Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before the 1st robbery on the Canadian Goose shop in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,202 ✭✭✭✭blade1

C'mon, own up, which one of ye was it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Another scrote favorite Moncler had there shop robbed in paris . They're horrible looking jackets , black , shiny , puffy things for the money they cost

Boulevard Saint-Germain in Paris, Friday December 11, around 3:40 p.m. Several individuals walk into the luxury Moncler down jacket store and loot the shelves of the Italian brand’s high-end ski products. The scene was filmed by the brand’s CCTV cameras.

40,000 euros of damage!
    The scene lasts a few seconds. A dozen masked individuals with hoods over their heads enter the shop. They dig into the shelves before coming out quietly and without violence with tens of thousands of euros of products in their arms.

The employees present did not show any sign of resistance, no apparent violence is to be deplored, according to images shared by several media including Le Figaro. “Several individuals entered the store and seized many items – jackets and down jackets – before fleeing,” confirmed a daily police source. According to Le Parisien, the amount of the damage would amount to 40,000 euros, and the authors had not yet been found this Saturday morning.

https://youtu.be/rqRX5dkkfGc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The smash and grab thefts are becoming increasingly common. Happens a lot in London with those moped gangs.

I don't think Canada Goose is a permanent store on Grafton Street. I think it's essentially a pop up shop, so they probably didn't invest in high level security.

I just think it's amazing that somebody could do that on an empty Grafton Street. Pearse Street Station not that far away either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Anyone referenced this yet?

360.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Ioni 1985

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Orchids wrote: »
    The shop was 'smashed open and hit up' did a Guard say that? He must think he's on NYPD Blue or something :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

Are they good winter jackets even? For that amount I'd want them to be super warm in these temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Are they good winter jackets even? For that amount I'd want them to be super warm in these temperatures.

They're excellent jackets and actually far too warm for Irish weather. Designed for Canadian winters, not hanging around outside your local Spar in 12C Ireland, but the skangers don't care about that.

I feel somewhat sorry for brands that get co-opted by skangers like this. Then again, Canada Goose likely neither know nor care, given their global value.

Also, Burberry managed to wrestle back and rehabilitate their brand (although it took a very long time and they essentially had to retire their heritage design) so who knows, maybe CG will do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

It seems there was no security shutter on the shop and scumbags were basically able to rip the glass door open. Pretty light security for a product so prized by scumbags.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Dial Hard wrote: »
    They're excellent jackets and actually far too warm for Irish weather. Designed for Canadian winters, not hanging around outside your local Spar in 12C Ireland, but the skangers don't care about that.

I feel somewhat sorry for brands that get co-opted by skangers like this. Then again, Canada Goose likely neither know nor care, given their global value.

Also, Burberry managed to wrestle back and rehabilitate their brand (although it took a very long time and they essentially had to retire their heritage design) so who knows, maybe CG will do the same.

I think Lonsdale was the worst, adopted by actual nazis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The shop was 'smashed open and hit up' did a Guard say that? He must think he's on NYPD Blue or something :rolleyes:
    One eye-witness, Aindriu Breathnach was one of the first people on the scene when staff made the shock realisation this morning.

He came across the incident just as a Dublin City worker was sweeping up the remains of the door as shocked workers watched on.

He told Dublin Live: The Canada Goose shop on Grafton Street was smashed open and hit up by some sort of gang this morning.

We've reached a point now where people don't even look past the headline of the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

I totally agree with you on the overkill bit. Heck, they are too warm for most days here in Canada in winter. I have a very good coat that I only wear a t-shirt under on most days. In Ireland, folks are better off wearing a good waterproof jackets with sweaters on colder days. Goose down is overkill when you are not living in really cold climes.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

Take off the brand and its decent warm jackets built for harsh winters. A bit OTT for Ireland. Unfortunately their clientele in Ireland are just awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

So can we safely conclude it was probably the OP leaving behind a tantalising clue for solving his future crime?

Would you not be a sap for buying a stolen jacket?
    The casuals in Britain used to pay crazy money for a certain clothing brand.

It was the fact that they had paid like 3 or £400 for a top, that they loved to boast about.

Buying a cheap stolen one would ruin their street-cred.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

3 coats is a bit of a rubbish haul. I walked by the store earlier. Looks like it was the first couple of display coats on the manaquins, which were womens jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I'm a walking freezer & I find it extremely hard to imagine a coat that would be too warm. Unless it was some powered electric blanket type thing.

Anyway I'd be interested in looking like a drug dealer if they really were really that warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,081 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I'm a walking freezer & I find it extremely hard to imagine a coat that would be too warm. Unless it was some powered electric blanket type thing.

Anyway I'd be interested in looking like a drug dealer if they really were really that warm.

You'd still be cold as you need to pair it with grey shorts and no socks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I think it depends where you live. Plenty of people in affluent areas wearing theses jackets and no one thinks they’re drug dealers. It when you see whole family’s Descending from White Audi jeeps all bedecked in grey shorts, runners and Canada goose jackets, let’s just say don’t make eye contact.

• Advertisement

I think it depends where you live. Plenty of people in affluent areas wearing theses jackets and no one thinks they’re drug dealers. It when you see whole family’s Descending from White Audi jeeps all bedecked in grey shorts, runners and Canada goose jackets, let’s just say don’t make eye contact.

I live in the hood so I'd fit right in wearing one :pac:
    Don't have the Audi so hopefully I'd just look like a frost queen looking to keep warm.

With any look the knackers will move on to something else by next year & I could get one as an investment. Snuggly days ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Don't have the Audi so hopefully I'd just look like a frost queen looking to keep warm.

With any look the knackers will move on to something else by next year & I could get one as an investment. Snuggly days ahead.

would you not just get another expensive less well known warm coat? im sure they are other brands that are as good, probably cheaper as well.

The dealers should do likewise, such sheep all wearing the exact same clothes, like if they have so much money, could they not go for other expensive brands.

You might find yourself becoming a person of interest to the guards, and to 'rivals' who think you are dealing on their patch :eek:

pgj2015 wrote: »
    would you not just get another expensive less well known warm coat? im sure they are other brands that are as good, probably cheaper as well.

The dealers should do likewise, such sheep all wearing the exact same clothes, like if they have so much money, could they not go for other expensive brands.

I would if I knew of a particular coat brand that was considered 'too warm'. Thats a coat worth investing in.
    You might find yourself becoming a person of interest to the guards, and to 'rivals' who think you are dealing on their patch :eek:

You'd laugh if you seen me. I look about a million miles away from someone who'd be selling drugs so I don't think I'd draw attention to myself that much.

Also there are a lot of good looking guards around my way, so maybe the coat might bring some actual wanted attention my way. Another thing to sway me into one of the coats :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

As others have said they are for Canadian winter, not sure if it's mentioned is that Canadian winter at least on the East and middle is dry cold where your precipitation for a couple of months is going to be snow which you can brush of your jacket easy not rain, don't think most clothes Down are actually that great for wet conditions.

Down is a great material, light , comfortable and super warm. Had a jacket that did me in -20 weather however it's never that cold in Ireland and if your out in that temperature for a while you also want insulated trousers/thermal leggings, balaclava/warm face mask and so on.

As others have said they are for Canadian winter, not sure if it's mentioned is that Canadian winter at least on the East and middle is dry cold where your precipitation for a couple of months is going to be snow which you can brush of your jacket easy not rain, don't think most clothes Down are actually that great for wet conditions.

Down is a great material, light , comfortable and super warm. Had a jacket that did me in -20 weather however it's never that cold in Ireland and if your out in that temperature for a while you also want insulated trousers/thermal leggings, balaclava/warm face mask and so on.

Thats a good point that they are probably not practical for our rain. I haven't seen one up close myself. I wonder do they sell any that are down and waterproof?
    Imagine spending that money on a coat & you end up soaked through :o

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Get Real

Nah some random passerby called Aindriu Breathnach said it. He also managed to take photos of the door and send them in for the article for his 15 mins of fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

And it’s the same as any luxury brand. Football casuals in the UK think Stone Island is designed just for them. As if the designer in Milan is thinking some young fella in Blackpool will love this for his trip to Preston next week. Guardiola was advised to stop wearing his because of the perception it has in the UK. It’s totally different in Barcelona Paris etc. It’s usually worn by the people it’s marketed towards.
    I’d imagine the majority of Canada Goose clientele in Ireland are not young fellas from working class areas. It just appears that way because they flaunt it a bit more.
    Burberry was a different kettle of fish because it was completely taken over by the less affluent and it killed the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fagan3501

tobeme2020 wrote: »
    90% of the would be selling drugs. The other 10% would work hard plus there parents would provide the with financial help. It's the coke scene for the 90%, they can make 1000euro a wknd just by supplying one or two parties at the wknd.

Do you have proof of this? 90% of people in the bt mens section who's a teen is a drug dealer 😂 that's a bit over the top.. I'd say the majority would be mammys boys with a few drug dealers of course. Plenty of wannabe bad kids out there, don't assume they are all coke dealers. Where are these facts coming from?

• Advertisement

Yeah I hadn't notice anyone wearing one around my way but I'm sure there probably are some & I'm just not seeing them because I'm a bit old for hanging around the streets myself.

I work with a girl from city center though & she was telling me her brother who's 15, gets them bought from their parents for birthday presents or Christmas. At the time she was telling me, she said he already had two of them & was getting a third for his birthday

Advertisement