Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It is one of these things:

1. Netanyahoo attacks to scupper Iran deal.
    2. Pompeo organises it to scupper Iran deal.
    3. ISIS/Al Qaeda attack from Iraq.

Using Iranian missles .

Iran attacked by the looks of it ,

The question will be now what will the response be

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

This is an act of aggression that would further destabilize the region and there only one country needs this most Iran its leadership are clinging to power and need something more to blame on america.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,814 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Gatling wrote: »
    Using Iranian missles .

Iran attacked by the looks of it ,

The question will be now what will the response be

I'm having some problems with the Iran did it hypothesis.

The US intelligence reports say the attack came from the WNW. Iran is to the NE. Israel is actually WNW, but is 1,500 km away. Drones and cruise missiles can turn, so laying blame on the basis of the terminal phase direction is risible.

I do suspect Iranian made ordnance will have been used, which puts them on the hook anyway. Saying 'we sell AK47s to many people' sort of works. For 800 Km range missile systems - not so much.

I expect a military response against Iran is very likely now. I won't shed a tear if every Iranian National Guard base is smoked. Iran's habit of trumping up charges against, and jailing, fairly young, comely foreign women has gotten beyond a joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

cnocbui wrote: »
    I'm having some problems with the Iran did it hypothesis.

The US intelligence reports say the attack came from the WNW. Iran is to the NE. Israel is actually WNW, but is 1,500 km away. Drones and cruise missiles can turn, so laying blame on the basis of the terminal phase direction is risible.

I do suspect Iranian made ordnance will have been used, which puts them on the hook anyway. Saying 'we sell AK47s to many people' sort of works. For 800 Km range missile systems - not so much.

I expect a military response against Iran is very likely now. I won't shed a tear if every Iranian National Guard base is smoked. Iran's habit of trumping up charges against, and jailing, fairly young, comely foreign women has gotten beyond a joke.

You're wasting your time talking to that chap. He is led by the nose on all of these issues. Whatever the US says, Gatling will be here to tell you it is fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It is one of these things:

1. Netanyahoo attacks to scupper Iran deal.
    2. Pompeo organises it to scupper Iran deal.
    3. ISIS/Al Qaeda attack from Iraq.
    4. Saudi Arabia attacked itself to get the Gileadeans to fight a war for them.
    5. A combination of 2 or more or even All 4.
    6: IRAN FIRED THE MISSILES AND DRONES TO DEFLECT ITS PEOPLE AWAY FROM THEIR FINANCIAL CRISIS

I took the liberty of adding #6 to your list.

17 impacts on oil facilities, world oil prices up 10% in one day, how much will they rise if the repair work takes time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1173436601176866817

It doesn't matter who did it. US and Saudi Arabia and Israel and UK will blame Iran always.

This official passed on info to ABC claiming Iran fired cruises missiles at Saudi Arabia, not from Yemen or Iraq. They' re saying inside Iran the IRGC launched cruise missiles at Saudi Arabia.

With this info, a military strike is likely. Trump may decide against a US strike, he always says Iraq war was a mistake. Iran war would be even bigger one.

US and Saudi Arabia and Israel and UK will blame Iran always

You seem unwilling to accept the possibility that MAYBE IRAN did fire them? 32 aerial vehicles is a massive amount.

SJW Lover wrote: »
    You're wasting your time talking to that chap. He is led by the nose on all of these issues. Whatever the US says, Gatling will be here to tell you it is fact.

Lol

Oh I wonder who created an account just for this.

Iran has also siezed another tanker today under the guise of stopping smuggling .

Who ever is pulling the strings in Iran better cop on seriously quick ,
    Once American bomber's take off they won't stop

smurfjed wrote: »
    You seem unwilling to accept the possibility that MAYBE IRAN did fire them? 32 aerial vehicles is a massive amount.

What proof have US and Saudi Arabia provided? Scraps of a missile is hardly proof they did it?

Timing is interesting. Bolton according to sources resigned after learning Trump wanted to talk with Iran and was looking to ease sanctions.

Few days later this happens, coincidence or someone trying to scupper talks? I don't see how this attack benefits Iran hopes for peace in the region. If anything a major attack like this pushes the region to brink of another major middle east war.

• Advertisement

What proof have US and Saudi Arabia provided? Scraps of a missile is hardly proof they did it?

Who else would be firing Iranian missles , from Iran

???

How do you know they were fired from Iran?
    Who's providing the info?
    These are same people who lied about WMD in Iraq.
    You telling me they failed to detect cruise missiles flying from Iran, not buying it.

When the Americans provide an aerial image of drones taking off from Iran that day, i look at it. When the Americans provide an aerial image of cruise missiles fired from inside Iran, i look at it.

Scraps of metal belonging to a missile and damaged drones doesn't prove they are involved.

Lol

Oh I wonder who created an account just for this.

Don't flatter yourself. It's true though. You are a parrot.

smurfjed wrote: »

Absolutely true. But it is interesting how Iran have recently stepped up to fill the big bad villain role that the Americans have been touting for them. Very convenient.

???

That all it takes to fool you? Tell you something and you believe it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,814 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Timing is interesting. Bolton according to sources resigned after learning Trump wanted to talk with Iran and was looking to ease sanctions.

Few days later this happens, coincidence or someone trying to scupper talks? I don't see how this attack benefits Iran hopes for peace in the region. If anything a major attack like this pushes the region to brink of another major middle east war.

The sort of intelligence that would provide proof - radar tracks from launch sites - from satellites - is classified and isn't likely to be released for obvious reasons.

Iran's hopes for peace - now there's a unicorn if I ever saw one.

I am sure the US and Israel know without a shadow of a doubt who fired/ordered those missiles/drones, but unfortunately I wouldn't believe a word Trump, anyone working for him, or Netanyahu says, even though it might be the truth.

I am sure the US and Israel know without a shadow of a doubt who fired/ordered those missiles/drones, but unfortunately I wouldn't believe a word Trump, anyone working for him, or Netanyahu says, even though it might be the truth.

Makes you wonder why Iran has never even attempted to have a go at Israel .

Saudi and America will have to act with restraint meanwhile Iran will keep firing missles and siezing ships using the Kremlin playbook ,
    It wasn't us ,
    Why would we,
    We didn't do it ,
    We're not there ,
    It's all iranophobia

Meanwhile in the real world

The sort of intelligence that would provide proof - radar tracks from launch sites - from satellites - is classified and isn't likely to be released for obvious reasons.

Iran's hopes for peace - now there's a unicorn if I ever saw one.

So you believe they have launched cruise missiles from Iran? Think about that for a moment. If this truly happened Iran is declaring open war against Saudi Arabia and its allies and there not interested in a peaceful solution. This attack does not make any sense that i can see right now. I'm open to new info that does come out. Right now i don't trust Saudi Arabia version of events.

Ah grand, sure just believe them so, yeah? Not like they haven't lied through their teeth before.

Saudi and America will have to act with restraint meanwhile Iran will keep firing missles and siezing ships using the Kremlin playbook ,

Do you really actually believe that?

• Advertisement

Trump and Senior Administration officials are now meeting at the White House to discuss how to respond. Expecting a military response since they are blaming Iran for launching cruise missiles at Saudi Arabia. Lets hope Trump pulls back like last time. He be under enormous pressure to do something and the neocons around him lets not forget voted to attack Iran when they shot down the drone. They are "off the rails already" Just hope the Pentagon advices him to not do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭jackboy

Trump and Senior Administration officials are now meeting at the White House to discuss how to respond. Expecting a military response since they are blaming Iran for launching cruise missiles at Saudi Arabia. Lets hope Trump pulls back like last time. He be under enormous pressure to do something and the neocons around him lets not forget voted to attack Iran when they shot down the drone. They are "off the rails already" Just hope the Pentagon advices him to not do it?

They will have to respond in some way. If not military then how? More sanctions maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

If there is some evidence that it was an Iranian attack then Saudi Arabia should produce it, otherwise its just an opinion based on their dislike of Iran.
    I don't believe that this attack was launched from Iran based on past behavior and lack of evidence. The Saudi/ Israeli/ neocon alliance seem bent on attacking Iran.

If they do attack Iran. what do they expect will happen to the price of oil? Will it help the world economy already on the brink of recession?

If there is some evidence that it was an Iranian attack then Saudi Arabia should produce it, otherwise its just an opinion

Like say missle parts .

Possible satallite images

radar tracking

Followed by denials and claims of iranophobia

jackboy wrote: »
    They will have to respond in some way. If not military then how? More sanctions maybe?

Trump adminstration was all in for striking Iran last time. The only person who called off the airstrikes last moment was Trump. We are hoping he act sane again!

I can't predict the future, but unlikely his recieving good advice based on what we know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Like say missle parts .

Possible satallite images

radar tracking

Followed by denials and claims of iranophobia

Missile parts can be got anywhere, I am sure Israel has loads of bits that they got from Hezbollah.

What evidence do you think should be enough for the US to launch a strike?
    Some unknown person saying that it happened?

Missile parts can be got anywhere, I am sure Israel has loads of bits that they got from Hezbollah.

What evidence do you think should be enough for the US to launch a strike?
    Some unknown person saying that it happened?

I not ruling out yet the Houthis did it. We know they have Iranian cruise missiles. They can easily have fired missiles from Yemen and hit the Saudi oil facilities. Iran may have upgraded their drone technology also to fly deeper into Saudi Arabia. Houthis attack Saudi Arabia often, they are most likely culprit.

US blames Iran and as of yet not provided evidence missiles were launched from their land.

But hizbolla don't have the latest Iranian missles ,

Iran could come out and say rouge forces lunched the attack unknown to them,but that would suggest Iran is not in control of its own weapons which could including their nuclear program,
    Which is more worrying which will lead to further international isolation and fewer friends ,

China and putin won't be riding to the rescue of the mad mullahs

• Advertisement

Surely If a war was to be had , surely if other forces would have targeted Israel rather than the pretty soft target that is Saudi Arabia ,who have some serious military kit they don't have any real ability to hit Iran ,

Where as Israel would go after Iran with everything it had .

Or is Iran scared ****less of Israel

Advertisement