Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Sun & Moon rumours and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Legendary typing spoiler
    Solgaleo is Steel/Psychic, Lunala is Ghost/Psychic. Very defensive pairing with not many weaknesses on either.

Strange how a Sun pokemon is weak to fire though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's a really frigging cool looking attack.

Edit: Official video

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

More new info:

http://trib.al/akGZiyZ

Quite like pikapek (the obligatory new pidgey)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The new battle royale mode looks interesting. I like the traditional one-on-one format but it might be fun to try out.

Any word yet on wifi battle features? I really want a 'no legends' option for the battles.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

I'm really glad battle royale is a proper game mode now. Free-For-Alls were fun to do in multi-battles, but they were limited in that you had to target your team mate if there was only one person left on the other side, giving the person on their own an advantage of being able to attack without potentially getting hit back.

New trailer and more Pokemon revealed.

A new Pokémon, Salandit revealed. I'm super excited about this one for two reasons:

1) Poison/Fire type, a combo I've wanted for a while now.
    2) It can poison Steel and Poison types!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It looks fun but I fear this will lead to everyone having a Gliscor with them in battles to counter it, especially if this thing is vulnerable to Earthquake.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

I suppose it depends on how strong it is, or any potential evolution would be.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I like Litten, the fire starter. The twisted fire starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Are the original 150 still in this game or is it totally different

D.Q wrote: »
    Are the original 150 still in this game or is it totally different

Generally speaking you can catch at least some of the original 150, or you can trade them from other games, but much of the focus tends to be on newer pokémon for these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

...Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

So far, almost all of the new pokemon look horrible. Does anyone know how many new pokemon they plan to have, about 100?

No idea, I don't think they've said how many they'll introduce.

I don't mind some of the new ones. I like the ground horse, the elderly looking dragon (reminds me of Falkor), Salandit, Rockruff, the starters, Vikavolt, or the boxart legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Are the proper Pokemon going to be in this? The likes of Charmander and Geodude and the likes? Those new ones look daft.

Last Pokemon game I played of the main ones was Pokemon blue so maybe time hasn't been kind to the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Omg I cannot wait to gets my hands on mudsdale! Soon my horse Pokemon team will be complete :D he'll join rapidash, zebstrika, giraffarig (I'm counting him as "horse like" ) Stantler (ditto as with giraffarig) and swasbuck!

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Are the proper Pokemon going to be in this? The likes of Charmander and Geodude and the likes? Those new ones look daft.

Last Pokemon game I played of the main ones was Pokemon blue so maybe time hasn't been kind to the game?

The game has gotten 1 million times better! With mega evolution, over 800 Pokemon to choose from, larger regions, online battles and wonder trade especially! If you haven't played since blue my god you're in for a bumpy ride! There are different traits, different ways to level up, genders, breeding, IV/EV training, stat breeding!

Maybe play the likes of second gen or even 3rd just to get the hang of it ... Pokemon has been releasing a game every year so remember that - the game you played 17 odd years ago has come on a long way. It is nothing like Pokemon go ....

I hope eevee gets another block of evolutions! 8 are just not enough!

And what do you consider "proper" Pokemon. ..... Gen 4/5 pokemon as just as "proper" as gen 1 .....

As a true fan I consider all Pokemon equals to one another be they gen 1 or gen 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Some of the Gen 1 pokes are utter crap, same as Gens 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. So far Gen 7 has shown some crap too. All the gens have good and bad pokemon.

But yeah, it's changed a lot since Pokemon Blue.

Generally between the two games it's possible to catch all the pokemon. There are some exceptions but they're rare or legendary

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Has there been any mention of Mega's yet? I don't want to spoil everything so I'm not paying super close attention but don't recall any mention of them yet. Hopefully they ditch them and go back to the normal Pokémon but I've a bad feeling there will be some sort of fusion going on if not more Mega's.

No mention of new megas, I doubt they'll drop that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

The game has gotten 1 million times better! With mega evolution, over 800 Pokemon to choose from, larger regions, online battles and wonder trade especially! If you haven't played since blue my god you're in for a bumpy ride! There are different traits, different ways to level up, genders, breeding, IV/EV training, stat breeding!

Maybe play the likes of second gen or even 3rd just to get the hang of it ... Pokemon has been releasing a game every year so remember that - the game you played 17 odd years ago has come on a long way. It is nothing like Pokemon go ....

I hope eevee gets another block of evolutions! 8 are just not enough!

And what do you consider "proper" Pokemon. ..... Gen 4/5 pokemon as just as "proper" as gen 1 .....

As a true fan I consider all Pokemon equals to one another be they gen 1 or gen 6.

Certainly sounds like a lot has changed. What I mean by "proper" Pokemon was the originals really. Looking at the new ones they have introduced, they look like a 5 year old drew them.

Just seems like they are clutching at straws to come up with a new looking Pokemon.

800 is insane. Is it quantity over quality?

One thing that irks me with the complaining of how the new pokémon look, is that people acting like the originals all looked amazing. Sure gen 5 had ice-cream cones, but gen 1 had two red and white balls, and two blobs of purple slime.

And is nearly 800 that much (it's currently 721 not including the new ones that are announced), given they've been making the games for 20 years? They can't just run the games with the same 151 for the sake of nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Angron wrote: »
    One thing that irks me with the complaining of how the new pokémon look, is that people acting like the originals all looked amazing. Sure gen 5 had ice-cream cones, but gen 1 had two red and white balls, and two blobs of purple slime.

And is nearly 800 that much (it's currently 721 not including the new ones that are announced), given they've been making the games for 20 years? They can't just run the games with the same 151 for the sake of nostalgia.

Only the pink headed bear (Bewear) and that old dragon (Drampa) annoy me but I often think they add pokémon to please players who aren't in my demographic. Mudsdale, Mimikyu, Salandit & other look pretty cool I think. I like the Legendaries for a change & the starters bar that silly red nose :mad:

joe123 wrote: »
    Certainly sounds like a lot has changed. What I mean by "proper" Pokemon was the originals really. Looking at the new ones they have introduced, they look like a 5 year old drew them.

Just seems like they are clutching at straws to come up with a new looking Pokemon.

800 is insane. Is it quantity over quality?

Loads of amazing Pokemon! My personal favourites are tyranitar, hydregion, salamence and milotic! Sure think about the original 151 - there is a magnet (magnamite) a pile of goo (grimer) and a plant (oddish and bellsprout)

With the new Pokemon came new types, new move sets, new abilities and new evolution lines!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

They'll probably try and integrate that synchro stuff from the anime.

• Advertisement

I do hope fusion isn't added thoigh ... Was useless, currently playing white 2 and it's the only part I find meh!

Advertisement