Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

I was told in Supervalu Lucan last night the 2 for €25 (12pack Guinness, Bulmers, Calsberg, Budweiser) was for selected stores only. Tried the Supervalu in Rowlagh today, the offer was on but no Bulmers plenty of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ablelocks

only the bulmers got delivered to my local supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 81,381 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ablelocks wrote: »
    only the bulmers got delivered to my local supervalu

I'd have thought that would be the one that would be most scarce, the Bulmers is usually most expensive per can.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Best way to check the offers in your local SuperValu is to sign up for online shopping, download the shopping app and log into it.

Obviously no help if your local SuperValu doesn't offer online shopping or you're trying to check multiple SuperValu stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

Heineken Bottle Pack 20x330 €18 at Centra until 26th July https://centra.ie/offers-leaflet/710/#p=12 €21 everywhere else

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Heineken bottles also in Dunnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

cheekypup wrote: »
    I was told in Supervalu Lucan last night the 2 for €25 (12pack Guinness, Bulmers, Calsberg, Budweiser) was for selected stores only. .

Yeah Rosemount in Rathfarnham almost never take part in any of these deals.
    Thats a few times these deals have been run and I've gone in and no joy.

Got them in the Athy branch on way home.

I wonder why some branches refuse to take part? It wouldn't exactly endear you to the ones who refuse to take part, as a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

three stores I went to were not doing the offer so why put it on your website if you havn't got a delivery of the goods? I went to supervalu in Wicklow town and they had loads of stock including Guinness

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Was in Kavanagh's SuperValu earlier, they had the 12 packs of Carlsberg for €17, no mention of 2 for 25 anywhere. Shop was too busy to ask the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Supervalu Renelagh had the offer on but I didn't notice any Bulmers.

Just Guinness Carlsberg and Bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Polish week starts today at Lidl

Argus Strong Can - €1.49
    / €2.98 Litre - 7.2%
    Argus Premium Can - €1.29 / €2.58 Litre - 5%
    Argus Microfiltered Bottle - €1.49 / €2.98 Litre -
    6%

UTu4nzB.png

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

casio4 wrote: »
    three stores I went to were not doing the offer so why put it on your website if you havn't got a delivery of the goods? I went to supervalu in Wicklow town and they had loads of stock including Guinness
    e

Arklow has stock of all four.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Do musgraves not have complete control of the s/v website and control what goes up on it, and then the other privately owned stores decide whether to op in or out on offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

That argus strong ain't for the faint hearted. I suppose the clue is in the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

squadro wrote:
    That argus strong ain't for the faint hearted. I suppose the clue is in the name.

i call it- value for money!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

byte wrote: »
    Was in Kavanagh's SuperValu earlier, they had the 12 packs of Carlsberg for €17, no mention of 2 for 25 anywhere. Shop was too busy to ask the staff.
    Just to update on this: Kavanagh's are running it now, with 12 packs of Guinness, Bulmers and Carlsberg on display yesterday. The Bulmers had the large price offer label in front of it, but it worked with the Carlsberg too at the checkout.

So, I'm happy. It was further helped by a tenner Rewards voucher! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Has anyone spotted a deal on a good rum, baileys and Kahlua/Tia Maria ?

M

Tesco
    Cork Dry Gin/Gordons 700ml €18
    Bombay Sapphire/Beefeater 700ml €20
    Cork Dry Gin 1 litre €24
    Smirnoff/Bacardi/Gordons/Captain Morgan 1 litre €25
    Drumshanbo Gunpowder 700ml €40

M

Tesco From Tomorrow
    Carlsberg/Molson 24x500ml €24
    Budweiser/Grolsch 24x500ml €26
    Bulmers/Bulmers Light/Coors/Heineken 24x500ml €28
    Guinness 2x12 packs 500ml €30

Budweiser/Carlsberg/Miller 2x20 packs 300ml €30
    Heineken 20x330ml €18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

8 cans of Carlsberg 10 euro in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Tesco From Tomorrow
    Carlsberg 24x500ml €24
    Budweiser/Grolsch 24x500ml €26
    Bulmers/Heineken 24x500ml €28
    Guinness 2x12 packs 500ml €30

Budweiser/Carlsberg/Miller 2x20 packs 300ml €30
    Heineken 20x330ml €18

About time :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Dunnes

Budweiser 300ml bottles- box of 20 for 15 quid.
    Nothing else of any great interest- though they do have a nice Prosecco @ 9 a bottle in the fridge area.

Note: valid in the 10 off when you spend 50 promotion- i.e. 4 boxes (80 bottles) for 50 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

caycro wrote: »
    Has anyone spotted a deal on a good rum, baileys and Kahlua/Tia Maria ?

Supervalu have Captain Morgan 700ml for €20 & 1 Litre for €26.

M

About time :D

I know, it has been a dry summer for beer deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Was too busy this week to get up to Lidl, anyone know if there's any Argus Strong still knocking about? Might head up tomorrow and try and get a few ;)

M

Was too busy this week to get up to Lidl, anyone know if there's any Argus Strong still knocking about? Might head up tomorrow and try and get a few ;)

It should run until close of business tomorrow and possibly beyond, offer started on Monday just gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

They'll sell til they're out of stock. Plenty in Naas and Clondalkin today. Well yesterday. But you know what I mean....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got some in Cork, carrigaline yesterday, quite nice. Does not taste like 7.2% so be careful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Got some in Cork, carrigaline yesterday, quite nice. Does not taste like 7.2% so be careful!

Oh I'm extremely well versed in the consumption (and effects thereof) of Argus Strong ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement