Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU draft directive to be presented on wed 19th Dec

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Some better news on EU draft, but unsubstantiated (as all of it is really)
    http://ukvapers.org/Thread-EU-poised-to-ban-e-cigarettes-according-to-leaked-document?page=8
    It's the very first post.
    Where's my eVic Santa ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The first post is from September. Do you mean this?

Stupid politicians.

grindle wrote: »
    The first post is from September. Do you mean this?

Stupid politicians.
    The first post on page 8 smartarse :p

If there is three year consultation on ecigs before legislating (bif if), it will be impossible for them to touch it by then as the vaping numbers will be so high by 2016.
    But it could be a load of tosh no mention of who it was that sent the ray of hope.

Ah. I have no page 8. Mine goes up to page 2. Hate short pages.

Hopefully it takes off the way we all hope and imagine. Battery tech should be pretty good in a few years too. The American government has set up a project hoping to make batteries last five times longer and/or become five times cheaper.
    I'm down with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

The more I look at this the more confusing it is, if theirs to be 3 years consultation before legislating, why have a directive now? Unless it 3 years to implement legislation in member states in line with the directive. Remember an EU directive is binding on members.
    Also looking at the reported figures, they make no sense 2% is 2 mg or is it? 2mg is actually 2 parts in 1000, sooooo?
    If the % are right then the plasma level is so far wrong it's hard to believe.
    I think someone is either misinformed as to what the directive contains or is guessing.
    We will know once it's published but of core by then it's too late to do anything but comply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

it it comes to pass that vendors arent allowed sell juice containing more then the set amount of nic then i reckon they should give the higher nic juice away for a small donation ;)

Am waiting to read it tomorrow when its published though

it it comes to pass that vendors arent allowed sell juice containing more then the set amount of nic then i reckon they should give the higher nic juice away for a small donation ;)
    Couldn't agree more DB, it will only go to waste anyway :)

tommy2bad wrote: »
    2% is 2 mg or is it? 2mg is actually 2 parts in 1000, sooooo?
    Whoo Hooh 20mg so, that will do me nicely ;)

kiffy wrote: »
    Whoo Hooh 20mg so, that will do me nicely ;)

Exactly so the plasma level quoted should be in nanograms, otherwise it's well above a fatal dose. Also the mention equivalence to existing products, i.e. patches and gum so again it should be 25, 15 and 10.
    I think the blog this leak was taken from is a bit alarmist and be stressing a worst case scenario.
    We know that nicorette would like to be allowed sell NRT as an ongoing solution and not a time limited treatment. This directive may be part of that strategy as in they hope to level the playing field for all nicotine containing products by linking them to the NRT levels.
    But that could be just me caught up in the spirit of the season and thinking the best of my fellow man. I may seek therapy if this continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

I did say that already but got flamed for it, probably as Im a newbie which is fair enough

• Advertisement

Vaperus wrote: »
    I did say that already but got flamed for it, probably as Im a newbie which is fair enough

Think you were just misunderstood mate tbh.
    Any excuse for this:D

Yeah granted thats a fair enough excuse for that

Think I'll stop beating myself up about the impending EU declaration and just wait until they make it public. Trying to guess what they intend is doing my nut in :confused:
    But got 500ml of 50mg nicotine in my with list on one of the Irish sites just waiting to for "add to cart" ;) button to be pressed. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Think I'll stop beating myself up about the impending EU declaration and just wait until they make it public. Trying to guess what they intend is doing my nut in :confused:
    But got 500ml of 50mg nicotine in my with list on one of the Irish sites just waiting to for "add to cart" ;) button to be pressed. :eek:

good thinking,where would one seek this nicotine?

Here or here.

The first has cheaper base w/o nic, the second has cheaper nic, but postage might swing either one way or t'other.

The first has cheaper base w/o nic, the second has cheaper nic, but postage might swing either one way or t'other.[/QUOTE]
    Bought a couple of 5ml bottles of white label juice at 6mg, to try and see what very low nic will? Be like, so chose 2 with mint in them for hopefully a bit of hit.

First one to try is Maeve and very surprised at the hit for a 6mg juice better than anything I've tried at 18mg, and great vapour off it too. So maybe 4mg wont be so bad with it if we have to go down that road :)

Going to try the Bláthnat after the Maeve 5ml is gone, on sniffing them they both smell the same to me.

Though it wont taste as good as my Mom & Pops favourite juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Actually, I think Blathnad is far nicer than Maeve but probably not an all day vape.

Actually, I think Blathnad is far nicer than Maeve but probably not an all day vape.

I'm just looking for a juice that hits the spot throat wise at a low nic content if one excited thats why I have gone for minty juice.
    Probably be tomorrow before I get round to the Blathnad, but really impressed with the throat hit off the Maeve considering it's only 6mg strength more like a 24mg TBH, christ the 18mg must really knock yur socks off (vaping it at 4.6v and 2.7 ohms) that's 8 watts ;)

I found both to be an all day vape!

I found both to be an all day vape!
    Does Viktors mix up the juice himself or do they come already mixed at the 3 strengths? also pity they don't come in larger bottles than 10ml.

• Advertisement

Started vaping some 11mg Jack the Ripple tonight. After a week of constant Guevara Reserve/super-steeped Virginia Prime, was not impressed.
    To the point where I thought "tastes nices, TH sucks balls though. UNVAPABLE!".

Threw 3ml of 50mg nic in (juice now @ ~22.5mg): stunning vape.

I really need that scratchy shít for some reason, other wise I'm sucking like a [answers on a postcard please].

Does Viktors mix up the juice himself or do they come already mixed at the 3 strengths? also pity they don't come in larger bottles than 10ml.

Havent a notion, i think he mixes himself because there is a slight difference since they were taken over from irishvapers.

other wise I'm sucking like a [answers on a postcard please].
    henry-hoover-vacuum.jpg

:P

Havent a notion, i think he mixes himself because there is a slight difference since they were taken over from irishvapers.
    Was chatting with him just a few mins ago as I cocked up my order, and he told me they come premixed from the factory.

Was chatting with him just a few mins ago as I cocked up my order, and he told me they come premixed from the factory.

hope they get 30ml bottles in soon.

hope they get 30ml bottles in soon.
    I also mentioned that to him ordered 5, 10ml of Maeve, bound to lose one :o

The directive is worse than we thought :eek:

The EU has followed the French line and put a 2mg/ml max level on non NRT.

And also will ban all flavoured liquids, so we might as well be vaping sweat from a Turkish wrestler’s jockstrap. No wait even that is banned as there is a flavour with it :(

Thats completely barking mad these people are complete Idiots.
    Time to stock up I think

Vaperus wrote: »
    Thats completely barking mad these people are complete Idiots.
    Time to stock up I think
    I was only joking, haven't heard a thing yet, other that BAT have bought out a ecig group, now that sounds great, how can they bring in low mg stuff if ciggy companies are going to spend big bucks. Answer is they plan to sell as NRT devices the same as the Pharma's products and so avoid the slaughtering NCP are going to get.
    So it could be back to the good old flashing red light at the end of a cigalike at €7 a pop :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

The directive is worse than we thought :eek:

The EU has followed the French line and put a 2mg/ml max level on non NRT.

And also will ban all flavoured liquids, so we might as well be vaping sweat from a Turkish wrestler’s jockstrap. No wait even that is banned as there is a flavour with it :(

Don't doubt you, but would like to see a link?

Advertisement