Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protestors sitting on o connell bridge.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,436 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

banquo wrote: »
    I hate these people. As if they people they're protesting against get the number 11 bus home.

About a year ago there was a similar Eirigi protest and, even though I had ample cash to get a second bus after we had to abandon our first one, I spent 45 minutes getting my €2.35 back from one of the protesters.

God I despise the nutters within the far left.

You should have Spent it on a dozen eggs and donated them in a singular fashion ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Scannal wrote: »
    I see you're a mod for garda related forums, I better get my camera at the ready.

MOD

I see you ignored the warning, here, have a card. Again, give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Your brain has been trained to think with greed as the priority. It needs to be retrained.

In a reeducation camp? Who tried that before...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

The through meaning of life.

This makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Hundreds of people outside Coolock garda station after protesters beaten up earlier tense situation could kick off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wprathead wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Éirígí earlier - well yiz were right

and some comments under the video linked:
    and just to think we pay that scums wages they need a good smack in the head the sooner the better we take this country back we need brave heart scum scum scum
    Pepper spay ?
    Fight fire with fire
    Petrol bomb the ***** see them run
    Keep recording the "filthy Rich"minding security guards.They dont like the tablesw being turned on them.What ****ing lowlifes threatening people with pepper spray .I wonder will he go home and show his own kids what their lovable father does for a living.Gang laws should be used against the yellow gang that think they are above the law. They make ye sick everytime they do work like this .

Mind boggles:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

20Cent wrote: »
    Hundreds of people outside Coolock garda station after protesters beaten up earlier tense situation could kick off.

I'm assuming you're referring to http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=849691275082376 that's doing the rounds. If you'd care to point out exactly where the protestors were 'beaten up' I'd be much obliged...

and some comments under the video linked:

Mind boggles:confused::confused:

I'm gonna need more palms for my face after seeing this.. http://www.facebook.com/TirNaSaor/photos/a.162439977128868.31899.158329270873272/828192687220257/?type=1

You're a bit late.

"It is understood that the crowd was dispersed at around 8.15pm."
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/tense-scenes-as-protesters-against-water-charges-congregate-outside-dublin-garda-station-30722145.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Bollocks. Same old whingeing and baseless accusations along the lines of "AHEORE DAT CHOILDS SICK". Suppose the Gardai hadn't been there. Enda Kenny may be unpopular, but he doesn't deserve to be torn apart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No surprises considering 2 soccer games were starting around that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

I'm assuming you're referring to http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=849691275082376 that's doing the rounds. If you'd care to point out exactly where the protestors were 'beaten up' I'd be much obliged...

Disgusting from a thuggish police force. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

The "Independent" lol

Just been to the shop and that tool was on FM104, the guy who always seems to be filming for these protests who got shown up.by the sergeant last week. They say there is still 2 to 300 (probably 20 or 30) outside the garda station.

What was disgusting and thuggish? If that was the leader of any other country those scumbags would have been shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Gardai showing incredible restraint there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Incredible restraint considering the amount of poking, prodding and pushing those people were doing to the Gardaí as they surrounded the car, in any other country the police would be cracking skulls to get people away from a government official.

But when the Gardaí are forced to push them back, which is to be expected given the volatile nature of the crowd here, it's "brutality".

There's people aching and twitching for that one video that'll happen to catch a Garda acting inappropiately that will be blown up to be used as a stick to bash the entire force. Like the rape claim made against those Gardaí at Corrib and much of the public hopped on board demanding blood.

Plus, the comparisons to the Nazis / Gestapos is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

yes I'm sure there are elderly Jewish people watching on going "My god, and I thought WE had it bad"

From: https://www.facebook.com/TirNaSaor/photos/pb.158329270873272.-2207520000.1415225695./828226237216902/?type=3&theater A Godwining all on its own. Anyhow, some of the comments....
    Gary Gallagher I really mean this.. It's time we start punching back and if the one that punches a garda ends up in court we the real irish people ( not the guards) need to kick in the door of the court and walk out with our fellow irish person... It has to be anarchy, politicians and those who stand with them need to be pulled off their high horses and shown their place..
    Like · Reply · 10 · 3 hrs
    Eamonn O Brien Did anyone hit him back? Seriously... Hit the prick...
    Mark Ot He wouldnt be so cowardly in future if he got aknock at the door
    Like · Reply · 2 · 3 hrs

Mark Ot find his home address
    Like · Reply · 2 · 3 hrs

Amazingly the last commentators FB profile says he works at Teagasc, another state body.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

If any semi good can come from this is that people are catching on to that there is a rather insidious underbelly of militant activism growing in the country.

I've said it before, but Eirigi are a particular out there bunch.

An odd mix of communism & ultranationalism with a penchant for violence...... Kinda reminds me of Putin's Cossack mobs patrolling parts of Russia.

A lot of members bent on "taking back the country"...... Which can never be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Someone mentioned Éirígí earlier - well yiz were right

lets troll their FB page,

and say well done guards:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Perhaps it's time ordinary Irish people became more vocal about standing behind the gardai against unelected anarchic gurriers roaming around Dublin assaulting workers and abusing the gards. As said incredible, and in my view unwarranted, restraint has been shown by the gardai in the face of real abuse from absolute scumbags who represent no one in this society, are not elected and whose only aim is to cause trouble.

I'd support the gardai being more forceful with some of these individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

fryup wrote: »
    lets troll their FB page,

and say well done guards:D

Threats of petrol bombs etc. on that page.

Typical moronic ramblings of knuckle-dragging uneducated c*nts like Eirigí.

They have about as much political knowledge as that turd I left in the toilet bowl this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I walked by that sit-down protest at O'Connell Bridge this evening after I with many other passengers were asked to get off the No.1 bus to Santry (from Dublin Bus) near the middle of the bridge while the protest was still going on as I saw it for only a few more minutes.

The other Dublin Bus routes that were blocked on the bridge at the time were the No 4, 14 and 123. This was around 4:40pm today.

As I walked past the protest; I saw a drunk guy arguing with one of the female protesters about the 'STATE OF TEH TRAFFIC'. The female protestor remarked back to him that they were 'protesting for the people of Ireland'. Yeah f**king right I'd say :rolleyes:.

You even blocked a lot of buses going from the direction of Parnell Square because of this little scene in town today. Well done you Anonymous nutters. :mad:

The northbound traffic was cleared when I walked near to Eason's Book shop afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Here's another, I didn't see anyone getting a beating, but a lot of rough manhandling going on. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=923314187698736

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    Here's another, I didn't see anyone getting a beating, but a lot of rough manhandling going on. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=923314187698736

At least it wasn't in portrait mode...

Manhandling wasn't half rough enough.

endacl wrote: »
    At least it wasn't in portrait mode...

Manhandling wasn't half rough enough.

Why do you say that?

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    Why do you say that?

Because I meant it. Reading the fb comments on some of these videos leads me to think a lot of those who made the comments, ie those protestalongs, would benefit from a good kicking.

endacl wrote: »
    Because I meant it. Reading the fb comments on some of these videos leads me to think a lot of those who made the comments, ie those protestalongs, would benefit from a good kicking.

Nobody benefits from violent behavior it's not acceptable from either sides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

What was disgusting and thuggish? If that was the leader of any other country those scumbags would have been shot.

The fact that you always want beligerent protesters beaten up or worse makes you as bad as the people you are complaining about . Can't you envision a day when you might care about something enough to protest. I can imagine you beating people about the head while screaming maintain the status quo you bastards.

Advertisement