Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protestors sitting on o connell bridge.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Should be quiet tomorrow evening. Celtic are playing in the Europa.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The fact that you always want beligerent protesters beaten up or worse makes you as bad as the people you are complaining about . Can't you envision a day when you might care about something enough to protest. I can imagine you beating people about the head while screaming maintain the status quo you bastards.

I have protested before and i will again, the difference is that i do it in a PEACEFUL manner, if i acted the way those scrotes do.i would expect to be hit with a baton or pepper sprayed. If you can't see that their behaviour is unacceptable then it's you who.has the issues not me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

I have protested before and i will again, the difference is that i do it in a PEACEFUL manner, if i acted the way those scrotes do.i would expect to be hit with a baton or pepper sprayed. If you can't see that their behaviour is unacceptable then it's you who.has the issues not me.

You seem obsessed with batons and pepper spray, I'm starting to suspect childhood trauma of some sort. My point was that your craving for a violent response makes you just as BAD.
    I do have an issue with internet revenge fantasists.
    What did you protest against? Was it "scrotes"?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

Phoebas wrote: »
    Gardai showing incredible restraint there.

I honestly would not be surprised if they were under strict instructions to show extreme restraint. The last thing an unpopular government needs is a spark that incites a frustrated population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

You seem obsessed with batons and pepper spray, I'm starting to suspect childhood trauma of some sort. My point was that your craving for a violent response makes you just as BAD.

Removing the means test for those wishing to vote, perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

moxin wrote: »
    Haha Timber, shall we go thru all their FB profiles? So can you answer why a Cork person living in Cork who has their own FB protest page would Like a Dublin FB page or a Donegal FB protest page?

Hint again, the pages are directed towards local residents. They ain't national like an Ireland says NO!

Could ask the same of a Cork man or following Manchester United or Liverpool when they have Cork City FC.

Hint people do what that want.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Disgusting from a thuggish police force. :mad:

the cops were standing around pushing people back from cars. that's all.
    the protesters are dumb fcuk troublemakers who have nothing better to do with their time than make trouble for gardai.

I've been to plenty of protests. I've never once seen anyone act like that. If that was a bouncer at a club the woman would have got a stomping on her head rather than being pushed back.

You can even clearly see that she was pushed back. There's no punch. There's no fist. Just some stupid woman screaming abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I have to laugh when accusations of misjudging the public mood are thrown at the Government.

These wannabe revolutionaries do nothing but undermine public support for their cause-de-jours.

I feel sorry for the people trying to get back home to their families after a hard day's work who were inconvenienced by these arseholes - but it's almost worth letting them protest in this manner - shows them up for the idiots they truly are.

An extremely happy childhood, Both parents, loving siblings, nice home and plenty of presents at christmas, No drug or drink problems in the family. Maybe that's why you dislike me so much, because i am not one of the downtrodden unwashed who you seem to want to protect so badly.

FWIW I am not "craving" a violent response but i am craving the guards being given a loose rein to deal with these so called protesters when THEY get violent. I see many claiming garda brutality yet even with all of the videos that the scrotes have uploaded no one has been able to point out garda brutality, There have been a few claims of "heavy handed" response but tbh not even seeing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Triboro

Everyone is entitled to protest...Half the country protested last saturday over water charges in a proper manner and got their message out there big time...Blocking traffic and disrupting ordinary peoples lives and maybe hindering emergency services transporting sick people etc is stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Triboro wrote: »
    Everyone is entitled to protest...Half the country protested last saturday over water charges in a proper manner and got their message out there big time....

A maximum of 150000 out of a population of over 4.58million is not half the country.

In fact it's about 3% of the population.

An extremely happy childhood, Both parents, loving siblings, nice home and plenty of presents at christmas, No drug or drink problems in the family. Maybe that's why you dislike me so much, because i am not one of the downtrodden unwashed who you seem to want to protect so badly.

FWIW I am not "craving" a violent response but i am craving the guards being given a loose rein to deal with these so called protesters when THEY get violent. I see many claiming garda brutality yet even with all of the videos that the scrotes have uploaded no one has been able to point out garda brutality, There have been a few claims of "heavy handed" response but tbh not even seeing that.

Are you sure there wasn't an over zealous shake of your rattle perhaps?
    I dislike your repetitive , incessant calls for violent response from the Guards. If people are misbehaving or acting in an unlawful manner it is self evident. It is your response that is harder to fathom.
    Might I suggest a letter to the Guards

Dear Guards ,
    Please when dealing with scotes could you beat them senseless with your batons. I am heartily sick of peaceful resolutions where everybody goes home. I am busy picking up my toys at the moment but would be glad to help in any way I can.
    Regards Mr Timbrrrrr Esq
    PS I have my own pepper spray. I say pepper spray but to be honest its just pepper. In a pepper pot.

Are you sure there wasn't an over zealous shake of your rattle perhaps?
    I dislike your repetitive , incessant calls for violent response from the Guards. If people are misbehaving or acting in an unlawful manner it is self evident. It is your response that is harder to fathom.
    Might I suggest a letter to the Guards

At what point are the guards allowed to defend themselves from these scum in your opinion? Should they just continue to stand there and be abused and jostled by these scumbags?
    Dear Guards ,
    Please when dealing with scotes could you beat them senseless with your batons. I am heartily sick of peaceful resolutions where everybody goes home. I am busy picking up my toys at the moment but would be glad to help in any way I can.
    Regards Mr Timbrrrrr Esq
    PS I have my own pepper spray. I say pepper spray but to be honest its just pepper. In a pepper pot.

Sarcasm

The lowest form of wit, Why am i not surprised.

At what point are the guards allowed to defend themselves from these scum in your opinion? Should they just continue to stand there and be abused and jostled by these scumbags?

Sarcasm

The lowest form of wit, Why am i not surprised.

You are really being obtuse now . I don't know how I can make my point clearer.

Sorry if it came across as sarcasm , I was aiming for ridicule.

You are really being obtuse now . I don't know how I can make my point clearer.

Well you succeeded because it was ridiculous. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

Is there a tragic irony to them shouting "assholes", "scum", "shame on you" and "yiz are a f*ckin' disgrace"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Everyone is entitled to protest...Half the country protested last saturday

Did I miss the black death, plague or ebola outbreak or something ?

A maximum of 150000 out of a population of over 4.58million is not half the country.

In fact it's about 3% of the population.

Just an expression,maths lesson appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Don't be sorry. One person says once that "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" and idiots quote it like it's a law of physics.

sarcasm is just as valid as any other form of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just an expression,maths lesson appreciated!!
    By saying "half the country" you seemed to want to show that may people supported this.

When in fact very little did.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    By saying "half the country" you seemed to want to show that may people supported this.

When in fact very little did.

I know, only 150,000

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Just to add on some more information about the protest on Wednesday evening at O'Connell Bridge.

A few minutes before I got off the No.1 bus yesterday at O'Connell Street; the bus driver said at first to a passenger he thought it was a crash because he thought two taxis had crashed into each other as both vehicles were standing in front of a No.4 bus to Monkstown while at the traffic lights at O'Connell Street. He effectively hadn't a clue what was going on because he probably didn't receive any warning from Dublin Bus head office about the protest itself along with many other drivers on their routes.

His female colleague then stated to him after his remark that it was a protest taking place. One passenger thought yesterday's protest was organised by the Church of Scientology the way the protestors had the Guy Fawkes mask displayed on a lot of their faces.

Whatever about the protest that happened yesterday, the majority of people in Dublin City Centre had basically little to no idea that there was a protest which was going to make another evening of misery for people going home from work. Thank goodness it didn't last well into the rush hour otherwise it would become another night of fustration and anger among commuters and businesses.

A lot of them already had endured the rail signal fault along the whole of the DART line which lasted two days in total. The protest on Thursday was about adding more insult to injury for a third night in a row for some of those commuters. They did not ask for anything in particular to the protestors to receive that type of punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

One passenger thought yesterday's protest was organised by the Church of Scientology the way the protestors had the Guy Fawkes mask on a lot of their faces.

Just want to clarify that it's the other way around, people who protest against the CoS wear masks to protect their identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    or Snowball or Napoleon?

"That's Dr Evil! I didn't spend 7 years in evil medical school to become Dr thank you very much."

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Why is anyone who protests viewed as a scumbag?

You are in the eyes of a 5th column

S.O wrote: »
    And a good portion of that 800.000 would be return to senders, it was revealed over the weekend that a lot of people who sent back their forms unopened with all that return to sender stuff wrote on them, received letters from Irish water saying their forms had being processed which means Irish water are counting all the unsigned forms they got back as registered when they aren,t.

Revealed where? Come on....

You're not doing a great job yourself being intent to find suggestions that aren't there.

Any reasonable person would question Éirígí for supporting what happened in Santry which was disgraceful on behalf of the protesters and how they conveyed events after, and hard to support would was going on on O'Connell bridge too.

Peaceful protests are fine, and maybe a platform to voice legitimate concerns/grievances. But weekly now you are seeing video's being throw up of the Water-meter installers and the like harassed and the Gardaí having to step in.

What would have happened to Enda Kenny if the Gardaí hadn't been there? And then when they do step in and are harassed, they record a video and shout as much about "Don't hit that poor woman" "You must be proud of the work ye done today, beating up innocent women and children", conveniently enough none of which has been captured on video yet, though there has been plenty examples of aggression from the protesters IN THESE VIDEOS (this the important part for you to read, not everyone is being tarnished with the one brush.)

Why are the Gardai needed when people are trying to install water meters? The Gardai are not enforcers.

Why are the guardians of the peace brought to someone's home? They should only be called, no?

You bring muscle when you want to force something. The police of the State are not paid to protect enforcement, they are paid to uphold the law.

If someone walks onto your property, a guard has the responsibility to hear and act on your complaint and your request for redress and protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Egginacup wrote: »
    Why are the Gardai needed when people are trying to install water meters? The Gardai are not enforcers.

Why are the guardians of the peace brought to someone's home? They should only be called, no?

You bring muscle when you want to force something. The police of the State are not paid to protect enforcement, they are paid to uphold the law.

If someone walks onto your property, a guard has the responsibility to hear and act on your complaint and your request for redress and protection.

The workers obviously fear for their safety, hence the need for AGS.

Advertisement