Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Antares35 wrote: »
    Driving to work this morning and there had been what looked like a bad crash at a junction. People in front of me were actually stopping to look as they turned left at the junction! Hello, you're going to cause another crash!

TA other drivers
    TA driving
    TA rubber neckers
    TA voyeurism

I travel daily on the M6 near Birmingham in England, one of the busiest stretch of motorways over here. Accidents or incidents are frequent just due to the sheer volume of drivers (and people taking chances because they are idiots)
    Very often you will have a stoppage on the motorway on one side because of an accident, but the other side of the motorway will slow down and grind to a hault because of the concertina effect of idiot rubber neckers…..I don't get it, there is way too much going on the 3 or 4 lanes that you are driving on, there is no time to be looking over the fence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I just paid several hundred euro for insurance and they expect me to print it myself, no convenient access to a colour printer, but you have to untick a box to get it posted.

How/why is a rectangular piece of paper called a disc?

I nicked myself shaving

That is all :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

How/why is a rectangular piece of paper called a disc?

That is all :D

What about a round pizza, cut into triangles, put in a square box.
    On a similar theme, why can't cheese be got in round slices for when making burgers?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

My hairdresser put up a post on her Facebook page (her personal page, not the salon, but her personal page is public anyway.

"Any other hairdressers sick to the teeth of wine and chocolates? Wish customers would get a bit of originality, hahaha"

I have an appointment with her during the week and had bought her some (nice) chocolates and a (nice) bottle of wine.
    I'll be enjoying them myself now and she can go whistle if she thinks she's getting ANYTHING from me.

For sure. WTF was she thinking, posting something like that.
    New Home wrote: »
    "I thought about getting you wine and chocolates, but then I remembered: it's the thought that counts." :cool:

Exactly!

'And here's a tip'
    'TIP : Don't piss off your customers with stupid posts on Facebook.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Insensitive people, full of bitterness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

My mother says to me, will you be getting any more big parcels and I told her no, I shouldn't be. It turns out a present for a friend arrived on Saturday morning when I was away and woke her. She'd mentioned it to me earlier about post arriving on a Saturday but I obviously hadn't picked up on how terribly this had inconvenienced her so she had to be more direct. So it seems I can't even order presents now without annoying my parents. I was also accused of drinking half a bottle of their wine last night. I know better than to touch their stash. Get me the fcuk out of here for the love of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

“Collision after J10. 1 Lane Closed”

Info signs on the M50. How about stating which ****ing lane so we can start moving into the other two before we have to stop completely?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Waited ages for a online purchase to be delivered, it arrived broken and so useless, now I find out I cant return it free.
    So, Ive paid for the item and delivery, I cant use it and the postage back would be much the same cost as its purchase cost!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There is a reaaaaaaaally overpowering scent in the office today and I genuinely can't tell if it's air freshener, some kind of cleaning product or a really unfortunate choice of aftershave by the guy who sits nearest me.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I would asbstain from cash tipping her, as it is unoriginal ;) as well.
    I have lots of family in this kind of business, they would be very happy to have such unoriginal gift instead of chocs and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Smoke coming out of neighbour's chimney stings my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My hairdresser put up a post on her Facebook page (her personal page, not the salon, but her personal page is public anyway.

"Any other hairdressers sick to the teeth of wine and chocolates? Wish customers would get a bit of originality, hahaha"

I have an appointment with her during the week and had bought her some (nice) chocolates and a (nice) bottle of wine.
    I'll be enjoying them myself now and she can go whistle if she thinks she's getting ANYTHING from me.

I would have to like that post and say something.Just so she knows her clients have seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

dubstarr wrote: »
    I would have to like that post and say something.Just so she knows her clients have seen it.

She has most of her clients added as friends anyway, so I really don't know what she was thinking putting that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Always starving.

Not the charities' fault if people have turned into litigious cünts.

That's exactly what's annoying me, ppl in need and the environment are losing out as charities are being forced to refuse items because of ppl taking advantage of them.

Searched everywhere and I cant find my leap card, there has never been more money on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I joined a gym last week. Today I received a letter in the post stating with regret the gym is closing on December 31st.

The letter helpfully suggests I can use another of their branches however it doesn't suit and is way at the back of an industrial estate so no bus routes nearby.

Nowhere does the letter state I have a right to cancel but I think that's what I wish to do. I hope staff do not lose their jobs near Christmas, of course that is more important than me this is a bit of a mess. Was 5 days ago I joined

TA´d at bad communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Compo culture....I had a nice glass jug that was also refused ...apparently no sticker on it warning that it was not suitable for boiling water.

Didn't really think that was necessary as who would be foolish enough to put boiling water into a glass jug ?

Sure we had a thread on it last week :pac:
    A woman has sued Dunnes Stores claiming she suffered burn injuries after a glass jug bought in one of its outlets exploded and shattered after she poured hot water from a kettle into it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/woman-claims-she-suffered-burns-when-dunnes-stores-jug-shattered-1.4113601

And so charities must refuse :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'd definitely address this. "I had actually gotten you wine and chocolates, but after seeing your post, I figured you wouldn't want them."

I'd also be looking for a new hairdresser... if I had... y'know... hair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Gorey's main street is bad anyway for pedestrians who just walk out in front of cars to cross the road, but at this time of year it's basically like Mumbai.

This afternoon alone I counted 12 people who just willy-nilly walked out in front of me without checking for oncoming traffic, half of whom were within the vicinity of the pedestrian lights. The worst are the women that dart buggy-first out onto the road without warning. It's insanity.

I really am thinking of investing in a dash-cam to capture the footage as there will either be a serious injury or hefty insurance claim coming down the line the way it's going. And don't get me started on the number of drivers who completely ignore the (relatively new) stop-sign system at a crossroads further up the road.

I'd definitely address this. "I had actually gotten you wine and chocolates, but after seeing your post, I figured you wouldn't want them."

I'd also be looking for a new hairdresser... if I had... y'know... hair :D

You know I'm actually wondering if she said it as a hint to her customers since she knew that some are friends with her on facebook. Like she has the cheek to think that people might get her something else then. I wouldn't be surprised if she's brazen enough to say something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Alecto wrote: »
    You know I'm actually wondering if she said it as a hint to her customers since she knew that some are friends with her on facebook. Like she has the cheek to think that people might get her something else then. I wouldn't be surprised if she's brazen enough to say something like that.

Why are people buying christmas presents for their hairdresser?

Why are people buying christmas presents for their hairdresser?

I don't know, I tipped mine a tenner and that was it. I actually didn't know it was a thing. Reminds me I need to get something for my CF nurses though, now they've earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I joined a gym last week. Today I received a letter in the post stating with regret the gym is closing on December 31st.

The letter helpfully suggests I can use another of their branches however it doesn't suit and is way at the back of an industrial estate so no bus routes nearby.

Nowhere does the letter state I have a right to cancel but I think that's what I wish to do. I hope staff do not lose their jobs near Christmas, of course that is more important than me this is a bit of a mess. Was 5 days ago I joined

TA´d at bad communication.

You have two weeks to get out of a contract you signed. Go talk to them. Should not be an issue.

I don't know, I tipped mine a tenner and that was it. I actually didn't know it was a thing. Reminds me I need to get something for my CF nurses though, now they've earned it.

Mine charged me less than she usually does because I'm broke. I should have been tipping her but instead she was 'tipping' me :D

My present would have been instead of a tip.

Mine charged me less than she usually does because I'm broke. I should have been tipping her but instead she was 'tipping' me :D

She's not in Limerick by any chance? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My TA is that I am bored. And there are a whole 4 days to go before the holidays start and I will be unbored.

Being there for a friend when they went through a difficult time but getting very little in return when I'm struggling myself.
    *crossface*

She's not in Limerick by any chance? :D

No :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Being there for a friend when they went through a difficult time but getting very little in return when I'm struggling myself.
    *crossface*

Ya, jesus, sorry. I am here for you now.
    Well not exactly now per say...but in April.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement