Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ok, I have activated Prime, by mistake and I was going to watch and then remembered the 5055 error code.

So contacted support, they wouldn't do anything and told me to buy this:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-TV-Stick-Basic-International/dp/B01ETRGFA8/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?keywords=fire+tv+basic+edition+international&pd_rd_i=B01ETRGFA8&pd_rd_r=a6db5ca6-ea41-4173-b0a4-3af36a14a73d&pd_rd_w=bfZaw&pd_rd_wg=QVtWL&pf_rd_p=7dc56c0d-8a5f-4d97-9143-7233b106859a&pf_rd_r=6K8FAEB455QN235ZDK9A&qid=1563465644&s=amazon-devices

What do you need to say to them to change so you can watch Prime? I told them I lived in Ireland but want to change over to UK so I could watch....probably the wrong thing to say

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Hello I live in Northern Ireland but my fire stick isn’t working and I’m getting error xyz, do you think it’s because I’m near the border of the Republic of Ireland ?
    Or just use a smart dns and set yourself up in the U.K. and you can use bbc player etc also

Fire stick should work in North, I would guess you provider is using a server in south to connect out into internet

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What do you need to say to them to change so you can watch Prime? I told them I lived in Ireland but want to change over to UK so I could watch....probably the wrong thing to say
    This worked for me but my situation is slightly different because I do get deliveries to N.I. at times and I had the same address set as the billing address when signing up for Prime. Go into your account and change your address to a NI one - Parcel Motel address if you have a locker with them but if you dont just use an address of an Argos store somewhere including the postcode. Then go to live chat or mail them and ask for the video content to be set to UK. If necessry say you live in NI but work in ROI.

I told them I lived in Ireland but want to change over to UK so I could watch....probably the wrong thing to say
    Most definitely was the wrong thing to say

muffler wrote: »
    This worked for me but my situation is slightly different because I do get deliveries to N.I. at times and I had the same address set as the billing address when signing up for Prime. Go into your account and change your address to a NI one - Parcel Motel address if you have a locker with them but if you dont just use an address of an Argos store somewhere including the postcode. Then go to live chat or mail them and ask for the video content to be set to UK. If necessry say you live in NI but work in ROI.

Most definitely was the wrong thing to say

As soon as I said it I knew I made a mistake....I have a Parcel Motel address and gave them it....might leave it and try tomorrow.....

What do they need to change on the account? I have my address etc in UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Shefwedfan wrote:
    What do they need to change on the account? I have my address etc in UK?

They need to change something on their system to withdraw the restrictions. Don't tell them you're from Ireland. Let's hope they haven't recorded that on your account.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If anyone is happy with just the Irish catalogue, you can side-load the Android version of the Prime Video app and it works fine. I posted a link earlier in the thread. But obviously it's better to get the UK catalogue if you can.

RossieMan wrote: »
    They need to change something on their system to withdraw the restrictions. Don't tell them you're from Ireland. Let's hope they haven't recorded that on your account.

Do I need a vpn then? Or will
    It work from Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Do I need a vpn then? Or will
    It work from Ireland?

VPN with UK host selection.....sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Get onto chat and direct the conversation to where it is easy for them to fix your issue. Tell them your Prime videos are not working and it is likely due to it not being set to uk.

If you got one sent to a uk address set that as your default in case they look. And dont mention ireland at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Treat amazon like an insurance company, tell them as little as possible.
    I just said my prime video wasn't working, they reset account and its being working fine since on my 3 firesticks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

My stick turned up

Wont update, tired plugging unplugging etc etc

Then go into remote app and try to add amazon account and wont work, tried two different ones

Did they blacklist it as its meant to be gone missing so rubbish to whoever gets it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

jeffk wrote: »
    My stick turned up

Then go into remote app and try to add amazon account and wont work, tried two different ones

Did they blacklist it as its meant to be gone missing so rubbish to whoever gets it?

If the replacement is coming couldn't u pretend to mix them up & go the replacement u just got is not working & see would they refund you. Or something else.

If the replacement is coming couldn't u pretend to mix them up & go the replacement u just got is not working & see would they refund you. Or something else.

"I've checked and can see you've contacted us and informed that you haven't received the device.
    So my colleague replaced the device and blocked this device."

Knew was too good to be true :(

Could have said nothing and paid DPD 4 to deliver replacement and got a spare remote etc but sure knowing my luck wouldn't work out that easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

jeffk wrote: »
    My stick turned up

From a quick Google search, with a bit of effort it should still be usable.

Got then to unblacklist it and cancel replacement for the sake of E25 or issues down the line

I did have a quick google, but just said no point trying to be clever if it catches up on me

bromley52 wrote: »
    From a quick Google search, with a bit of effort it should still be usable.

They will just charge your account then....so what’s the point?

Full price I bet as well

They will just charge your account then....so what’s the point?

Full price I bet as well

Thats what I was thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭happydays5

I am considering buying a firestick where is best and are there different types - I'm not great at technology and see some are saying about a vpn- how do i get tgat? Also is it better to buy in the north?

If anybody has any links for reccomendations or advice it would be brilliant! Thanks

Just set mine up and it's so responsive.

An OTG cable and USB ethernet adapter work perfectly if you have them. No need for Amazons expensive adaptor.

Getflix DNS works as expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭AhhHere

Any stand out apps people are using?

AhhHere wrote: »
    Any stand out apps people are using?

It's not on the Firestick but Apps2Fire on your phone allows you to easily side load any android app onto your firestick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Stb emu and emby

Tivimate is much nicer than STBEmu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The wifi antenna on the Firestick 4k seems to be fierce good. Never seen anything like it for wireless connectivity speed.

Tivimate is much nicer than STBEmu

Has anyone tried a Kodi setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Yes & I am a total newbie :)

But I can't get addons to install via zip files - it's quite a learning curve :confused:

Yes, it's good but a lot of work when apps do a decent job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Its fine, i'ts as good as the addons you put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

califano wrote: »
    Its fine, i'ts as good as the addons you put on it.

If you can get the addons to install. :confused:

But, looking at other threads, it appears that we aren't allowed to discuss Kodi.

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    If you can get the addons to install. :confused:

But, looking at other threads, it appears that we aren't allowed to discuss Kodi.

That's just an over zealous mod in the Cable & Digital forums, Kodi would be fine to discuss as long as we don't promote the addons or the sites. It's just a media player.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement