Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

Seems the keep €20 credit is now gone for new customers.

Luckily signed up few months ago hope they don't stop it for all users.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

thebo wrote: »
    Seems the keep €20 credit is now gone for new customers.

Where did you read that?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

mrcheez wrote: »
    Where did you read that?

It's on the Three website.

Their pre-pay plan(s) for new customers changed late last month. Now three different plans available: €15, €20 or €30 per 28 days. Activating plan benefits uses all your top-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

48 have new plans in case anyone's interested in other options since most providers are trending towards phasing out keep credit plans for new customers.

9.99 pm
    20GB
    300 mins
    All SMS

14.99 pm
    40GB
    300 mins
    All SMS

That seems good value depending on usage and they allow swapping data for additional minutes...
    Swap 1, 2 or 3GB for 100, 200 or 300 minutes respectively.
    https://48.ie/legal/price-plan-details

They last a full month which is more than the usual 28 day duration of all the other networks 4G PAYG plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Quackster wrote: »
    It's on the Three website.

Their pre-pay plan(s) for new customers changed late last month. Now three different plans available: €15, €20 or €30 per 28 days. Activating plan benefits uses all your top-up.

Wonder will this affect existing customers eventually too? Could be end of an era!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Wonder will this affect existing customers eventually too? Could be end of an era!

Better not.
    One of my nippers has €140 credit on his phone :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Better not.

Better be careful, it does have an expiration date I think.

Could be end of an era!

End of a thread anyway!

Btw if anyone is looking for a fun app to pick up I got Super Mario Run recently for €11 on Google Play. Surprisingly polished and great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

So hoping to use my credit for Disney plus. I have Iphone but have android I can sign up with for playstore. Will I be able to do this ? Will it auto renew each month when my sim is back in the iphone ?

If it does work can I use Disney plus on other devices?

Sorry for all the questions . Have never used my credit before for anything normally loose it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Was going to switch to 3 next week. What other networks offer option to keep the credit except vodafone that I'm with. I see tesco and eir(very bad offer when it goes about data) but any other?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

End of a thread anyway!

Btw if anyone is looking for a fun app to pick up I got Super Mario Run recently for €11 on Google Play. Surprisingly polished and great fun.

It's great and by the time you've got all the black coins you'll have had great bang for buck.

Far better than Mario kart tour which costs 5.49 a month to stay semi competitive - they just keep adding new clones every week of the same characters / karts / gliders and without the correct combination, you can't score high enough to progress. You can use your credit for the 5.49 though which helps soften the blow.

loki7777 wrote: »
    Was going to switch to 3 next week. What other networks offer option to keep the credit except vodafone that I'm with. I see tesco and eir(very bad offer when it goes about data) but any other?

Vodafone and Three are the only networks you can spend your credit on Google Play Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Star wars movies are 7.99 each, apart from the newest one, on play store

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

matchthis wrote: »
    Star wars movies are 7.99 each, apart from the newest one, on play store

Sure, they're all on Disney+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

My unused cash credits on 3 are still classified as "Won't expire". So maybe its for new accounts only!!!

"If you make at least one chargeable call every six months, you will keep your top-up credit active and prevent it from expiring. If you don't do this, your cash credit will expire after six months of non-use"

Didn't know that. Thanks. Only thing I use it for anyway are Play movies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mav11 wrote: »
    "If you make at least one chargeable call every six months, you will keep your top-up credit active and prevent it from expiring. If you don't do this, your cash credit will expire after six months of non-use"

Didn't know that. Thanks. Only thing I use it for anyway are Play movies!!

Each iteration of your credit has a 6 month shelf life.
    So assuming that you have been topping up regularly, a 20 Euro will become invalid at the 6 month mark, but the previous 5 months credits are still valid.
    With the latest of those having 1 month left until expiry, if that makes sense :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    So assuming that you have been topping up regularly, a 20 Euro will become invalid at the 6 month mark, but the previous 5 months credits are still valid.
    With the latest of those having 1 month left until expiry, if that makes sense :)

Would never build up that much credit. Prefer to splurge on Play movies::D

marcbrophy wrote: »

Not for old accounts like mine that came over from O2

My credit doesn't expire as long as I use a portion of it.

I know this because, before subscribing to this thread, I used to top up once every 12 months... and just used credit for occasional calls when I couldn't Whatsapp. I only ever used Wifi and never data.

It never expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Not for old accounts like mine that came over from O2

My credit doesn't expire as long as I use a portion of it.

I know this because, before subscribing to this thread, I used to top up once every 12 months... and just used credit for occasional calls when I couldn't Whatsapp. I only ever used Wifi and never data.

It never expired.

Damn, it's more complex than I thought then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Better not.

To use the new My3 app you need to re-register and when I did my excess credit vanished f%ck3r$!
    New app's not even working now.

DeWitt wrote: »
    To use the new My3 app you need to re-register and when I did my excess credit vanished f%ck3r$!
    New app's not even working now.

How much you lose?

It's the same 'upgrade'. We're being moved over to the new My3 in batches.

Quackster wrote: »
    It's the same 'upgrade'. We're being moved over to the new My3 in batches.

What's the new advantages of this new my3 anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

It's a bit more modern. They have a "schedule top-up" option too which is nice looking.
    Everything you need is on the dashboard too. Scroll to get to upgrade options and stuff too.
    The login is your email address tho which is kinda stupid imo.
    The old app used to only work over mobile data too I believe? Or maybe that was updated. Either way this is on wifi. I seem to remember the old one being that way.

Also my credit is still there. Didn't lose it as per other commenter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

How much you lose?

€100. Kinda hoping since I can't get into the app right now it might appear when I do, but it's not on the My3 site when I login there 😕

€100. Kinda hoping since I can't get into the app right now it might appear when I do, but it's not on the My3 site when I login there ��

Jesus... best of luck!

One big advantage is you now have access to recent itemised usage details so you can see where all your credit is disappearing to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

€100. Kinda hoping since I can't get into the app right now it might appear when I do, but it's not on the My3 site when I login there ��

Just ask 3 where it's gone, email or chat.

Advertisement