Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

They just updated the Green List,, and it includes Liechtenstein, a country with no airport,, and it seems you have to fly to Austria or Switzerland to get to Liechtenstein.

But Austria and Switzerland are not on the Green List...

What a bunch wasters we voted for,,, Never Again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

satguy wrote: »
    They just updated the Green List,, and it includes Liechtenstein, a country with no airport,, and it seems you have to fly to Austria or Switzerland to get to Liechtenstein.

But Austria and Switzerland are not on the Green List...

What a bunch wasters we voted for,,, Never Again ...

Bang of anger off this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Bang of anger off this post.

Bang of shill of you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I see now that they are getting a €2000+ pay increase.

The whole country is going down the toilet, but hey,, our TD's are doing just fine.

OK can we all agree on one thing here.

They have not taken this increase, they have refused it.

Can we all agree on this?

Truthvader wrote: »
    Agree. Even if they earned every penny it is staggering stupidity to take it now as jobs are lost all over the place. Its not as if a single one of them will notice an extra 2K on top of what they already get.

"Ministers have also agreed to forego a planned two per cent pay increase which would have been due in October under the public pay agreement, Cabinet sources said"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/taoiseach-s-salary-falls-below-200-000-as-government-takes-10-pay-cut-1.4314818?mode=amp

Do you lads ever get tired of spreading fake news, honestly??

I can see MMs point to Mary Lou the other day.

Even though I don't like him.

Constantly coming out with lies to spoke hatred and anger.

It's dangerous and is misleading to the people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭PommieBast

tobsey wrote: »
    Every single public sector worker is getting it. Politicians can’t give themselves pay increases outside of public sector pay agreements. Over half of it will go back in tax to the state anyway.
    In which case that means taxes having to cover an extra €300m rather than €160k..

OK can we all agree on one thing here.

They have not taken this increase, they have refused it.

Can we all agree on this?

No ...

They will refuse it as normal,, it will disappear from the news cycle, and then in 6 months, they will get,, Backdated,,, same as always..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,250 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    Thats not true.

Have you ever applied for a position on a State Board, you can do so through publicjobs.ie and there is a process.

Unless you have evidence to the contrary, that appointee would have had to do that. Given her previous experience, she would have been a front-runner for any position.

Throwing around allegations of cronyism without any knowledge of the process and procedure is just loose talk.

So we raising the minimum wage under the same logic, or can we not afford that?

Minimum wage has risen faster than public service salaries over the last few years.

What's your point?

The minimum wage was €8.30 on 1 January 2007, it is now going to €10.20, a 23% increase over that time.

There are many public service pay rates (including TDs) which are still below their 1 January 2007 rates and who are paying a pension related deduction as well which didn't exist back then.

Those are the facts which once again show the type of lies that Martin talks about Mary-Lou telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

So we raising the minimum wage under the same logic, or can we not afford that?

They are completely unrelated. An increase in the minimum wage is not paid by us, as taxpayers. It’s paid by businesses. So it’s not a case of whether we can afford it.

We probably can’t afford the 2% to public sector workers either. It’s likely it’ll be taken back through taxes or levies in the next few years. However it has nothing to do with the minimum wage, and it’s nothing to do with politicians giving themselves a pay raise.

• Advertisement

No ...

They will refuse it as normal,, it will disappear from the news cycle, and then in 6 months, they will get,, Backdated,,, same as always..

Actually it's been years since TD's took the increase.

But that doesn't suit your imaginary story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Actually it's been years since TD's took the increase.

But that doesn't suit your imaginary story.

Dont think that is the point. Even if they were well entitled it is the wrong wrong time to be flagging this - which they seem to have finally coped if it is true that "ministers" are declining the increase. What about other TD'S?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

smurgen wrote: »

I think you are the only poster in here who follows them on Twitter. Not sure who that says more about.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,091 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    I think you are the only poster in here who follows them on Twitter. Not sure who that says more about.

Jaysus blanch, go and work out how the platform you love to criticise, when it suits, works. I have seen that about ten times tonight and I don't follow YFG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Have you ever applied for a position on a State Board, you can do so through publicjobs.ie and there is a process.

Unless you have evidence to the contrary, that appointee would have had to do that. Given her previous experience, she would have been a front-runner for any position.

Throwing around allegations of cronyism without any knowledge of the process and procedure is just loose talk.

Not throwing around, pointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tobsey wrote: »
    They are completely unrelated. An increase in the minimum wage is not paid by us, as taxpayers. It’s paid by businesses. So it’s not a case of whether we can afford it.

We probably can’t afford the 2% to public sector workers either. It’s likely it’ll be taken back through taxes or levies in the next few years. However it has nothing to do with the minimum wage, and it’s nothing to do with politicians giving themselves a pay raise.

You didn't understand my comment. I was asking would the same dismissive logic that others will be getting it, some will go to taxes etc. apply to a rise in the minimum wage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I wouldn't be a follower myself and I have seen it plenty of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Oh dear, that's cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

YFG go viral on the regular, for all the wrong reasons. They're outrageously cack-handed and an endless source of comedy. Much like their 'grown-up' colleagues in the Dáil Éireann.

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    YFG go viral on the regular, for all the wrong reasons. They're outrageously cack-handed and an endless source of comedy. Much like their 'grown-up' colleagues in the Dáil Éireann.

They do seem to keep having constant PR disaster's on twitter tbf, remember the lad Andrew Ralph who wanted to sacrifice the elderly so his buddies and him could go out and play?

IMG-20200926-101629.jpg

Remember a certain poster (in hindsight masquerading as a lady poster) going for days that looking at his LinkedIn profile was "a breach of privacy" "GDPR" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Yurt! wrote: »

Have you seen a picture of a young Enda Kenny??

Truthvader wrote: »
    Have you seen a picture of a young Enda Kenny??

kenny3.jpg

tumblr_inline_nwp0crVnff1r2qnxq_250.jpg

Our great TD's are about to hire friends and family as ""advisors""

Extra Government advisors set to push wage bill to €15m

But at least the new 64 advisers will only cost €3m extra per year.

Sure wont it give the Missus something to do, or that Daughter that did art at college and now can't get a real job. They'll be looking for an aide de camp next.

FG trending on Twitter this morning for all of the wrong reasons.

Gist of which:
    • Mary Mitchell O'Connor and Michael Ring "Meddling in GMIT appointments".
    • Rejected Regina being shunted into a different constituency.
    • FG Councillors illegal plastic waste collection removal to cost €500m in Waterford
    • YFG getting absolutely slated for their FF Photoshop antics.
    • Misleading/downright lying on an "anti shinner" video.

Something something not a normal party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Whoever posted it ain't very clever
    But sure look,it lessens the amount Sinn Féin has to spend on publicity if warring government factions are stupidly gifting horses in the mouth like that :)

McMurphy wrote: »
    FG trending on Twitter this morning for all of the wrong reasons.

Gist of which:
    • Mary Mitchell O'Connor and Michael Ring "Meddling in GMIT appointments".
    • Rejected Regina being shunted into a different constituency.
    • FG Councillors illegal plastic waste collection removal to cost €500m in Waterford
    • YFG getting absolutely slated for their FF Photoshop antics.
    • Misleading/downright lying on an "anti shinner" video.

Something something not a normal party.

Corporate cronyism.

McMurphy wrote: »
    kenny3.jpg

tumblr_inline_nwp0crVnff1r2qnxq_250.jpg

Be still, my beating heart.

• Advertisement

Be still, my beating heart.

Isn’t it just sad that someone was saving up that picture just to produce in an internet debate among anonymous posters?

Or maybe something else stranger?

Advertisement