Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

As I said, you already know the answer.
    Constantly asking the same question, repeating the same rubbish is getting you Or the thread nowhere.

Not sure why you felt the need to change your original ‘cultists’ remark to this.

Zealots is more apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Denny61

You gave enough of a toss to post an opinion.

IF you don't like what you are seeing feel free to ignore.
    It wasn't an opinion on the subject .ie .who is going to win ..!! It was a post from me on what I think of this stupid thread ..yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I have explained my reasoning.

I have explained why I believe it matters.

All you have done is called my contribution s##te and rubbish...because you have nothing else to contribute, that is on you.

I’ll leave you to work it out. It’ll give you something to do.
    Zealots is more apt.

More like you felt like a hypocrite.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I’ll leave you to work it out. It’ll give you something to do.

More like you felt like a hypocrite.

I feel it's not insulting and as I said its more appropriate. A better word and a clearer straightforward description.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I’ll leave you to work it out. It’ll give you something to do..

In other words, you can't explain why there isn't any evidence of any kind of public support for Biden.

I think we all know why there isn't any evidence!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

In other words, you can't explain why there isn't any evidence of any kind of public support for Biden.

I think we all know why there isn't any evidence!!!

I'm not going to go as far as to say that the absence of evidence is evidence of absence, and I have no reason to believe that Biden is not ahead.

I am, however, surprised at the relative amount of public support I'm seeing for Trump vs Biden. I'm used to seeing bumper stickers for both parties. Now, if you look at my facebook feed, it's more Biden, but on the street, on flags, billboards or bumpers, he's not to be seen. Which I find odd as I don't know if it's truly support for Trump, or support against Biden which I -am- seeing.

I am not going to infer anything in particular of it, beyond saying I'm not used to it.

I'm not going to go as far as to say that the absence of evidence is evidence of absence, and I have no reason to believe that Biden is not ahead.

I am, however, surprised at the relative amount of public support I'm seeing for Trump vs Biden. I'm used to seeing bumper stickers for both parties. Now, if you look at my facebook feed, it's more Biden, but on the street, on flags, billboards or bumpers, he's not to be seen.

I am not going to infer anything in particular of it, beyond saying I'm not used to it.

I would agree with that myself.

I am aware of the dangers of relying on online media algorithms.

I am sure more knowledgeable posters than me may be able to pick holes in this guys argument but I'll leave a link all the same.

But there are dangers of relying on polls and media companies also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

I am, however, surprised at the relative amount of public support I'm seeing for Trump vs Biden. I'm used to seeing bumper stickers for both parties. Now, if you look at my facebook feed, it's more Biden, but on the street, on flags, billboards or bumpers, he's not to be seen. Which I find odd as I don't know if it's truly support for Trump, or support against Biden which I -am- seeing.

I live in a traditional Republican area, I am seeings trump signs everywhere obviously. However, there is a distinct lack of Biden/Harris signs here. Normally you will see a few, to date I have seen none.

As I go into the city the BH signs pick up in number but are WAYYYyyyyy outnumbered by Trump (City is completely dem)... so it’s a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

In New Hampshire, visible support is by and large in favour of Trump/Pence.
    The polls suggest Biden has a 6 point lead.

Fingers crossed that the silent majority aren't big in to flag waving.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

In New Hampshire, visible support is by and large in favour of Trump/Pence.
    The polls suggest Biden has a 6 point lead.

Fingers crossed that the silent majority aren't big in to flag waving.

Last silent majority outed clinton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,463 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The other aspect is that most spending has moved online and onto TV advertising, the poster printing has scaled down significantly across most countries in the past few years, a lot of the Trump posters will have been recycled from 4 years ago.

It also seems that GOP supporters, at the moment, are more likely to congregate in the face of medical advice, whereas DNC supporters are keeping their distances, if we were to go by crowds, then Ireland is heading for a Gemma O'D and John Waters 1-2, Taoiseach and Tanaiste.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

ELM327 wrote: »
    Last silent majority outed clinton.

Except it was a minority.

hirondelle wrote: »
    Except it was a minority.
    Are you familiar with how american representative democracy works?
    It's not a popularity contest, it's a popularity within each state contest.
    Hilary won a couple of liberal strongholds but Trump won more EC votes in the heartland states

astrofool wrote: »
    The other aspect is that most spending has moved online and onto TV advertising, the poster printing has scaled down significantly across most countries in the past few years, a lot of the Trump posters will have been recycled from 4 years ago.

It also seems that GOP supporters, at the moment, are more likely to congregate in the face of medical advice, whereas DNC supporters are keeping their distances, if we were to go by crowds, then Ireland is heading for a Gemma O'D and John Waters 1-2, Taoiseach and Tanaiste.

A few hundred nutjobs protesting in Ireland is not related to the US.
    Please don't conflate the idiots here like waters and gemma with either side in the US as there is little to no relation.

Are you familiar with how american representative democracy works?
    It's not a popularity contest, it's a popularity within each state contest.
    Hilary won a couple of liberal strongholds but Trump won more EC votes in the heartland states

Yes I am, hence me correcting you on your use of the term "silent majority" as it would not be logical to refer to the ECs as being a silent majority. For the record, I despise Clinton and I'm not rerunning the last election. Just don't pretend Trump won the popular vote.

Yes I am, hence me correcting you on your use of the term "silent majority" as it would not be logical to refer to the ECs as being a silent majority. For the record, I despise Clinton and I'm not rerunning the last election. Just don't pretend Trump won the popular vote.
    No one cares about the popular vote. It's irrelevant.
    Same as in the recent irish election, despite the shinnerbots claims to the contrary, they did not "win" the election based on number of #1 votes. It's an interesting metric or kpi but it's not relevant to the outcome.

The silent majority in US terms refers to the silent majority under the electing system in place, the electoral college.

No one cares about the popular vote. It's irrelevant.
    Same as in the recent irish election, despite the shinnerbots claims to the contrary, they did not "win" the election based on number of #1 votes. It's an interesting metric or kpi but it's not relevant to the outcome.

The silent majority in US terms refers to the silent majority under the electing system in place, the electoral college.

The context of you using the phrase "silent majority" was in relation to people flagwaving (or not) as raised by Tell Me how- it clearly wasn't about the mechanics of the EC. I'm not disputing that the popular vote is the relevant issue, just how you responded to their point.

Anyhow, on the subject of the thread, I fear that Ginsberg dying is going to be good for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Anyhow, on the subject of the thread, I fear that Ginsberg dying is going to be good for Trump.

I think it will, his base are more motivated and even Reaganite Republicans who are him as rolling back international free trade and driving up labour costs will return to fold on this issue whereas they would have slipped over to the Senator for MBNA.

Do enough Democrat outside of the base care?

African Americans are the most conservative demographic in America by some distance. Lot of Hispanics as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Normally some of the more astute Biden zealots would be able to counter with a list of links showing swelling Biden crowds.

Perhaps they don't exist or they are just staying home

He shouldn't be encouraging such gatherings.

I would say that big reason for the lack of crowds is the excitement level.

With Biden, you get a boring and steady old white guy. That's just not that exciting.

With Trump, you get all sorts of excitement. It's great for TV, less so for running things in the real world but people like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He shouldn't be encouraging such gatherings.

I would say that big reason for the lack of crowds is the excitement level.

With Biden, you get a boring and steady old white guy. That's just not that exciting.

With Trump, you get all sorts of excitement. It's great for TV, less so for running things in the real world but people like that.

From the look of things when they are being interviewed the average Trump supporter needs to be stimulated with loud noises and lots of colour.

• Advertisement

From the look of things when they are being interviewed the average Trump supporter needs to be stimulated with loud noises and lots of colour.

So the average Trump supporter is stupid...is that what you think?

So the average Trump supporter is stupid...is that what you think?

Thats what you have said, not what I have said.

Thats what you have said, not what I have said.

So what do you mean when you say the average Trump supporter needs loud noises and lots of colour then?

So what do you mean when you say the average Trump supporter needs loud noises and lots of colour then?

I meant what I said

the average Trump supporter needs to be stimulated with loud noises and lots of colour.

I meant what I said

the average Trump supporter needs to be stimulated with loud noises and lots of colour.

Why would the average Trump supporter need to be stimulated with loud noises and lots of colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Why would the average Trump supporter need to be stimulated with loud noises and lots of colour?

Who knows. But seemingly they do. Well the ones at rallies anyway. Why in God's name you would go to a rally in a pandemic is another thing.

ollkiller wrote: »
    Who knows. But seemingly they do. Well the ones at rallies anyway. Why in God's name you would go to a rally in a pandemic is another thing.

I believe they are peaceful protests...there has been a lot of those recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

You'd have to be a bit stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ranto_boy

Why in God's name you would go to a rally in a pandemic is another thing.

Well the precedent of it being fine for thousands of people to mingle for political purposes was set months and months ago. It's even enshrined in certain state's laws. And we saw it in action with the people gathering at the Supreme Court a few days ago.

• Advertisement

Are Trumps rallies different to any other politicians rallies...I remember seeing Obama and Clinton rallies...all looked the same as Trumps really.

Isn't that how you create energy at a rally, why would Trump supporters be any different to Obama supporters?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement