Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protestors sitting on o connell bridge.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

It's to do with the high court ruling granting gmc Sierra a 20 mtr exclusion zone when installing water metres.
    http://m.rte.ie/news/2014/1105/657103-water-meters-court/

If this is true it is sickening;
    Counsel for GMC Sierra had told the court that workers had been followed home, harassed, racially abused, spat at and, in one incident, were imprisoned in a van for 14 hours.

moxin wrote: »
    800,000 households(multiply it for actual humans) probably support it, they haven't register to pay their water charges yet.

they support blocking the road so people can't get home? really?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,336 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

DublinSaysNo seems to be responsible, absolute scum of an organisation who have hijacked many of the peaceful demonstrations over the last 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

wprathead wrote: »

Yes. If it's true.....

Mind you in this day and age you would have thought some evidence of this "imprisonment" would be quite easy to document and broadcast.

Call me cynical, but I'm thinking there has been some embellishment there.

DublinSaysNo seems to be responsible, absolute scum of an organisation who have hijacked many of the peaceful demonstrations over the last 18 months.

ahh DSN- the crowd that had the video of them kicking a GMC Workers van as they left and then claimed someone got run over by them... they are a parody of themselves at this point..

..it is a shame as I agree with alot of what they say but they really rub me the wrong way with their tactics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

And if its false? You know its an injunction which involves allegations, not criminal proceedings of charging people for assaults etc.

Where are the charges for those supposed offenders?

Yes. If it's true.....

Mind you in this day and age you would have thought some evidence of this "imprisonment" would be quite easy to document and broadcast.

Call me cynical, but I'm thinking there has been some embellishment there.

Well like I said above, Dublin Says No youtube page actually had a video of them kicking a van driven by an GMC employee. The video was promptly taken down. Now that is not to say the other offences such racist abuse and following them home occured so can't really comment

800,000 households(multiply it for actual humans) probably support it, they haven't register to pay their water charges yet.

Er, I didn't mention water charges. I'm referring to protesting in general.

Way to go calling 12,500 Dubs who like them on FB scum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Way to go calling 12,500 Dubs who like them on FB scum!!

Who says all 12,500 likes are from Dubs?

• Advertisement

Who says all 12,500 likes are from Dubs?

It is a Dublin FB page. Clue is in the name.:rolleyes:

I'm a fan of Dumbledores Army on FB- doesn't mean I'm a wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's to do with the high court ruling granting gmc Sierra a 20 mtr exclusion zone when installing water metres.
    http://m.rte.ie/news/2014/1105/657103-water-meters-court/

What? It has nothing to do with that. It's part of this global 'protest'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11210552/Million-Mask-March-Metropolitan-Police-plead-for-peaceful-protest.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ah, so the Like button is geo restricted, didn't know that.

And facebook is international, are you claiming only Dubs click on that page? How many non Dub boardsies have clicked on that page and liked because they agree with the protests?

In the video they are chanting about water always being free.

I'm a fan of Dumbledores Army on FB- doesn't mean I'm a wizard
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ah, so the Like button is geo restricted, didn't know that.

Why would person living in Cork Like a Dublin FB protest page?

Hint: they don't live in Dublin to attend a protest, they like many others outside Dublin have their own pages.

In the video they are chanting about water always being free.

Doesn't matter what they're chanting. They're not there because of today's court ruling as was claimed.

Why would person living in Cork Like a Dublin FB protest page?

Hint: they don't live in Dublin to attend a protest, they like many others outside Dublin have their own pages.

So you can prove that all 12,500 likes are by Dubs only?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 blueman02

Good god boards is full of pedantic idiots

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Why is anyone who protests viewed as a scumbag?

So you can prove that all 12,500 likes are by Dubs only?

Haha Timber, shall we go thru all their FB profiles? So can you answer why a Cork person living in Cork who has their own FB protest page would Like a Dublin FB page or a Donegal FB protest page?

Hint again, the pages are directed towards local residents. They ain't national like an Ireland says NO!

Its so wrong that a hand full of pseudo-communists can grind the capital city to a halt.

Well at least you haven't resorted to hyperbole or exaggeration :pac:

Haha Timber, shall we go thru all their FB profiles? So can you answer why a Cork person living in Cork who has their own FB protest page would Like a Dublin FB page or a Donegal FB protest page?

Hint again, the pages are directed towards local residents. They ain't national like an Ireland says NO!

So are you saying that ALL 12,500 likes are from Dubs only? Yes or No?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

If a couple of sh*theads don Guy Fawkes masks & bring the city to a standstill, the cop who drags them off the road & thumps their skull would be a hero of the people.

No. Only to people like you who don't have the guts to stand up for anything. Maybe you'd get a chuckle out of them getting tased and pepper sprayed like in the land of the free where you have the right to petition the government. You want to live in a police state then move to Myanmar or the US. The rest of us will respect the rights of ALL protesters no matter how misguided their cause is or how annoying they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

And now they're protesting outside coolock garda station so my bus is being diverted.

Fcuk sake.

I genuinely have no issue with peaceful protesting. Fair play to people who do it.

But ffs, deliberately blocking the roads is not fcuking peaceful to people going to and from work.

So are you saying that ALL 12,500 likes are from Dubs only? Yes or No?

They most probably are. Just look at their page, its focussed for now on Coolock\Edenmore\Donaghmede area where all this water protesting started. A few hundred people from that local area are hotly involved in the meter protests. Not a Cork or a Donegal person in sight, well they're up living in Cork and Donegal ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

blueman02 wrote: »
    Good god boards is full of pedantic idiots

Hey hey hey. Thats mr Pedantic Idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

They most probably are. Just look at their page, its focussed for now on Coolock\Edenmore\Donaghmede area where all this water protesting started. A few hundred people from that local area are hotly involved in the meter protests. Not a Cork or a Donegal person in sight, well they're up living in Cork and Donegal ;)

I'm from Coolock and work in Donaghmede, so have seen plenty of the protests. It's not just locals protesting.

• Advertisement

I'm from Coolock and work in Donaghmede, so have seen plenty of the protests. It's not just locals protesting.

Are the non-locals protesters from Foxrock?

Advertisement