Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protestors sitting on o connell bridge.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

moxin wrote: »
    800,000 households(multiply it for actual humans) probably support it, they haven't register to pay their water charges yet.

And a good portion of that 800.000 would be return to senders, it was revealed over the weekend that a lot of people who sent back their forms unopened with all that return to sender stuff wrote on them, received letters from Irish water saying their forms had being processed which means Irish water are counting all the unsigned forms they got back as registered when they aren,t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

S.O wrote: »
    And a good portion of that 800.000 would be return to senders, it was revealed over the weekend that a lot of people who sent back their forms unopened with all that return to sender stuff wrote on them, received letters from Irish water saying their forms had being processed which means Irish water are counting all the unsigned forms they got back as registered when they aren,t.

No it wasn't revealed you just heard that somewhere. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Are the non-locals protesters from Foxrock?

I wouldn't know, I'm generally on my way to work when I've seen them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Someone mentioned Éirígí earlier - well yiz were right

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

They most probably are. Just look at their page, its focussed for now on Coolock\Edenmore\Donaghmede area where all this water protesting started. A few hundred people from that local area are hotly involved in the meter protests. Not a Cork or a Donegal person in sight, well they're up living in Cork and Donegal ;)

But not all right :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

There were over 9000 people protesting on O'Connell St. today.

Well played, Anon.

TheZohan wrote: »
    There were over 9000 people protesting on O'Connell St. today.

Well played, Anon.

You have sources for these numbers? Because every picture i have seen showed a couple of muppets in guy fawkes masks, November 5th irony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

wprathead wrote: »

B'wah hah. It's hard to believe there's people who wrote that stuff and who believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

they support blocking the road so people can't get home? really?

I'd say most living outside Dublin might. Culchies are probably falling about laughing everywhere, at the thought of inconvenienced Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

ThisRegard wrote: »
    B'wah hah. It's hard to believe there's people who wrote that stuff and who believe it.

Way to go, lets brand ALL protesters who are against water charges as dissidents, helps the publicity for FG\Lab.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Way to go, lets brand ALL protesters who are against water charges as dissidents, helps the publicity for FG\Lab.

You're not doing a great job yourself being intent to find suggestions that aren't there.

Any reasonable person would question Éirígí for supporting what happened in Santry which was disgraceful on behalf of the protesters and how they conveyed events after, and hard to support would was going on on O'Connell bridge too.

Peaceful protests are fine, and maybe a platform to voice legitimate concerns/grievances. But weekly now you are seeing video's being throw up of the Water-meter installers and the like harassed and the Gardaí having to step in.

What would have happened to Enda Kenny if the Gardaí hadn't been there? And then when they do step in and are harassed, they record a video and shout as much about "Don't hit that poor woman" "You must be proud of the work ye done today, beating up innocent women and children", conveniently enough none of which has been captured on video yet, though there has been plenty examples of aggression from the protesters IN THESE VIDEOS (this the important part for you to read, not everyone is being tarnished with the one brush.)

What did the protesters(from all shades of opinion) do in Santry which was disgraceful in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

I'd make a terrible guard, I'd have the fcukin baton out there

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What did the protesters(from all shades of opinion) do in Santry which was disgraceful in your opinion?

Screaming abuse at Gardai and knocking barriers down isn't the most graceful of carry on to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

"What do we want?"

"Time travel"

"When do we want it?"

"That's irrelevant!"

Clowns blocking traffic only pissing off those of us who are trying to get home!

Screaming abuse at Gardai and knocking barriers down isn't the most graceful of carry on to be fair.

Were they provoked?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

I'd say most living outside Dublin might. Culchies are probably falling about laughing everywhere, at the thought of inconvenienced Dubs.

I know I was and I'm not even in the same country.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,962 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Were they provoked?

We'll never know!

They never seem to post the videos showing what happened in the lead up to them abusing Gardai and knocking barriers over. I wonder why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

Judging by this thread the rich are getting scared. The numbers of people out protesting are increasing, they've had enough of people walking all over them.

Were they provoked?

In what sense?

Do you think they were provoked? Do you think that there's any justification for people to rush Gardai and force their way through barriers which are there to protect both the public, Gardai and protesters..? Because I have trouble seeing how it can be justified.

And I say that as someone who has always stood up for the right of people to protest.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    We'll never know!

They never seem to post the videos showing what happened in the lead up to them abusing Gardai and knocking barriers over. I wonder why?

And we have posters here believing 100% that they are telling lies. All Gardai are not angels, they have bad apples too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Scannal wrote: »
    Judging by this thread the rich are getting scared.

Scared of what exactly? Define 'rich' also please.

In what sense?

Do you think they were provoked? Do you think that there's any justification for people to rush Gardai and force their way through barriers which are there to protect both the public, Gardai and protesters..? Because I have trouble seeing how it can be justified.

And I say that as someone who has always stood up for the right of people to protest.

In what sense you ask, we do not know the full story yet. The barriers were there to protect Enda not the public or protesters. Thats why barriers are used at such events!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,962 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And we have posters here believing 100% that they are telling lies. All Gardai are not angels, they have bad apples too.

But if they were all being model citizens and doing nothing whatsoever wrong, and the Gardai just started battering them around the place for no good reason, are you telling me that they wouldn't be posting footage of them being angels as further propaganda :confused:

The distinct lack of ANY footage of the minutes leading up to these confrontations where Gardai are portrayed as battering thugs speaks volumes tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Berserker wrote: »
    Define 'rich' also please.
    Anyone better off than Scannal.

Berserker wrote: »
    Scared of what exactly? Define 'rich' also please.

You wouldn't need to ask if you were poor.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Anyone better off than Scannal.

You're getting scared also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

You wouldn't need to ask if you were poor.

How can you be scared of something you know nothing about?

In what sense you ask, we do not know the full story yet. The barriers were there to protect Enda not the public or protesters. Thats why barriers are used at such events!

That's simply untrue. Do you say the same about barriers at concerts or parades? It's crowd control, and without it there would be chaos and everyone would be at risk of injury or getting caught up in trouble.

• Advertisement

Judging by this thread the rich are getting scared. The numbers of people out protesting are increasing, they've had enough of people walking all over them.

Lol

Care to name the rich people in this thread?

Advertisement