep I agree.
    Bubble jacket manbag bubble runners full tracksuit some tattoo sleeve
    Add in grey tracksuit bottoms and electric scooter for the younger guys

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Come on now people, where's your Xmas spirit, do scumbag not deserve a Xmas too, after all we let our politicians have one!

• Advertisement

I actually thought it was some kind a Canadian fast food joint to be honest, or maybe a restaurant thatsoldthe Canadian national dish. Do the Canadians actually have a national dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Yep I agree.
    Bubble jacket manbag bubble runners full tracksuit some tattoo sleeve
    Add in grey tracksuit bottoms and electric scooter for the younger guys

White socks too, always white socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Kylta wrote: »
    I actually thought it was some kind a Canadian fast food joint to be honest, or maybe a restaurant thatsoldthe Canadian national dish. Do the Canadians actually have a national dish?

It would appear to be Poutine which is crispy fries, squeaky cheese curds and rich gravy.

Who doesn’t love cheesy gravy chips.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I actually thought it was some kind a Canadian fast food joint to be honest, or maybe a restaurant thatsoldthe Canadian national dish.

Yeah major disappoint

I want goose now.

F34 wrote: »
    It would appear to be Poutine which is crispy fries, squeaky cheese curds and rich gravy.

Who doesn’t love cheesy gravy chips.

Not into the cheesy chips thing, but I'll take the gravy, is poutine a duck or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tobeme2020

A very expensive clothing brand, namely coats. A coat could set you back 1500euro. I tried one on before and can verify they are an excellent coat. Would I buy one, maybe not because of the price. Would I like to have one, I certinaly would however i couldn't afford one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Saw some local wannabe scummer outside supermarket yesterday in the full scumbag uniform. Puffa jacket, didn't catch the brand, grey tracksuit, no socks, black runners and the brightest gold watch I've ever seen worn OUTSIDE the sleeve of the jacket for dramatic effect. All fake as feck I imagine but gave me a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

When I was cooking our Christmas goose I learned that they don't eat their geese in Canada because they're too lean.

The goose was absolutely quality fare by the way. I couldn't envisage wearing it, but I guess the down was removed before we got it so it's hard to picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,107 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I was in Brown Thomas recently and its a mad spot - 90% of the menswear section is young fellas (like 15-16) browsing and buying godawful €200 tshirts or €500 shoes. And of course, plenty of canada goose or those horrible stone island jackets. They cant all be drug dealers??

Not surprised to see a full canada goose shop, good jackets but now completely tainted. See also, burberry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Moghead wrote: »
    White socks too, always white socks.

You can tell their mammies do their washing. People who do their own washing ain't got time for white clothing and special washes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Holly feck ..... I can someone please look at photo of my jacket and confirm if I follow in this bracket as I'm a tax payer and I only bought it because it went with my salomon trail runners ( that I wear around house and shops )

What have I done!!!!

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Saw some local wannabe scummer outside supermarket yesterday in the full scumbag uniform. Puffa jacket, didn't catch the brand, grey tracksuit, no socks, black runners and the brightest gold watch I've ever seen worn OUTSIDE the sleeve of the jacket for dramatic effect. All fake as feck I imagine but gave me a good laugh.

Some do look horrendous but in there own world, they gain a high degree of social status with there peers when they kit themselves out like that. Funny looking to us but not to the peers and girls who would hang around them. Sad how Irish society has changed.

retalivity wrote: »
    I was in Brown Thomas recently and its a mad spot - 90% of the menswear section is young fellas (like 15-16) browsing and buying godawful €200 tshirts or €500 shoes. And of course, plenty of canada goose or those horrible stone island jackets. They cant all be drug dealers??

Not surprised to see a full canada goose shop, good jackets but now completely tainted. See also, burberry.

90% of the would be selling drugs. The other 10% would work hard plus there parents would provide the with financial help. It's the coke scene for the 90%, they can make 1000euro a wknd just by supplying one or two parties at the wknd.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

Holly feck ..... I can someone please look at photo of my jacket and confirm if I follow in this bracket as I'm a tax payer and I only bought it because it went with my salomon trail runners ( that I wear around house and shops )

What have I done!!!!

That is SuperDry, Completely different to Canadian Goose :)

On a side note, so The North Face is out of fashion with the youth of today ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,253 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What have I done!!!!

You're OK

Superdry is the poor man's north face.

North face is the poor man's Canada goose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Is their an outdoor brand not tainted by skang?

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I wonder what 100% of BT's sales are in cash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Remember that's its douchebag drug users who fund these animals lifestyles.

Something to think about when you're next snorting a line.

• Like a Tokyo train, Mr. Kiernan arrives bang on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,017 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Not into the cheesy chips thing, but I'll take the gravy, is poutine a duck or something?

Poutine is chips with gravy and cheese

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Like a Tokyo train, Mr. Kiernan arrives bang on time.

Point out where he's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

A friend of mine was telling me few years ago, that kids in his school gets bullied if they don't have branded jackets, shoes etc. Kid goes to a school in west Dublin.

One half of me wants to believe it, based on the number of Kids you see walking around with expensive jackets. The second half of me wants to think the kid is making it up, so the parents buy him those expensive jackets and shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭KevRossi

drogon. wrote: »
    A friend of mine was telling me few years ago, that kids in his school gets bullied if they don't have branded jackets, shoes etc. Kid goes to a school in west Dublin.

One half of me wants to believe it, based on the number of Kids you see walking around with expensive jackets. The second half of me wants to think the kid is making it up, so the parents buy him those expensive jackets and shoes.

I got plenty of abuse in the 80s for wearing Dunnes Stores runners. Sports Strides I believe they were called. Also didn’t have a German Army Surplus Parka, nor a PLO scarf for which I got more stick.

It’s not a new phenomenon and it wasn’t new in the 80s either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

This isn’t anything new ... when I was going to school in the early 90s in Dublin ... I could never understand how some lads had new runners constantly and all the branded gear ... when most people hadn’t a pot to piss in. Some families who I know hadn’t an adult working could afford stuff that we couldn’t with two working adults ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Poutine is chips with gravy and cheese
    Cheese curd - not cheese.

And if anyone can tell me where to find cheese curd in dublin i'd be mighty grateful!

Advertisement