Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

lol. It's like the lies about Trump colluding with the Kremlin to steal the election away from Hillary Clinton never happened.

I don't know how she keeps a straight face.. the same woman stole her nomination from another candidate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,217 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Has boards been hacked?, it’s hard to believe that Trump has 70% support here
    I think you are mistaking 70 percent support for what people think might be the outcome.
    I am the opposite of a trump supporter but I still have a sneaky suspicion he may sneak out a win against the odds and polls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Has boards been hacked?, it’s hard to believe that Trump has 70% support here

OMG the far-right have infiltrated a place once known for safe discussion, what ever will the mods do [hint hint] This is just ridiculous. It's now just a platform for racists. It's gone to the dogs.............

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Rachel2020 wrote: »
    Kamala Harris was the best Democrat at the Brett Kavanaugh trial.
    Had a lot of respect for her.
    But then u see her shameful record.
    A power hungry ***

And you were only 2 posts in. Saying Hi before the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

gmisk wrote: »
    I think you are mistaking 70 percent support for what people think might be the outcome.
    I am the opposite of a trump supporter but I still have a sneaky suspicion he may sneak out a win against the odds and polls

Quite so.

• Advertisement

If our own government suggested mail in voting they'd be laughed at, there isn't a hope in hell we'd accept it....this is as transparent as trying to get Washington DC Statehood.

Mail in voting in the states (as already pointed out) has been in existence for decades. Your allusion to voter fraud that would in any way affect an election in America is an illusion. It dosent exist. As decades of mail on voting has already proved.

I take it that nobody is gonna provide proof of large scale voter fraud and instead go off on weird rants?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I take it that nobody is gonna provide proof of large scale voter fraud and instead go off on weird rants?

yeah, the democrat supporters really should learn to just accept the outcome of 2016 and not keep doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Rachel2020 wrote: »
    Kamala Harris was the best Democrat at the Brett Kavanaugh trial.
    Had a lot of respect for her.
    But then u see her shameful record.
    A power hungry ***
    She is power hungry. Did you see when she recently referred to their campaign as the Harris-Biden ticket? Giving herself first billing. I think she was clearly letting the far left (by US standards) that Biden wouldn't be around for very long and she'll be the one in control from day one.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Can you show me the science that suggests casting a vote is dangerous. Thanks.

The biggest advice given by literally every health expert is not to congregate in crowds and social distancing. What happens at a voting centre. Crowds. With not enough social distancing. Sure look at the videos of early voting where there's big crowds (in some part due to illusaionary fear of mail in voting) and not enough social distancing and not everyone wearing masks.

I have to ask. Did any of this occur to you when you asked this question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

OMG the far-right have infiltrated a place once known for safe discussion, what ever will the mods do [hint hint] This is just ridiculous. It's now just a platform for racists. It's gone to the dogs.............

Definitely a place for misinformation....considering the amount of edited videos posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Somehow I don't believe you would accept anything as proof.

Democratic members of the House passed a bill that would mandate “ballot harvesting” be allowed nationwide. This would allow paid activists go through neighborhoods and collect absentee votes.

Hmmm... Jim Smith is a registered Republican... lets not stop there. Ms Doe (registered Democrat), you haven't filled out your ballot yet? It has to be done right now... Here let me help you, better yet, since you're a democrat just sign it and I'll fill in the best candidates for you. This is the way it works with ballot harvesting, folks.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/beware-the-fall-ballot-harvest-11592607662

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

yeah, the democrat supporters really should learn to just accept the outcome of 2016 and not keep doing that.

It was Trump who opened the investigation into voter fraud fyi, the Mueller investigation was not related to electoral fraud. But let's not divert from the question. Posters are claiming there'll be large scale electoral fraud via the postal vote, surely they can show some credible evidence that it will occur. The FEC say it's nonsense and there's never been large scale electoral fraud.
    https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/494189-lets-put-the-vote-by-mail-fraud-myth-to-rest

So instead of snipes, you guys are pushing a claim of electoral fraud but don't seem to be able to back it up.
    notobtuse wrote: »

Democratic members of the House passed a bill that would mandate “ballot harvesting” be allowed nationwide. This would allow paid activists go through neighborhoods and collect absentee votes.

Hmmm... Jim Smith is a registered Republican... lets not stop there. Ms Doe (registered Democrat), you haven't filled out your ballot yet? It has to be done right now... Here let me help you, better yet, since you're a democrat just sign it and I'll fill in the best candidates for you. This is the way it works with ballot harvesting, folks.

The Republicans do the same thing so you must be concerned about the GOP modifying a load of ballots.... It's also not new so once again, I'll ask for evidence of large scale fraud. Also you are claiming the voter fraud is gonna occur in the postal vote.... Ballot harvesting is not postal.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ballot-harvesting-collection-absentee-voting-explained-rules/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »

Mail in voting is fine when it suits Trump

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/08/19/republicans-mail-in-voting-trump-398774

In Iowa, the Republican Party mailed absentee ballot applications to voters without waiting for requests. In Pennsylvania, the GOP’s website promotes voting by mail: "Vote Safe: By mail. From home.” And in Ohio, the Republican Party sent mailers with Trump’s photo saying “Join President Trump and Vote by Absentee Ballot.”
    Vote by mail really works well here in Utah,” said Justin Lee, director of elections in Utah, where the Republican administration sends ballots to every voter in the state. “We do feel it’s safe and secure. We don’t feel there are any real instances of either widespread fraud or voter disenfranchisement.

It was Trump who opened the investigation into voter fraud fyi, the Mueller investigation was not related to electoral fraud. But let's not divert from the question. Posters are claiming there'll be large scale electoral fraud via the postal vote, surely they can show some credible evidence that it will occur. The FEC say it's nonsense and there's never been large scale electoral fraud.
    https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/494189-lets-put-the-vote-by-mail-fraud-myth-to-rest

So instead of snipes, you guys are pushing a claim of electoral fraud but don't seem to be able to back it up.

fool me once...shame on you
    fool me twice...

lL4kHLv.png
    Trump did start the rigging conspiracy last time for the exact reason that when he won there would have to be egg on democrat faces who shouldn't have been able to scream 'fix' but still did.

he's doing the same thing again. You're sitting here defending the postal vote, when he wins again I don't want a peep out of you about rigged elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

gmisk wrote: »

Eh you do realise you dont have to support Trump to think he is going to win.

I think he is awful human being and thought he was going to lose until a few months ago but the BLM thing has all but assured his victory.

The overwhelming majority of voters veer to the centre and are older.

BLM with its fascist leanings and riots is so extreme in one direction that it means any canditate who does not oppose it has not got a chance.

fool me once...shame on you
    fool me twice...

Trump did start the rigging conspiracy last time for the exact reason that when he won there would have to be egg on democrat faces who shouldn't have been able to scream 'fix' but still did.

he's doing the same thing again. You're sitting here defending the postal vote, when he wins again I don't want a peep out of you about rigged elections.

So you're not a believer of postal voter fraud? Good to know.

So you're not a believer of postal voter fraud? Good to know.

x240
    this is me and you now for the rest of the election, neither of us are allowed to scream voter fraud if our opponent wins, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Weird how some posters on here seem to believe that mail-in absentee voting was invented by the Democrats a couple of months ago. The fact mail-in voting has been in place in the US for decades to the point that some States conduct all mail-in elections seems to be lost on some.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Weird how some posters on here seem to believe that mail-in absentee voting was invented by the Democrats a couple of months ago. The fact mail-in voting has been in place in the US for decades to the point that some States conduct all mail-in elections seems to be lost on some.

Hang on now...no one has a problem with absentee voting, we are all aware of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,217 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Eh you do realise you dont have to support Trump to think he is going to win.
    That is exactly what I said....maybe try reading it again...I don't support trump...but I think he will win....

Hang on now...no one has a problem with absentee voting, we are all aware of that.

So what's your problem?

Voters can still do in person voting of they wish. I don't see a disaster here. In the New Jersey example votes with signatures that didn't match the records were discarded as well as improperly bundled votes. Looks like it worked as expected. So again what's the problem?

Voters can still do in person voting of they wish. I don't see a disaster here. In the New Jersey example votes with signatures that didn't match the records were discarded as well as improperly bundled voters. Looks like our world as expected. So again what's the problem?

You don't see a problem with what happened in Paterson New Jersey? A small regional town.

You don't see a problem with what happened in Paterson New Jersey? A small regional town.

If there is a problem then why are the Republicans endorsing mail in voting?

If they counted the votes with invalid signatures I'm sure you'd be screaming from the rooftops.

Why would it? If anything it shows how effective the system is and difficult it is to commit fraud even on a small scale. And you think a national campaign of voter fraud is remotely doable?

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/885074932/n-j-election-fraud-case-draws-a-trump-tweet-but-suggests-safeguards-are-working

• Advertisement

If they counted the votes with invalid signatures I'm sure you'd be screaming from the rooftops.

Unlike yourself I don't scream from rooftops.

It almost sounds like Harris/Biden is afraid the voters won't turn out for her and is using the easiest voting system to manipulate...it wouldn't surprise me if they had an army of lawyers lined up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement