Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Options
  • 17-04-2013 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭

24/6/16

Recently we saw three posters close their accounts over disagreements in the dairy threads. While there is a lot of frustration and discontent with current milk prices and the processing industry, the recent tendency for dairy threads to become tit-for-tat arguments isn’t tolerable for those not involved.

All farming sectors go through difficult periods and during such times there may need to be changes in how threads are moderated.

Dairy threads are going to be more closely monitored and subject to stricter moderation for a while.

To that end we won’t tolerate baiting of posters, constantly reviving old arguments, posters with agendas or crusading for a cause.

Whether it’s discussion of the business or politics of the dairy or other sectors, we expect civility and tolerance toward each other and other opinions as diversity of opinion is needed as a source of different ways of looking at a situation.

"The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress." - Joseph Joubert

Also please be aware that what you may post as light-hearted banter can be read totally differently by someone adversely affected by the subject matter and evoke a reaction you hadn’t intended.

The ‘Off-Season’ forum, and its anonymous posting, is available for anyone to chat about their situation.

The Mod Team.

I was wondering would it be a help if we posted our milk prices. I would hope that if someone is low that help could be given, on the other hand if high perhaps your tips could help us all.

I would suggest posting your processors base inc Vat for comparison
    Post your Nett price for others to help or be helped
    I think that solids should be included.
    I suggest any seasonal/liquid contract price be excluded or seperated.

I feel that we as farmers do a lot of bitching about processor prices and rightly so IMO. I also feel that we should not worry about it as we can do nothing about base price but we certainly do something about it at farm level.

What do you all think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Ok, you first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

Glanbia supplier
    Base price 35c inc vat
    Nett price received 37.49c/litre
    Fat 4.34%
    Pro 3.38%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

L.land
    base 35.28 inc vat
    BF 4.27
    PRO 3.36
    Received 37.9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭mf240

Glanbia base 35cent

prot 3.25

Bfat 4.17

Paid 36.5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Just to doublecheck delaval, the base price would be the "gross surplus value" on the Glanbia statement?

Anyways,

Base: 34.26
    BF 3.83
    P 3.12
    Nett 36.38

• Advertisement

Lake land in the lead another stick to beat our board members with. Any Wex, Donegal, Kerry or DG out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

willl get d exact figures tomorrow when home for kerry.

delaval wrote: »
    Lake land in the lead another stick to beat our board members with. Any Wex, Donegal, Kerry or DG out there?

Yes but not for long they have sold for 3 months in advance and the .28 cent was for lactose bonus and they reckon they are down money this month with that price so we could be stuck on 35 cent til July s milk

loveta wrote: »
    Yes but not for long they have sold for 3 months in advance and the .28 cent was for lactose bonus and they reckon they are down money this month with that price so we could be stuck on 35 cent til July s milk
    What's your base without Lac bonus?

35 cent even

• Advertisement

loveta wrote: »
    35 cent even

Are ye a+b-c??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭stanflt

36.87 surplus and 7.? Cent extra for contract milk

Liquid milk but paid 100% on solids

March was 4.12 and 3.36

89343 litres sold from 98 cow total including dry cows

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ciaran kinvara2012

kerry

(a) protein 23.960
    (b) butterfat 12.630
    (c) volume adj -1.000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

stanflt wrote: »

89343 litres sold from 98 cow total including dry cows

were you feeding a lot of calves or was it a lot of dry cows

Are ye a+b-c??

yes we are

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭stanflt

maxxuumman wrote: »
    were you feeding a lot of calves or was it a lot of dry cows

that was march delivery avg 30litres per cow per day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,073 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn supplier price 37.12c a litre at 4.25 fat and 3.31 protein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

stanflt wrote: »
    that was march delivery avg 30litres per cow per day

Only kidding, great yields

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Arrabawn supplier price 37.12c a litre at 4.25 fat and 3.31 protein
    What is your base price in Arrabawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

What is your base price in Arrabawn?

35c/ltr

just scraped it my self b/f 4.08 p 3.1 (from memory can check later)

my solids took a dip last 10 days :mad::mad:

yields were ok at 30.4ltr per day including a high % of hefiers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

connacht gold
    base price;35.48
    my price;40.27 @ fat 4.37 pr 3.46
    protein bonus 1.05
    early milk bonus 1.40

PMU wrote: »
    connacht gold
    base price;35.48
    protein bonus 1.05
    early milk bonus 1.40

Getting of the topic here a bit PMU but does any of that price include purchase of C.gold concentrate??L.land have introduced it for next winter .2kg per litre supplied not impressed as it wipes out purchasing options for us and i feel leaves the door open to what ever take there fancy down the road :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

no, I can get mine out from limerick E40 a ton cheaper. the bonus for meal purchase is.6 cent perlt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

PMU wrote: »
    connacht gold
    base price;35.48
    protein bonus 1.05
    early milk bonus 1.40

good price, better than arrabawn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Phillip Boucher-Hayes mentioned as an aside on Radio1 that one of the supermarket multiples are considering lowering their milk prices to consumers. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭TEAT SQUEEZER

snubbleste wrote: »
    Phillip Boucher-Hayes mentioned as an aside on Radio1 that one of the supermarket multiples are considering lowering their milk prices to consumers. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

unfortuately for us the producer the supermarkets will "finance" this price drop by demanding a lower price from their processing suppliers who will "reluctantly" pass that further down the line :mad:

unfortuately for us the producer the supermarkets will "finance" this price drop by demanding a lower price from their processing suppliers who will "reluctantly" pass that further down the line :mad:

I wonder will they be able to do this, this time.Milk is scarce every where and prices are rising but it is an household essential and if they get the shopper in with cheap offers "like the way they sell drinks below cost for them" they will make it well back on the basket of other stuff. Or am i just being silly??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

well lads any news on arrabawns milk price for april? could do with an increase

• Registered Users Posts: 11,073 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

kevthegaff wrote: »
    well lads any news on arrabawns milk price for april? could do with an increase

Yep up a miserly 1 cent to 36 vat inclusive.badly wanted and could do with more.april supplies back 5% on 2012

• Advertisement

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Yep up a miserly 1 cent to 36 vat inclusive.badly wanted and could do with more.april supplies back 5% on 2012

I reckon milk supplies will tighten further forcing them all to pay more. If only they could be fair and stop with the hardship payment (glanbia).

Tight milk supplies will hurt them!!!
    Isn't it a shocking thing to say about a business that we pert own, but such is life.

We are in a dry area land wise but as you all know labs quality can change in a half mile in Ireland. I collected my friend for a meeting last evening and every beast he had was housed. He has only had his cows out sporadically since last July. As you can imagine all his feed is purchased at the moment. It shook me to be honest.

His son joined the business last year a real keen young fellow and now his parents are wondering have they done him a disservice? I am sure this is replicated all over the country!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement