Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Few of us meeting tomorrow evening in town at 18.00 before the 19.00 session! Starbucks Westmoreland Street. I hope the WiFi in there won't suck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well enjoy the 7pm event people.
    Wonder if they'll have the tutorial again and will you be able to keep playing like in the first one after the hour is over

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Its live now btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I can't get into it, internet isn't working for the e store either, anyone else? Every other device working fine with my broadband

AMGer wrote: »
    I can't get into it, internet isn't working for the e store either, anyone else? Every other device working fine with my broadband

Same here!! Major connection issues :-(

Balls!! I was in and then it disconnected :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

Can't get in here either.

Working perfectly for me.

Getting my arse handed to me though haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

In eventually!

AMGer wrote: »
    In eventually!

I can get to weapon selection.....then tries to find a battle and disconnects each time! Gonna give up soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Got a few rounds in, daughter wanted to switch to roller, nothing but disconnects since

Edit: tried watching some videos from the news section, they stalled out too. Moved the dock, reception improved but performance still stunk.

• Advertisement

I guess I'll have to work out what the network issues are. Can't access the eshop either, testing the network connection also fails. Must investigate the lan option just in case the wifi is acting up. Could also be Virgin as well. No issues before.

Edit: resetting the console fixed it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The second I undocked I got access. Playing now.

Sarn wrote: »
    I guess I'll have to work out what the network issues are. Can't access the eshop either, testing the network connection also fails. Must investigate the lan option just in case the wifi is acting up. Could also be Virgin as well. No issues before.

Edit: resetting the console fixed it!

Does the wipe reset everything?

madmoe wrote: »
    Does the wipe reset everything?

Actually all I did was reboot it. It hasn't been rebooted since the 3rd so it explains why there were some issues.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder if they'll have the tutorial again and will you be able to keep playing like in the first one after the hour is over

Seems they copped on to this from last time since the tutorial was timed. And a short tmime at that.

Got home in time to have 1 match. Played in portable mode using gyro. Not a fan. Must change that for next time.

The missus is sold on it, she got in 3 games but enjoyed it so it looks like I'm going to be picking it up come release.

Having never played it before I'd like to have had more time to set up the controls the way I like them. The gyro was tricky to use, a little tweaking of the sensitivity probably would have helped. I'll need to give it another go before I'm sold on it.

I disabled the motion controls because noooooooope!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yup, played once with the default, and noped out of that fairly fast. I got 3 games in. The mechanics are good, but I imagine it seems some time to get used to the weapons and maps. With the limited selection this year, I'll probably get it though!

Miss having the map since can't see quickly where needs to be covered

• Advertisement

Miss having the map since can't see quickly where needs to be covered

But you can hit the "X" button during gameplay to bring it up.

(oh okay i see you said quickly)

The map on the gamepad was really handy for seeing where needs to be done, where our team mates are and seeing where the other team are from seeing the colour expanding. All without having to interrupt the gameplay.

I'd say if you logged into Splatoon now, you'd have no trouble getting a match with ones wanting to practise before the next hour

oooh okay yeah that would be handy alright(never played it on wii u myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I played 3 games of it earlier, only remembered about 7:45 :D
    I lost the first and won the other 2.
    I was playing in handheld mode and they assume that you want tilt controls on the fcuking thing!
    I lost the first match due to that, turned them off and won the other 2 :)
    Of course, I still sucked during the other 2, but I probably had better team mates haha!

It was interesting for a proper beta. I'm wondering what it would play like in different control schemes. I might try it again tomorrow with the grip controller in tabletop mode. I don't really have the dock set up at the moment, so can't try it on a TV.

I don;t know if I'll buy it on release. The deciding factor for that will be the single player, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I don;t know if I'll buy it on release. The deciding factor for that will be the single player, I suppose.

They said 1p would be the same size as Splatoon on WiiU, which was Grand but too short and so very different to the online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Played it last for at least 1 hour 30 minutes (I'm assuming my Japanese account let me play the extra time). I only quit when the connection kept going down. The lag was bad on the Japanese test fire. I was splatted even before I could see the opposition. Can't wait for this to release. Shame the map is now X, I kept pressing it to jump.

Dear Nintendo release this now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Wifi seems fine, camera sensitivity is sharp, im down minus 5 seems good, but only getting 1 map, dunno if its worth the 80€ price tag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

safetyboy wrote: »
    Wifi seems fine, camera sensitivity is sharp, im down minus 5 seems good, but only getting 1 map, dunno if its worth the 80€ price tag

Who's selling it for €80?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Who's selling it for €80?!
    That was the pricetag i seen could be just a holder price? The right analogue stick gets painful after a while.

Advertisement