Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

Leaked footage of Ubisoft Heartlands. What do people think? Looks like a complete bore to me.

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/05/16/heres-20-minutes-of-leaked-gameplay-footage-for-tom-clancys-the-division-heartland/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Leaked footage of Ubisoft Heartlands. What do people think? Looks like a complete bore to me.

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/05/16/heres-20-minutes-of-leaked-gameplay-footage-for-tom-clancys-the-division-heartland/

I take it the guy can be identified by the code on the screen and is ****ed by nda now. I'll definitely give it a go as it's free and i love the division but my expectations are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's great sales on the Switch, it's just Nintendo first party games that don't get reduced as much. But then again when pretty much every best selling game of the last 5 years is yours why would you?
    There does be good sales, but my issue with the Switch store is that you have to go through page after page of shovelware to find decent games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    There does be good sales, but my issue with the Switch store is that you have to go through page after page of shovelware to find decent games

True. I just add everything I'm interested to to the wishlist. Otherwise it's a nightmare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Speaking of sales. I'm waiting for The Way to finally be available at full price and not 90% off to buy it just to **** with the people that made it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Never even heard of The Way, but looks pretty cool.

It does but it's also never off sale for 90% off. Developers trying to push it to the top of wishlists and sales lists for visibility, which apparently works wonders.

Three constants in life:

Death, taxes and The Way being 90% off on steam.

You can pay €14.99 on GOG if you really want to :P

https://www.gog.com/game/the_way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I followed that on Kickstarter back in the day; wanna say it was one of the first, bigger campaigns during that initial gold rush for community funding. Never did get around to buying the damn thing though. I take it it's not too bad (Ace Combat weirdo doing the recommendation notwithstanding :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ace Combat 7. What. A. Game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Wouldn't be surprised to see Skull & Bones become part of Ubisofts FTP model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Is that the new Ace Attorney action adventure spinoff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

*Retr0gamer likes this*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wouldn't be surprised to see Skull & Bones become part of Ubisofts FTP model.

Yeah, has to be the prime contender for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

My PS4 controller may be coming to the end of its life, can barely hold a charge for over an hour now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You'll get 2 batteries for under a tenner on aliexpress

*Retr0gamer likes this*

The truth hurts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

All you ***** that just suddenly jumped on the Ace Combat bandwagon need to go back and play the PS2 games, you have barely scratched the surface. Honestly, this is like listening to people that have just discovered Mario games going on about how great Mario Sunshine is.

The 360-exclusive one is very good too btw, just don't play the PS3 exclusive, it is RE6 levels of bad.

Markitron wrote: »
    All you ***** that just suddenly jumped on the Ace Combat bandwagon need to go back and play the PS2 games, you have barely scratched the surface. Honestly, this is like listening to people that have just discovered Mario games going on about how great Mario Sunshine is.

The 360-exclusive one is very good too btw, just don't play the PS3 exclusive, it is RE6 levels of bad.

I'm planning on going back! And the PS4 version special edition comes with a great remake of the apparent best PS2 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm planning on going back! And the PS4 version special edition comes with a great remake of the apparent best PS2 game.

I have been meaning to look into getting that, but I didn’t buy the special edition. I wonder if it can be bought separately.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    I have been meaning to look into getting that, but I didn’t buy the special edition. I wonder if it can be bought separately.

I already own the game on PC but it was on sale for 20 euros recently so picked it up just for the remake.

Don't hold out hope for it being available separately. It's a Namco Bandai thing to keep these things tied to pre-orders and special editions.

I wish they'd release the remake on pc. I'd love to play 4, 5 and Zero again.

Will have to stick with emulation i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

*Retr0gamer likes this*
    As do I. If it wasn't for Retr0's deep infectious love for this game, I would never have touched it.

As do I. If it wasn't for Retr0's deep infectious love for this game, I would never have touched it.

I can die happy in the knowledge that I made the world a better place for one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Has anyone bought a game from UK post-brexit, over 22quid? Just looking at one on base.com and got a headache trying to work out final cost and how to pay eu VAT. Thinking its probably not worth the hassle...

Note, not including Amazon as they add EU vat on already to make things simpler

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a game from UK post-brexit, over 22quid? Just looking at one on base.com and got a headache trying to work out final cost and how to pay eu VAT. Thinking its probably not worth the hassle...

Note, not including Amazon as they add EU vat on already to make things simpler

They ship it and unless customs miss it you'll get contacted with how to pay.

Depending on who the courier is there might be an additional fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Can Star Trek Online be played on a Mac running Mojave?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Varik wrote: »
    They ship it and unless customs miss it you'll get contacted with how to pay.

Depending on who the courier is there might be an additional fee.

Am I right in saying that Amazon.co.uk take care of all that upfront and the price you see there is the price you'll pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Am I right in saying that Amazon.co.uk take care of all that upfront and the price you see there is the price you'll pay?

Yeah, they factor everything into the final price when you go to check out. Takes care of a lot of hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Only if it's sold/dispatched by Amazon.

Advertisement