Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Effects wrote: »
    . Sounds like Khabib was afraid of Conor.
    QUOTE]

Or maybe just maybe Khabib knows that scraping in a car park is beneath a pro fighter

He said he would meet him under a bridge :D:D I think your giving Khabib way too much credit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Mellor wrote: »
    Might want to clean out your own ears first.
    Who mentioned Owen Roddy first? Ariel not Ali.

On your way to buy those Q tips, perhaps stop off at an optician too, as I distinctly said that it was Ariel that mentioned his name first.
    Not sure why you're suggesting otherwise:
    It wasn't until Ali asked who McGregor's "striking coach" was that Roddy's name was then (naturally) brought into it but even then Ariel premised it with: "NOT Owen Roddy" and Ariel then proceeded to try and tell Ali (over and over again) that Owen was NOT the person he had seen throwing stuff at the bus but he wasn't having any of it.

Had he said "You mean Cian Crowley?".

Why would he say that in response to being asked who McGregor's "striking coach" was? You see you're back tracking now as all along you had been suggesting that it was Ariel's fault as he had said Roddy's name after being asked who McGregor's 'kickboxing coach' was but that was never the case. At least you're no longer saying that anyway. That's something at least.
    I'm just saying in the overall scheme of this incident his faux pas is significantly overshadowed by the guys smashing up a bus.

Who said it wasn't? This is laughable.

Why don't you go and reply to Ariel's tweet and tell him that in the overall scheme of this incident Ali's "faux pas" is significantly overshadowed by the guys smashing up a bus. Nobody is suggesting otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

That guy Ali Abdelaziz is a gobs***e. Giving it the big man on the bus in front of the cameras. If he got off the bus he would of got smoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

thebull85 wrote: »
    That guy Ali Abdelaziz is a gobs***e. Giving it the big man on the bus in front of the cameras. If he got off the bus he would of got smoked.

Ah yes. It was the people on the bus giving it the big man....

dulux99 wrote: »
    Ah yes. It was the people on the bus giving it the big man....

im not defending what the SBG crew did, im not a big fan of those guys.

But all this 'let me off the ****ing bus, ill kill him" repeated over and over again by Ali, he's a pus*y.

If he really wanted to get off the bus he would have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Or maybe just maybe Khabib knows that scraping in a car park is beneath a pro fighter

Is that why Khabib keeps saying he'll fight him anywhere just let him know the location and time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Pity there wasn't another way he could get off the bus with the doors locked, like through a window or something.....

Ali is an absolute ham, I'd have loved if he actually got off the bus and squared up to someone, he'd have been murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I love how lads are making a big deal over the fact that the guy who is not a highly trained mixed martial artist would get beaten in a fight by the highly trained (albeit completely ****ing ****e in the case of Ward) mixed martial artists. That's what's supposed to happen ffs. How very observant.

As for climbing out a window, yes, climbing out through windows with broken glass all around is always highly advisable.

I love how lads are making a big deal over the fact that the guy who is not a highly trained mixed martial artist would get beaten in a fight by the highly trained (albeit completely ****ing ****e in the case of Ward) mixed martial artists. That's what's supposed to happen ffs. How very observant.

As for climbing out a window, yes, climbing out through windows with broken glass all around is always highly advisable.

Well maybe the guy who as you say is not a highly trained mixed martial artist, shouldnt be saying he wants to get off the bus and 'kill' mcgregor. He knows himself hed get floored, thats why he stayed on the bus.

Hard man in front of the cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Man who makes living through bluster and posturing caught in blustering and posturing shocker. Stop the presses.

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    No one cares, get over it.

i disagree, quite clearly some people do care.

You get over it.

I was quite impressed with how Pat Barry handled the whole thing. Just remained cool and focused on making sure Rose was okay. I'd imagine it would have been a whole other story otherwise. I'd imagine there's quite a few people who will want to have a 'word' with him in private after what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I was quite impressed with how Pat Barry handled the whole thing. Just remained cool and focused on making sure Rose was okay. I'd imagine it would have been a whole other story otherwise. I'd imagine there's quite a few people who will want to have a 'word' with him in private after what he did.
    That'll be because Pat Barry actually has a brain.

Sure does and he actually insisted on walking to the hotel with Rose rather than get on that second bus that Khabib and co where on. Which we seen them getting off on Embedded. Pretty smart for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

How many Irish parents are listening to Ariel Helwani's YouTube news show?

I'd say he's more worried about when his next cup of coffee is arriving right now than he is about this non story.

I have to disagree if I'm honest. Things get reported and the parents I'm sure see stuff on Faceogram of wherever. In business all you have is your reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I have to disagree if I'm honest. Things get reported and the parents I'm sure see stuff on Faceogram of wherever. In business all you have is your reputation

Even the poster depicting the 6 guys who were barred from entering the arena was widely circulated on social media and Roddys picture was on that.

Maybe the one good thing that will come out of it all is that McGregor will finally have learned that he needs to stop turning up late :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

John_D80 wrote: »
    Even the poster depicting the 6 guys who were barred from entering the arena was widely circulated on social media and Roddys picture was on that.

So was John Kavanagh's and he was on a different continent when it all went off

• Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maybe the one good thing that will come out of it all is that McGregor will finally have learned that he needs to stop turning up late :p

giphy.webp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Effects wrote: »
    Yeah, chasing down Khabib in the stadium really shows how scared Conor is of him.

If I were you I'd rethink using that as evidence of not being afraid of fighting someone.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That'll be because Pat Barry actually has a brain.

Pat Barry is a mental case!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I see he has upgraded the legal team

• Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see he has upgraded the legal team

I wonder what the conflict was.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/984159252414681088?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

thebull85 wrote: »
    im not defending what the SBG crew did, im not a big fan of those guys.

But all this 'let me off the ****ing bus, ill kill him" repeated over and over again by Ali, he's a pus*y.

If he really wanted to get off the bus he would have.
    he was only doing that to impress Khabib who was beside him

all his clients seem to like him, he makes them feel like he really cares about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Zero-Cool wrote: »

The lawyer decided he didn't want to represent him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Wonder is the lawyer representing someone already that plans to sue conor? He cant defend him in criminal court then sue him in cival court? Or maybe ufc are sending in the big boys to get conor off. Heard on a podcast the russel crowe incident cost russel 6 million

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

In June 2005, Crowe was arrested and charged with Second-Degree Assault by New York City police after he threw a telephone at the concierge of the Mercer Hotel who refused to help him place a call when the system did not work from his room; he was charged with Fourth-Degree Criminal Possession of a Weapon (the telephone).[66] The concierge was treated for a facial laceration.[67] After his arrest, Crowe underwent a perp walk, a procedure customary in New York City, exposing the handcuffed suspect to the news media to take pictures. This procedure was under discussion as potentially violating Article 5 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Crowe later described the incident as "possibly the most shameful situation that I've ever gotten myself in..." .[68] Crowe pleaded guilty and was conditionally discharged. Before the trial, he settled a lawsuit filed by the concierge, Nestor Estrada.[69][70] Terms of the settlement were not disclosed, but amounts in the six-figure range have been reported

According to Wiki Crowe paid anywhere from 100,000 to 999,999.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement