Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

From a person who would probably explode in flames if she even went near a church or crucifix...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/524615_4874290696470_1455109110_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Apanachi wrote: »
    From a person who would probably explode in flames if she even went near a church or crucifix...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/524615_4874290696470_1455109110_n.jpg
    What can you say to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Really love this!

I don't. In fact, I HATE "I am what my religion teaches" posts.

This reminds me a bit of a housemate of mine (who also happens to be Islamic, but that's just coincidence). His Facebook posts are an attempt to look deep and brooding, but when you know the guy, you know that he just lays around 24/7 pissing away college funds paid for by his family. And, knowing this, you then begin to see how everything on his Facebook is just an attempt to validate being a lazy waster. He'd happily tell you that it's all just a part of a big grand design, though, that that's what his religion teaches him to do.

Even the devil can cite scripture for his worth...

I'm an atheist but both respect and am interested in others' beliefs and how they affect their life choices. But the reality is that if you are Islam, you are just as likely to be a terrorist as you are to be loving and compassionate, i.e. not particularly.

Religion is just a basis, an ideology. What matters and defines a person is the choices they make with that in mind. They'll then generally work backwards and attempt to find some religious basis to justify that, or failing that just change religion to suit the life choices that suit them best.

So no, while I can COMPLETELY understand how frustrating it must be to be considered something negative on the sole basis of the religion you just happened to be born into, to completely go the other side of the coin and to use that religion as the basis for why you're, in fact, a good person is equal levels of bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kickslate

"Only found out now Margaret thatcher died..should maybe start watching the news haha"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

coolhull wrote: »

Wow, my Jesus costume really fooled that little kid…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think some statuses should be ignored, or else engaged with in a realistic, and intelligent manner.

I think some statuses should be ignored, or else engaged with in a realistic, and intelligent manner.

But, how can you ignore a status if God saw you reading it????

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That's up to God what he wants to do with that. I am ignoring it. What God sees ain't my problem! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

- It's not true
    - Why didn't Jesus do something helpful like stopping the guy from killing himself and his wife?
    - It's not true
    - Really? God is watching to see who reposts it on Facebook?
    - It's not true
    - It's not true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Penn wrote: »
    - It's not true
    - Why didn't Jesus do something helpful like stopping the guy from killing himself and his wife?

They were obviously sodomites. Jesus can't be helping those kinds out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

That the guy behind the couch was the man her mom was having an affair with and had just got caught in the act...hence only wearing a towel :P

Must have been Easter Sunday…

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

:(: i dunno

What does that even mean?!
    I really need to block this one. Between the attention seeking posts like the above, the 'my boyf is totes the greatest' posts and the constant sharing of those awful 'romantic' and 'motivational' pictures she is the definition of annoying facebook girlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭gubber

"Ireland: the Amsterdam of alcohol!!" Cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Board.com. Is not the word

Correct. Bored is the word :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Quazzie wrote: »
    Correct. Bored is the word :rolleyes:

No more than a minute after reading your post, this was posted by one of my friends:

BOAAAAAARED
    (Elongating the A on purpose to highlight stupidity)

If they're so bored, read a dictionary. They'll get to B in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

(sorry, saw this and had no choice but to post it here) this is taken from a well known facebook page, it turned my hair gray and i'm only 25, i give up
    Hi Waz goin dwn d road der 2day n cn dis yungala trunin dids at dis uder yungala so i wnt ovr n tryd 2 stop it n d 2 uder yungalas tuderned on me n strt trunininin digs at me. dey puled me jumper up ovr me hed and me bags round me ankals n gav me a wegey n ran off wit me jacka. i rang d garda n dey laffed dwn d fone at me. dey said it was a nu scam day youngalas r pretend scrapin so sum 1 cums ovr n trys stop it den robs der jackas n sel dem. wil ye warn all ur liseners dat dis scam is goin on n if ye c youngalas trunin digs mind ur eoin coz d garda do nutin coz der always etin donuts d fat pig rats rats ou slasher103

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

yungala yungalas yungalast

What the hell? That was so hard to read and then decipher. I've been studying for a cryptography exam and I still had trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

What is that? I don't even...

• Advertisement

(sorry, saw this and had no choice but to post it here) this is taken from a well known facebook page, it turned my hair gray and i'm only 25, i give up
    Hi Waz goin dwn d road der 2day n cn dis yungala trunin dids at dis uder yungala so i wnt ovr n tryd 2 stop it n d 2 uder yungalas tuderned on me n strt trunininin digs at me. dey puled me jumper up ovr me hed and me bags round me ankals n gav me a wegey n ran off wit me jacka. i rang d garda n dey laffed dwn d fone at me. dey said it was a nu scam day youngalas r pretend scrapin so sum 1 cums ovr n trys stop it den robs der jackas n sel dem. wil ye warn all ur liseners dat dis scam is goin on n if ye c youngalas trunin digs mind ur eoin coz d garda do nutin coz der always etin donuts d fat pig rats rats ou slasher103
    Is this a message posted only for aliens? I can't make head or tail of it. Anyone out there speak Chav?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I think it says some guy saw two other guys fighting and went to stop it and got robbed, or it could be a short yet insightful take on the whole Israel thing, I'm not sure.

Is this a message posted only for aliens? I can't make head or tail of it. Anyone out there speak Chav?

I'm ashamed to say I got the general gist of that. I only have one brain cell left though. Completely worth it as I now know how not to have my jacket stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I was going down the the road there today and seen this young lad throwing digs at this other young lad. So I went over and tried to stop it and two other young lads turned on me and started throwing digs at me.
    They pulled my jumper over my head and my tracksuit bottoms down below my ankles and gave me a wedgy before running off with my jacket.

I rang the Gardaí and they laughed down the phone at me. They said it is a new scam where young lads pretend to be scrapping so someone comes over to stop it. They then steal their jackets and sell them.
    Warn your listeners that this scam is going on and if you see young lads throwing digs mind your own business as the Gardaí do not have the resources to deal with petty crime.

Cordially Slasher103

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Translation:
    Hi. I was going down the road there today and saw this young fella throwing digs at this other young fella so I went over and tried to stop it and the two young fellas turned on me and started throwing digs at me. They pulled my jumper up over my head and my trousers round my ankles and gave me a wedgie and ran off with my jacket.
    I rang the Gardai and they laughed down the phone at me. They said it was a new scam, the young fellas are pretending to fight so that someone comes over to stop it then they rob their jackets and sell them. Will you warn your listeners that this scam is going on and if they see young fellas throwing digs mind your own business because the Gardai do nothing; they are always eating donuts the fat pig rats, rats out.
    Slasher103.

/My brain hurts after that.

If anyone notices Gmail, YouTube or other google services are down later it's because I tried to fully translate this.
    The black smoke rising from the back of my laptop and flashing 'Danger' sign aren't offering me much comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I know these are from twitter but they give you a peek into the world of the idiots' reaction to the Boston bombings:

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/tagged/Boston-Marathon

That is a purely dreadful reaction from anyone who probably don't even care about what would happen to someone who can be completely innocent in all of this.

I feel pretty disgusted reading it now tbh. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

The worst bit is that one of the people is a contributer to FOX news

Thwip! wrote: »
    The worst bit is that one of the people is a contributer to FOX news

But what else would we expect from Fox News contributors?

''Fox News, Fair and Balanced'.........Yeah, right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

This just popped up on my newsfeed.
    Soooo depressed.Need a new phone, new camera, new toaster and a new hoover. Fuc my fucn life. GRRRRRRRR!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement