Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast Republic on 2fm thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

What a pleasure it's been this week without Bernard and Jennifer. It sounded like an actual radio show rather than a collection of drunks trying to tie their shoelaces together.

And I thought I would never use these words together in a sentence but....

Lottie Ryan wasn't bad.

I think she had it toned down for Keith who I am really warming to.

Pity the other two couldn't bugger off for the duration!!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

I switch stations the minute I hear Lottie Ryan, can't stand listening to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

What a pleasure it's been this week without Bernard and Jennifer. It sounded like an actual radio show rather than a collection of drunks trying to tie their shoelaces together.

And I thought I would never use these words together in a sentence but....

Lottie Ryan wasn't bad.

I think she had it toned down for Keith who I am really warming to.

Pity the other two couldn't bugger off for the duration!!

Completely agree. A lot lot better this week and last week, although they do shoehorn in some older pre-recorded bits with Bernard and Jenn, which i feel is a tad unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I've stopped listening altogether now, I'd rather listen to Keith on his own than with a poor wannabe presenter. It's been really poor this last week.
    I've switched to Today FM for early morning and Nova for later morning listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

I recently purchased a fancy radio alarm clock (very cutting edge of me..!) and fairly erroneously set it to 2FM to wake me up.

After a week of listening to Breakfast Republic while dragging myself out of bed I'm just about ready to throw the radio out the window. It's absolutely horrendous stuff. Jen's delivery (which is basically shouting) is so irritating and the two guys just seem to chip in with the sort of "naughty" innuendos (in your end o lol!!!!) an 8 year old would come out with. The final straw was an "interview" they did with an Irish pub owner in Guam, I've rarely been so embarrassed by an association with this country. The pub owner did well to keep his cool give relatively sensible answers to the stupid, unfunny comments that were literally being shouted at and over him.

Anyway, rant over. Need to find another breakshow to wake up to...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Didn't think the show could get worse Lottie Ryan was filling in for Simone this morning. Zero talent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

not that i listen.. but from flicking through the dial..does the keith guy wear dentures? certainly sounds like he does

not that i listen.. but from flicking through the dial..does the keith guy wear dentures? certainly sounds like he does

Don't know if he has dentures, fair play to your hearing if that is the case!

I do know the show is listenable to since he is off.
    Bernard, Jennifer and Lottie, it's like a bad episode of Bosco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Soundgarden, Supergrass on a Tuesday morning... thanks BR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Soundgarden, Supergrass on a Tuesday morning... thanks BR!

How's Eoghan McDermotts contract countdown going?

Any more rumours/sightings of Laura Whitmore?

You know who'd be a great fit in BR? Dara Quilty!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Not minding the show these days, maybe it's due to Jennifer being away on maternity leave.

One thing does bug me - why is the sports news not read out by the newsteam?
    For instance we had this morning, Keith in the bulletin said - "few results from the premier league, Swansea 3 arsenal 1, Huddersfield 0 Liverpool 3, and there was another game... Ehm..." and then changed topic. That was it for sports news.

Switched over to 2FM this morning in the car and was assulted by Jennifer Zampadoodoo whining on about something. Straight off again.

I actually can't believe it's still on the air!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Has Lotty got Keith's job now?

Also...she seems a bit catty with Jen? Not that I have a problem with that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭prunudo

First post was posted nearly 5 years ago, never thought it would last this long. Just shows what I know about radio :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭its_steve116

jvan wrote: »
    First post was posted nearly 5 years ago, never thought it would last this long. Just shows what I know about radio :pac:

Yeah I think it ties with Ronan Collins as Radio 2/2FM's longest running brekkie show. Second and third only to Ian Dempsey who presented the show on two separate occasions before RTÉ foolishly let him go in 1998.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

Has Lotty got Keith's job now?

Also...she seems a bit catty with Jen? Not that I have a problem with that :pac:

I texted in and said put Keith back as lead presenter it absolutely does not work with Lottie leading it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

patrickc wrote: »
    I texted in and said put Keith back as lead presenter it absolutely does not work with Lottie leading it.

Bit of a strange move isn't it? Is Bernard gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

Bit of a strange move isn't it? Is Bernard gone?

Just on paternity leave they said

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

The whole breakfast republic set up is an odd one. Why have Lottie on until 7 and then change lead presenter? At least before they called it early breakfast. I for one can't stand her. She just seems to try and go louder than everyone else and keep talking. No real presenting ability. No way strong enough to be lead on Breakfast. People made jokes about this happening but christ I don't think anybody thought rte would actually follow through with it.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    The whole breakfast republic set up is an odd one. Why have Lottie on until 7 and then change lead presenter? At least before they called it early breakfast. I for one can't stand her. She just seems to try and go louder than everyone else and keep talking. No real presenting ability. No way strong enough to be lead on Breakfast. People made jokes about this happening but christ I don't think anybody thought rte would actually follow through with it.

it's a car crash.

• Advertisement

Anyone know how much she made from rte in the last earning report thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anyone know how much she made from rte in the last earning report thingy?

They only declare the top 10, but as I've posited in other threads on this matter I'd bet there's a very large cohort of them tied for No. 11.

She probably has her own company that are paid fees too like many of the :"stars" of RTÉ, on which she pays corporation tax after all allowable expenses -
    a nice tax avoidance scheme facilitated by RTÉ. But sure it's only taxpayers money....

They only declare the top 10, but as I've posited in other threads on this matter I'd bet there's a very large cohort of them tied for No. 11.

She probably has her own company that are paid fees too like many of the :"stars" of RTÉ, on which she pays corporation tax after all allowable expenses -
    a nice tax avoidance scheme facilitated by RTÉ. But sure it's only taxpayers money....

This makes me mad and sad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I have never tuned into this radio show.
    It sounds terrible and confusing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭griffin100

I stopped on 2FM this morning and got to hear a couple of minutes ‘comedy’ about the size of Jennifer Lawrence’s ring and how big a ring or indeed how many rings / hoops the female presenters on the show had. Jesus Christ it was breathtakingly awful. Does anyone find these amoebas funny?

griffin100 wrote: »
    I stopped on 2FM this morning and got to hear a couple of minutes ‘comedy’ about the size of Jennifer Lawrence’s ring and how big a ring or indeed how many rings / hoops the female presenters on the show had. Jesus Christ it was breathtakingly awful. Does anyone find these amoebas funny?

There was a period when Jennifer Zampadoodil and Bernard weren't on where it was tolerable.

But it has now returned to the car crash it was previously. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone thinks either of them have any talent apart from an ability to shout a lot and make somewhat risque comments when lets be honest lots of people are listening to the show with their kids in the car on route to school.

She is particularly annoying to be honest. A voice like a blackboard getting scratched...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I clicked over to it for a couple of minutes this morning and Shouty McShouty Face (Lottie) was lead presenter again. It sounds like 2fm have lost the plot all together. I can see Keith leaving very soon. He's hardly going to stick around being a sidekick to her and the other buffoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭prunudo

Did she mention the prize was worth a thousand bleedin yoyo's

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

I always thought Bernard was trying to sound stupid and thick, didn’t realise that he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Howard100

I clicked over to it for a couple of minutes this morning and Shouty McShouty Face (Lottie) was lead presenter again. It sounds like 2fm have lost the plot all together. I can see Keith leaving very soon. He's hardly going to stick around being a sidekick to her and the other buffoons.

Ian Dempsey has gone up
    This is part of the reason.

Dan Healy, this is your life.

Advertisement