Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    They robbed another thing the shinners were talking about and tried to pass off as "their idea" :eek:

No, as you ignored the rest of my post, as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I think the fact the €20,000 figure is getting thrown about,L annoys people, the magic money tree which only gets brought up when SF want to spend cash is well and truely available.

Do you know how much it costs the government to take out a full page ad in a national newspaper with Cvoid-19 safety measure printed on it?
    If you did, you wouldn't be complaining about €20,000.

If you are complaining about this €20,000 are you also going to complain about ad's in the Irish Times or aired on RTE?
    Do you think the government should even be communicating these measure to people at all?
    Surely 1 of the endless advisors can come up with messages to let the kids know to follow the rules.

Say they did. What 'free' medium do you think they can get that message across? Be honest now, as I do not think you have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nope, I was pointing out the hilariousness and ridiculousness of the poster relying on a tweet which was immediately contradicted by the first reply.

That obviously passed over your head.

Nothing passed over my head blanch.

You couldn't resist doing what you chide others about. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

the magic money tree which only gets brought up when SF want to spend cash is well and truely available.

Not always, it also gets brought up when they come up with mind numbingly stupid proposals such as reducing the pension age when we have a pension time bomb.

Unfortunately for tax payers, our supposed right wing party FG are well capable of spunking away billions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Nothing passed over my head blanch.

You couldn't resist doing what you chide others about. :):)

Laughing at people relying on Twitter not even noticing the first response was what I was about, you missed that.

• Advertisement

Laughing at people relying on Twitter not even noticing the first response was what I was about, you missed that.

And the poster who fulminates about people using tweets used a tweet to do that.

Hypocrisy...low level hypocrisy but hypocrisy just the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nope, I was pointing out the hilariousness and ridiculousness of the poster relying on a tweet which was immediately contradicted by the first reply.

That obviously passed over your head.

Anyone can "contradict" anything on twitter blanch, they're called threads (same as here) it's a flow of discussion.

If you don't understand how it works you'd be best off leaving it and stop embarrassing yourself.
    markodaly wrote: »
    No, as you ignored the rest of my post, as per usual.

Really? What did I ignore ?

You said you said you heard MLMD talk a "few days ago" about something fg were contemplating.

Was it a few days before or after, and would you have a link to the podcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Nothing to say about Leo getting his disgraced mate Breege O'Donoghue a new public job, after she was forced to resign from a previous role for going abroad not once but twice.

I can't keep a running commentary going on every micro action Leo takes. Saw O'Broin on the telly last night making an ass of himself but made no comment on that either. Seems like you have nothing to say about Breege O'Donoghue either - bar complaining that I didn't immediately attack her - or Leo or whatever

Truthvader wrote: »
    I can't keep a running commentary going on every micro action Leo takes. Saw O'Broin on the telly last night making an ass of himself but made no comment on that either. Seems like you have nothing to say about Breege O'Donoghue either - bar complaining that I didn't immediately attack her - or Leo or whatever

Hi there. You might have missed this.
    You can't be arsed to back up a claim you made :confused:

Meanwhile ..... Early September........

‘Wet pubs’ should be given a chance to reopen, Varadkar says

And 13th of September.

Mary Lou McDonald calls for Dublin pubs to remain open

Hi there. You might have missed this.

And your point is???

Leo says he would like to try to get pubs open at at private meeting subject to various things. Poor Mary Lou is shrieking to keep pubs open from the top of some red top rag only purchased by her support base. She was probably under pressure from Dessie Ellis anxious for a sing song with his gang.

The links are not even to the headline I was referring to

Still stupid, irresponsible cheap effort at a bit of populist self interest at the expense of morons. She should link up with Gemma

• Advertisement

And your point is???

Leo says he would like to try to get pubs open at at private meeting subject to various things. Poor Mary Lou is shrieking to keep pubs open from the top of some red top rag only purchased by her support base. She was probably under pressure from Dessie Ellis anxious for a sing song with his gang.

Still stupid, irresponsible cheap effort at a bit of populist self interest at the expense of morons. She should link up with Gemma

De Shinners is writing the Redtops now.

:):):)

De Shinners is writing the Redtops now.

:):):)

Why, oh why, do you perennially twist the words of other posters? He never said that.

And your point is???

My "point" is you made a post, I corrected you, you came back - double downed on it - "couldn't be arsed" to find a link to back up your claim.

I provided you with sources to back up what I was saying (I can even link to the CB show McDonald was quoted from)

You come back now with "what's your point" and "that's not the headline i was talking about"

Toddle along and find the headline and we can discuss it, because otherwise it just looks like you got called out on hoop talking.

Why, oh why, do you perennially twist the words of other posters? He never said that.

Note the implied ownership here.
    Truthvader wrote:
    Poor Mary Lou is shrieking to keep pubs open from the top of some red top rag

My "point" is you made a post, I corrected you, you came back - double downed on it - "couldn't be arsed" to find a link to back up your claim.

I provided you with sources to back up what I was saying (I can even link to the CB show McDonald was quoted from)

You come back now with "what's your point" and "that's not the headline i was talking about"

Toddle along and find the headline and we can discuss it, because otherwise it just looks like you got called out on hoop talking.

Putting the 'e' back in Truthevader.

These guys...blanch, mark and Truth will routinely throw the lie out there and hope that it sticks.

What? There was no implied ownership.

Where is the possessive adjective in "some red top rag"?

Seriously, I used to think you were deliberately twisting people's words, now I am wondering if it is some comprehension issue.

What? There was no implied ownership.

Where is the possessive adjective in "some red top rag"?

Seriously, I used to think you were deliberately twisting people's words, now I am wondering if it is some comprehension issue.

What Truth meant to say was 'Some journalist portrayed Mary Lou as shrieking on the top of the red top he/she writes for' instead Truth tried to portray Mary Lou as using the redtop to her own device to shriek.

Subtly of it may have escaped you. But his/her's other line would have compounded the impression he/she was trying to give, that only Shinners buy these redtops.
    Truthvader wrote:
    red top rag only purchased by her support base.

That's the 'truth' according to Truthvader. :)

What Truth meant to say was 'Some journalist portrayed Mary Lou as shrieking on the top of the red top he/she writes for' instead Truth tried to portray Mary Lou as using the redtop to her own device to shriek.

Subtly of it may have escaped you. But his/her's other line would have compounded the impression he/she was trying to give, that only Shinners buy these redtops.

Yep almost 100% I believe Mary Lou issued her stupid and irresponsible statement in the hope it would get maximum publicity and was of course delighted to make the front page portrayed as " de hero of the wurkin' man and de only wan fightin' to keep de pubs open"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Yep almost 100% I believe Mary Lou issued her stupid and irresponsible statement in the hope it would get maximum publicity and was of course delighted to make the front page portrayed as " de hero of the wurkin' man and de only wan fightin' to keep de pubs open"

English please

English please

Certainly. See page 57of this thread where someone posts a link to the front page of the daily Star for 18th September. If you copy and paste the picture attached to Leo's tweet you get the full impact of the sage advice from the lovely and wise Mary Lou.

Cant get it to copy to here but would be grateful if someone more technically able than me could manage it

Caught out again lads

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Mary Lou on the FF/FG/Green thread, Mary Lou on the FG thread

Mary Lou has really got inside their heads since election. Leo hasnt been the same since, Mícheál Martin has tried to copy Leo's failed style of talk down on her all time and this boards has went off the wall crazy

That is a real stretch to try and justify this comment. Not buying it, Francie, nice try and all that, but you've spun yourself in circles on this one. You have to spin Truthvader to try and make some sense of your comment.

That is a real stretch to try and justify this comment. Not buying it, Francie, nice try and all that, but you've spun yourself in circles on this one. You have to spin Truthvader to try and make some sense of your comment.

I won't be taking lectures on spin off somebody who tried to spin building a wall in the garden into a breach of the Covid Building Site regulations just to maintain a lie he was telling. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

I see now that they are getting a €2000+ pay increase.

The whole country is going down the toilet, but hey,, our TD's are doing just fine.

satguy wrote: »
    I see now that they are getting a €2000+ pay increase.

The whole country is going down the toilet, but hey,, our TD's are doing just fine.

Agree. Even if they earned every penny it is staggering stupidity to take it now as jobs are lost all over the place. Its not as if a single one of them will notice an extra 2K on top of what they already get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What is your issue with this?

Are you questioning her competence or ability?

LV looked after one of his own who looked good resigning only for optics, to be later looked after. Cronyism.

Bowie wrote: »
    LV looked after one of his own who looked good resigning only for optics, to be later looked after. Cronyism.

It is only cronyism if she is unsuitable or unable for the job and there were other better candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Agree. Even if they earned every penny it is staggering stupidity to take it now as jobs are lost all over the place. Its not as if a single one of them will notice an extra 2K on top of what they already get.

Every single public sector worker is getting it. Politicians can’t give themselves pay increases outside of public sector pay agreements. Over half of it will go back in tax to the state anyway.

It is only cronyism if she is unsuitable or unable for the job and there were other better candidates.

Thats not true.

• Advertisement

tobsey wrote: »
    Every single public sector worker is getting it. Politicians can’t give themselves pay increases outside of public sector pay agreements. Over half of it will go back in tax to the state anyway.

So we raising the minimum wage under the same logic, or can we not afford that?

Advertisement