Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    At least you had your dinner, mods can miss their's dealing with the fisticuffs.

Back OT, TA I am cold & my dinner isn't ready yet

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm completely tired of people with their constant updates of the weather forecast off apps.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA at being knowingly lied to and being expected to take it as the truth.

That makes me see red - that, and strawman arguments. I may look like an idiot, folks, but appearences can be deceiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'm completely tired of people with their constant updates of the weather forecast off apps.

****ing people obsessed with the weather... "oh meant to rain all day tomorrow" SO ****ING WHAT YOU SIT ON YOUR ARSE INSIDE ALL DAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My boyfriend on the phone to his mother. Fair enough he’s a bit sick but the dramatics out of him on the phone hamming up the cough to get maximum sympathy. And she plamasing him then. He’s grand like.
    The big ejit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

POA

Who the fupp advertises something for sale as POA? I'll assume they're either a chancer trying to get above market value for it, or a clueless moron who doesn't know it's value. Either way, I won't be buying off them.

I was reading about controlling price information to inflate prices during the week. Too bad we're in the Internet age and information isn't hard to come by. They might all be listed as POA in Ireland, but there's loads available in the UK with clear pricing.

Buying FROM them...puleeessse.....soo annoying when peeps use "off".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

That a packet of French Fancies only ever has 2 lemon flavour ones in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Some of the Dublin buses have two doors, one for getting on and one for getting off. The one for getting off is purposely located in the midsection of the bus so those getting off don't clutter the entrance and whole people waiting to board wait for people to get off. The second door is to prevent this crack. So anyway....on a packed bus today, not one person used the second door to get off, but instead choosing to trail through people standing, taking for.f*cking.forever there for delaying the bus. People from downstairs walking right past the exit door. Like wtf are people thick!!! There is announcement telling them this and everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

some days i even annoy myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Haha my dinner is spent having fisticuffs with the kids....looking forward to the day when I'm not shouting "eat your dinner, sit back down and eat your dinner......for the love of god would ya just eat your dinner"

:)

This is my life in a nutshell. Sit up straight, Put your legs down, stop fighting with your sister, use a fork, that's disgusting, eat with your mouth shut, why is there food all over the table, you ate this loads of times before so how come you don't like it now, stop shouting, use your fork, stop eating like a pig, rinse and repay ad nauseam

TA when you reach the point on hols when your stack of laundry is larger than your stack of clean clothes. We just got here FFS. I am not mentally ready to deal with home again.

USE A FORK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Some of the students, in the school I work in, vandalise the changing rooms a lot.

But one of the most annoying things they do is they fill up the changing-room bins full of water and when I go to empty it, oh the carnage..........I know I should really look before I do it, but who expects it to be half full of water?

They seem to shove it under the shower head and they turn it on, leave it, then slide it back to where it was.

Arseholes

There also doesn't seem to be any progress made to decrease racism/homophobia etc.

Some of the graffiti is the worst.

During pride month/week (or whenever it is they celebrate it) they were handing out love-heart stickers that were coloured in the LGBT rainbow colours. I already knew it was a bad idea before I saw what I knew I'd see eventually - one of the stickers was found on a bathroom wall, with a big black 'X' over it, and the words "Kill All F*ggots" written under it.

They're an absolute jolly bunch...............................and the best part? Couldn't get the ink off.

We're not allowed ink-remover because it contains alcohol. Counter-productive but there you go:- two trivial annoyances and one really bad one in a single post. Happy Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

That a packet of French Fancies only ever has 2 lemon flavour ones in it.

Agree
    Three pink and three brown is too much
    Should be 4-2-2 in favour of lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

People on public transport at rush hour who:

- don't remove their backpacks
    - lean against the pole so others can't grab a hold of it
    - ignore or "pretend not to see" the pregnant / old / injured person lest they have to stand and give someone less able their seat
    - almost walk through you when disembarking the train
    - push onto the train while others are trying to get off

They should all die horrible deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

bitofabind wrote: »
    People on public transport at rush hour who:

- don't remove their backpacks
    - lean against the pole so others can't grab a hold of it

They should all die horrible deaths.

These two are always tall people in my experience.

I'm small so backpacks are always in my face...I also wear hearing aids and I'm petrified a swipe of a bag will reef them out.

Also I can't reach the dangly things, you can, feck off the pole and lift your arm you lazy fecker!

You've probably spent most of the day boasting about your gym workout but you can't stand straight and raise your arm :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fed ex tracking " No scheduled delivery date available at this time." Cheers for that fed ex.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My boyfriend on the phone to his mother. Fair enough he’s a bit sick but the dramatics out of him on the phone hamming up the cough to get maximum sympathy. And she plamasing him then. He’s grand like.
    The big ejit.

Sounds like he has a bad auld dose of the man flu , poor fella.

😛

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Sounds like he has a bad auld dose of the man flu , poor fella.

😛

probably works for fed-ex ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Some of the students, in the school I work in, vandalise the changing rooms a lot.

But one of the most annoying things they do is they fill up the changing-room bins full of water and when I go to empty it, oh the carnage..........I know I should really look before I do it, but who expects it to be half full of water?

They seem to shove it under the shower head and they turn it on, leave it, then slide it back to where it was.

Arseholes

There also doesn't seem to be any progress made to decrease racism/homophobia etc.

Some of the graffiti is the worst.

During pride month/week (or whenever it is they celebrate it) they were handing out love-heart stickers that were coloured in the LGBT rainbow colours. I already knew it was a bad idea before I saw what I knew I'd see eventually - one of the stickers was found on a bathroom wall, with a big black 'X' over it, and the words "Kill All F*ggots" written under it.

They're an absolute jolly bunch...............................and the best part? Couldn't get the ink off.

We're not allowed ink-remover because it contains alcohol. Counter-productive but there you go:- two trivial annoyances and one really bad one in a single post. Happy Xmas.

Drill holes in the bottom of the bin.
    Try WD 40 on the marker.

Kids are arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Watching American sitcoms and realising how Man child the men are.What woman finds that attractive.The worst one is "Everybody Loves Raymond"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

dubstarr wrote: »
    Watching American sitcoms and realising how Man child the men are.What woman finds that attractive.The worst one is "Everybody Loves Raymond"

I generally hate American sitcoms. There's something so unnatural about them - I can't pinpoint what it is. I'd much prefer British sitcoms over it. However, my exception, and guilty pleasure, is Friends. That show makes me laugh way more than I should.

My TA for the day.

Steppy was recently after cleaning the kettle out with baking soda because he's complaining of a weird metallic taste off his tea. My TA is I never got a weird taste before, but I certainly fúcking do now!!! Thanks for ruining my coffee time!

And I have one more day of work tonight before the holidays start. I reckon the kids will make a holy hellhole of that school because they can't contain the excitement of being off for the next 2 weeks, so let's wreck the place. I might be back on this thread by the end of the day lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Fed ex tracking " No scheduled delivery date available at this time." Cheers for that fed ex.

too true, estinated delivery date is today but hasn't even been dispatched yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Boring monotonous sh!te. Unfunny people trying to be funny, serially repeating the same unfunny supposed jokes. Le yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Driving behind someone who has to brake every time there is a car coming in opposite direction .

You have your side and they have theirs. No need to brake for every single f***ing car !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The general incompetence of DPD and the supplier company I ordered from. The company take my money straight away upon completion of order. They fail to tell me there are delays. A week later, it still has not been dispatched. When I ask why they did not inform me of this delay at the time of ordering so that I could source the goods elsewhere, they simply offer me a ten euro refund. Yes, just throw money at the situation instead of answering the question. So, initially they debited my account 80euro for the order. This left my account straight away. Then, when they decided to refund me the 10 euro, they re-debited my account 70 euro (the 80 minus 10) and refunded the original 80... except the refunded amount has not been credited yet. So, I am essentially 150euro down and still have no product.

Several days later, I am told the goods are dispatched and given a tracking number for DPD who have the be the most incompetent shower of people ever to walk the face of the earth. The tracker says "new delivery date agreed". When I query this with them on online chat, they of course ask for the tracking number. When I provide this they tell me "that is a UK tracking number" - so how can I see that the parcel is in Athlone in Ireland with this number and they can't? How can I as a customer have access to more accurate information about my parcel status than the parcel company has?

Sick people everywhere. Coughing, snorting, hacking, blowing, wheezing. Touching door handles, seats, bars on the luas, bus, petrol dispensers etc. Nobody washes their hands or even uses a hanky anymore. This is WHY there are so many sick people!!!! Do people just not take care of themselves anymore? Wash their hands? Cover their face with a scarf? Try to avoid other sick people? I would say at any given time there are over 50% of the population sniffling. Am truly sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Antares35 wrote: »
    Sick people everywhere. Coughing, snorting, hacking, blowing, wheezing. Touching door handles, seats, bars on the luas, bus, petrol dispensers etc. Nobody washes their hands or even uses a hanky anymore. This is WHY there are so many sick people!!!! Do people just not take care of themselves anymore? Wash their hands? Cover their face with a scarf? Try to avoid other sick people? I would say at any given time there are over 50% of the population sniffling. Am truly sick of it.

When I get the train for my daily commute I make sure to sit in a back row seat. That way there's nobody behind me - nothing worse than sneezing and coughing from the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

People who eat loudly.
    Some people should be took out and shot for the way they eat.ive seen Rottweilers with better table manners than some of the fcukers I’ve encountered lately.
    And don’t get me started on the savages that insist on having full blown conversations while chomping down their latest meal.
    It amazes me these fcukin savages have made it to adulthood without being strangled at some dinner table along the way.
    Table manners and eating etiquette should be a mandatory subject in school.

Antlers and red nose welded to every second vehicle this time of year. Worse than the flashing geansaí, at least one can walk out of the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Antlers and red nose welded to every second vehicle this time of year. Worse than the flashing geansaí, at least one can walk out of the pub.

The roads are littered with the fcukers Bertie.
    Plastic sh1te falling off after a half mile.

• Advertisement

Having to chase people for stuff. If I say I need something on Wednesday, I need it on Wednesday! Not late Thursday evening or Friday morning. I actually need time to work on this stuff you send me before it is submitted so if you delay until Friday evening then I will be stuck here late on Friday working on it while you flit off for your early Christmas after lunch. Cheers. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement