Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

CatFromHue wrote: »
    According to Wiki Crowe paid anywhere from 100,000 to 999,999.

And according to Joe Rogan it was 6mil

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

https://www.acast.com/blindboy/fallonsvolume

Blind Boys latest podcast. Skip to 15 minutes in. McGregor sent him a dm through Twitter. Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The lawyer decided he didn't want to represent him.

Doesn't appear that way:

l1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You see you're back tracking now as all along you had been suggesting that it was Ariel's fault as he had said Roddy's name after being asked who McGregor's 'kickboxing coach' was but that was never the case.

I never once said it was Ariels fault. :confused:
    You're just doing your usual making up nonsense gimmick, so I'm out out of this one.

Mellor wrote: »
    I never once said it was Ariels fault. :confused:

Nah, course you didn't:
    He got the names mixed up (after being led my Ariel).

If Ariel said "I think it was a different striker, not Roddy", then it would be a different story.
    Who mentioned Owen Roddy first? Ariel not Ali.

Look, it's pretty clear from the above comments that you feel it was Ariel's fault and poor Ali was just "led" by him.

For the last time though: when Ariel first mentioned Roddy's name he said: "NOT Owen Roddy" and it was in response to Ali asking him what the name of McGregor's "striking coach" was, not his 'kickboxing coach' as you had incorrectly claimed.
    You're just doing your usual making up nonsense gimmick, so I'm out out of this one.

And now you're resorting to ad hominem bollox.
    I'm out out of this one.

Good. In future don't say crap that isn't true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

For the last time though: when Ariel first mentioned Roddy's name he said: "NOT Owen Roddy" and it was in response to Ali asking him what the name of McGregor's "striking coach" was, not his 'kickboxing coach' as you had incorrectly claimed.

Owen Roddy and Cian Cowley have exactly the same title. They are kickboxers who work as striking coaches. Roddy's background is K1 style kickboxing and MMA, Cowley's is Muay Thai style kickboxing and MMA.

They're both striking coaches, kickboxing coaches, mma coaches... Your fixation on completely unimportant details is weird af.
    It's like arguing some is wrong because they said three thousand five hundred instead of thirty five hundred.

Like you know a kickboxing coach and a striking coach are literally the same thing in MMA, yeah?

McGregor's new lawyer (Bruce Maffeo) is the laywer that represented The Game's manager a few years back that was accused of ordering the murder of a member of 50 Cent's G-Unit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/08/nyregion/judge-declares-mistrial-in-hip-hop-managers-trial.html

Nah, course you didn't:

Look, it's pretty clear from the above comments that you feel it was Ariel's fault and poor Ali was just "led" by him.

Maybe try and read the what the posts said. I clearly siad in my first or second post that I wasn't blaming Ariel
    Not sure how you can blame Ariel for this chap not listening.
    :confused:

I was blaming Conor and Crowley for throwing heavy objects through bus windows. Instead of blaming Ali for not knowing who a random ammy fighter from Ireland is.
    I was pointing out that the person who brought Roddy's name in to the conversation (and into Ali's head) was Ariel. That is an undeniable fact. This is really simple stuff.

Jumping for there to blaming Ariel is entirely your own fabrication.
    Ariel was clearly refuting it on the show, and in a tweet after the show. Which I posted.
    Good. In future don't say crap that isn't true.
    :pac:

They're both striking coaches, kickboxing coaches, mma coaches... Your fixation on completely unimportant details is weird af.

Look, it's sweet you're sticking up for your mate and all, but it was Mellor that made that point first (the one which you're now referring to as a "completely unimportant detail") when he tried to suggest that Ariel had made a mistake by mentioning Roddy to begin with as he should have said Cowley given that he was asked who the 'kickboxing coach' was.

Here you go:
    That's not really how the conversation went.

Ali said "Conor kickboxing coach"... he was referring to Cian Crowley. He didn't know his name, and Ariel mentioned Roddy first.

So, if you feel this is an 'unimportant detail' - tell Mellor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

rob316 wrote: »

Blind Boys latest podcast. Skip to 15 minutes in. McGregor sent him a dm through Twitter. Crazy

Conor' I dont want to see you throw things through busses!!

Fair nuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

rob316 wrote: »

Surely he's bullsh!tting?

That's mental if it's true.

(the one which you're now referring to as a "completely unimportant detail")
    The unimportant details was the fact you were banging on about striking vrs kickboxing.
    when he tried to suggest that Ariel had made a mistake by mentioning Roddy to begin with as he should have said Cowley given that he was asked who the 'kickboxing coach' was.
    When Ali said 'kickboxing coach/striking coach, what's his name?"
    The name he was looking for was Cian Crowley. How do you not understand that? Cian Crowley was there and has been charged.

Ariel said "Not Owen Roddy" and Ali in error latched on to the name. I never said Ariel made mistake. Something else you've just made up.
    I said if he said Crowley instead, Ali would have latched on to that.

The name he was looking for was Cian Crowley. How do you not understand that? Cian Crowley was there and has been charged.

If he was looking for Cowley's name, then why would he not just say: "The guy that was just arrested with Conor". Wouldn't that be the logical thing to say? But he didn't, as he wasn't talking about Cowley. He was talking about Owen Roddy.
    I said if he said Crowley instead, Ali would have latched on to that.

How the hell would you know that he would have latched on to Cowley's name the same way? You can see by Ali's reaction to hearing the name 'Owen Roddy' that it was exactly the name he was thinking of. It would make no sense for him to see Cowley and think 'There's McGregor's striking coach'. Who the hell sees Cowley and thinks that. I'm from Dublin and I don't even associate that muppet with being a coach to McGregor but you're trying to tell us Ali Abdel Aziz does?? Would ya come ta fcuk.

Most likely Ali seen one of the darker haired lads and presumed that was Owen Roddy and he wouldn't be alone as loads on social media were doing similar that day and since. In fact some have even defended Ali by making that very point:

https://twitter.com/HarryYarnell1/status/983694178965221376

https://twitter.com/blancopicoso/status/983736369443848198

https://twitter.com/brendan5511/status/984134723319590929

https://twitter.com/h_ron1/status/983457734829006849

So that's most likely why Ali felt Roddy was there also.

Maybe next time though, when Ariel tells him something, he'll listen to him. Doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Surely he's bullsh!tting?

That's mental if it's true.

I liked the "remember your place your a man who wears a bag on your head, don't get left in one".

Jesus Blindboy talks amount of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Jesus Blindboy talks amount of ****e.

Painful to listen to.

Painful to listen to.
    I usually do my best to avoid him but had to see what this rubbish was. The best bit is how no-one can get to the top if they're a thug when ya consider his "Argh bankers politicians!" schtick.
    The whole "OMG it's McGregor talking to me! Why would he care about me??". Pathetic tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I usually do my best to avoid him but had to see what this rubbish was. The best bit is how no-one can get to the top if they're a thug when ya consider his "Argh bankers politicians!" schtick.
    The whole "OMG it's McGregor talking to me! Why would he care about me??". Pathetic tbh.

My favourite was when he said the internet was not for pontificating on, isn't that all the Rubberbono's do now that the music career has stalled??

Edit: Sorry, just realised this is the MMA forum and this is totally off topic. Won't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

If he was looking for Cowley's name, then why would he not just say: "The guy that was just arrested with Conor". Wouldn't that be the logical thing to say? But he didn't, as he wasn't talking about Cowley. He was talking about Owen Roddy.

How the hell would you know that he would have latched on to Cowley's name the same way? You can see by Ali's reaction to hearing the name 'Owen Roddy' that it was exactly the name he was thinking of. It would make no sense for him to see Cowley and think 'There's McGregor's striking coach'. Who the hell sees Cowley and thinks that. I'm from Dublin and I don't even associate that muppet with being a coach to McGregor but you're trying to tell us Ali Abdel Aziz does?? Would ya come ta fcuk.

Most likely Ali seen one of the darker haired lads and presumed that was Owen Roddy and he wouldn't be alone as loads on social media were doing similar that day and since. In fact some have even defended Ali by making that very point:

https://twitter.com/HarryYarnell1/status/983694178965221376

https://twitter.com/blancopicoso/status/983736369443848198

https://twitter.com/brendan5511/status/984134723319590929

https://twitter.com/h_ron1/status/983457734829006849

So that's most likely why Ali felt Roddy was there also.

Maybe next time though, when Ariel tells him something, he'll listen to him. Doubt it though.

If he had done a quick check on social media he would have seen Roddy was not in NY, simple due diligence

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Tony was right its in the DNA going by the latest McGregor (its not Conor ) out burst doing the round on wats ap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Tony was right its in the DNA going by the latest McGregor (its not Conor ) out burst doing the round on wats ap :)

Go on... or PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Jaysus two pedantic Pats arguing over the Ariel/Ali Roddy reference is some buzz kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That rubber bandits thing was funny. He got scared cos he was talking shi*te and McGregor confronted him privately(albeit through twitter).

Go on... or PM

Go on... or PM
    No doubt it'll do the rounds its just silly supposedly some kind of argument over a dog groomers with supposedly one of his sisters where voice mails where recorded may be  fake,
    Nothing to do with Conor or MMA so I wouldn't be posting it or passing it on ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

No doubt it'll do the rounds its just silly supposedly some kind of argument over a dog groomers with supposedly one of his sisters where voice mails where recorded may be  fake,

So why bother bringing it up at all then??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

If I were you I'd rethink using that as evidence of not being afraid of fighting someone.

That's ok, I wasn't taking it as evidence.

John_D80 wrote: »

So why bother bringing it up at all then??

I'm sure people on hear had heard it , just thought was funny giving the comment's about being In the DNA after Conor melt down last week, Anyway as said it may be all fake and is silly, so no big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

thebull85 wrote: »
    Poor snowflake offended over someone making fun of his make believe sky god. Very touchy.

You're getting mixed up there. Muhammad was real and did exist.
    Muhammad isn't a god, he was a prophet.
    Allah is Khabib's god. Same dude who is the Catholic's god.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Effects wrote: »
    Muhammad was real and did exist.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Not to turn this into a religious debate but theres not historical proof - even hard evidence - of him existing. Or Jesus for that matter.

Its all a load of bollocks.

It always amazes me how a lot of fighters are very religious.

• Advertisement

Jaysus two pedantic Pats arguing over the Ariel/Ali Roddy reference is some buzz kill.

Apologies Lar. I'll step aside and eagerly await your next stellar contribution.
    The floor is yours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement