Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,269 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Gatling wrote: »
    Likely around civilian populations and major infrastructure like airports and ports ,

They would have needed hundreds of patriots to cover the distances

It is one of the most important infrastructure in the world.

It's only 250 hectares, its tiny, it's a big farm here.

About 750 million dollars of oil go through their each day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

There's only two outcomes, total annihilation in the middleast or for the Islamic world to prosper and create their own financial system and rebuild their civilization.

If Western imperialism left them be in the first place our relationship with them in the west could have been peaceful and full of intrigue and admiration...

It could have been safe to go on holidays to Persia, enjoy the hospitality of many Islamic culture's...

it's sad really sad

• Registered Users Posts: 19,727 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

nthclare wrote: »
    There's only two outcomes, total annihilation in the middleast or for the Islamic world to prosper and create their own financial system and rebuild their civilization.

If Western imperialism left them be in the first place our relationship with them in the west could have been peaceful and full of intrigue and admiration...

It could have been safe to go on holidays to Persia, enjoy the hospitality of many Islamic culture's...

it's sad really sad

I don't expect an honest answer, but; Would you want to be born a female in this civilisation that you say would be admired by the west?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

cnocbui wrote: »
    I don't expect an honest answer, but; Would you want to be born a female in this civilisation that you say would be admired by the west?

Not directed at me, but god no.

Women's rights are pretty much non existent in the majority of these regions but who are the likes of America to butt in?

cnocbui wrote: »

Well if I wasn't aware of the way things are in the rest of the world, I'd be probably indoctrinated into that civilization.

If I traveled West to study I'd probably be feeling a lot more sceptical about going home etc

Although Afghanistan and Iran had a very Western civilization before all s h 1 t hit the fan, so who knows what way it would have been in the middle East.

Is that honest enough for you ?

Why wouldn't you expect an honest answer ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Blueshoe wrote: »
    You think trump came up with the idea himself? Lol

There are agencies and military intelligence that put these ideas on file and hand it to him.
    Get a grip.

On a personal note I would welcome another war in the middle East. No harm in letting those type know who is boss.

yeah, because that's been so successful in the past. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

jiltloop wrote: »
    yeah, because that's been so successful in the past. :rolleyes:

You can bet the mortgage that the ones calling for war wouldn't be within a thousand miles of the frontline.

The idea of a war far away gets them horny but they wouldn't have the guts to go fight in it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

it's sad really sad
    You can holiday in Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Iran's foreign minister warned of an "all-out war" in the event of US or Saudi military strikes against his country. He also questioned whether Saudi Arabia was prepared to fight to the last American soldier. I guess he doesn't understand boots on the ground are not needed. He also noted US sanctions have crippled Iran's economy, causing the currency to plummet and prices to soar. The economy has contracted and food and medical shortages are rampant. So if Trump doesn’t initiate a military strike, he should pump up sanctions to maximum overdrive as they apparently are working.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Is there anything to be said for starting another war in the middle east father?

What's the definition of madness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,727 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You can holiday in Iran.

And spend the next umpteen years as hostages in Evin gaol, just like these women:

Evin-women-prin-iran.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,269 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

it's sad really sad

Epic trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Saudi are currently displaying the physical evidence of drones recovered from the oil site attack ,
    Looks pretty damning wreckage of 8 + Iranian drones sitting in front of the UN security council

What do you think the world should do with evidence of a drone attack? Attack the country from where the drone was launched? Do you actually think that would make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What do you think the world should do with evidence of a drone attack? Attack the country from where the drone was launched

Seen that military options would be limited , unless trump decided to remove most of Irans military infrastructure ,
    Which could be a possibility,
    But for most part Iran should be ignored and hammered with more sanctions eventually the people of Iran will get fed up with the revolutionary guard and mad mullahs and the world will get to see the real peace keeping Iranian military.

If the world stands back and does nothing Iran will keep launching more and more attacks until they hit the wrong target and face severe consequences

Seen that military options would be limited , unless trump decided to remove most of Irans military infrastructure ,
    Which could be a possibility,
    But for most part Iran should be ignored and hammered with more sanctions eventually the people of Iran will get fed up with the revolutionary guard and mad mullahs and the world will get to see the real peace keeping Iranian military.

If the world stands back and does nothing Iran will keep launching more and more attacks until they hit the wrong target and face severe consequences

If Trump attacked Iran there would be a big shock to the worlds oil supply. The conflagration might end up with destruction and death that would be felt for years. SA would suffer greatly as would Iran and US forces. The Iranian people will not overthrow the their government that is just wishful thinking that will get you nowhere, it is not going to happen.

Lots of countries attack their neigbours with drones, I don't see you calling for sanctions or attacks on those countries.

Lots of countries attack their neigbours with drones, I don't see you calling for sanctions or attacks on those countries.

Lots or one in particular.

There was a shock to the oil supply already ,and it wasn't at the hands of trump

Lots or one in particular.

There was a shock to the oil supply already ,and it wasn't at the hands of trump

I would say more than one maybe lots. I haven't added them up yet but I dont see you condemning those countrys even when the evidence against them is much stronger.

The shock was minor in terms of what could happen if Iran was attacked.

Do you have some death wish for the global economy or just dislike Iran to such an extent that you don't care ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its easier for the US to just attack Iran's economy with more sanctions, Iran's leader is 80 or something , it might be time for their inner circle to slip something in his food and move things on.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    its easier for the US to just attack Iran's economy with more sanctions, Iran's leader is 80 or something , it might be time for their inner circle to slip something in his food and move things on.

Iran had a deal with the US and Europe, the US decided to welsh on it. It does not make for good relations when these things happen and its difficult to rebuild trust.

I would say more than one maybe lots. I haven't added them up yet but I dont see you condemning those countrys

What countries exactly actually maybe start a thread instead.

When Iran attacked several tankers prices didn't increase,
    When Iran downed an American drone in international waters the oil prices didn't increase, when Iran siezed multiple foreign vessels price didn't increase ,

When Iran attacked Saudi Arabia oil industry prices increased then fell ,
    The world has changed 30 years ago even the threat of a military attack by Iran on its neighbours would have seen massive increases and panic buying not in 2019 the world is moving on and diversified their fuel needs

• Advertisement

What countries exactly actually maybe start a thread instead.

When Iran attacked several tankers prices didn't increase,
    When Iran downed an American drone in international waters the oil prices didn't increase, when Iran siezed multiple foreign vessels price didn't increase ,

When Iran attacked Saudi Arabia oil industry prices increased then fell ,
    The world has changed 30 years ago even the threat of a military attack by Iran on its neighbours would have seen massive increases and panic buying not in 2019 the world is moving on and diversified their fuel needs

Depending what we mean by drone/UAV USA, Russia, Iran, Israel, SA, UAE, UK , Yemen to name a few.You are welcome to start a thread if you wish, you may use some of my insight. Do you think any of the these countries should be attacked or sanction particularly when the kill civilians?

An oil tanker is not a significant amount of oil in the overall. If war starts it's a horse of a different colour. The whole area could be subject to disruption. All the oil production in the region could be hit or even stopped.

I salute your indifference to calamity, it seems its the American way these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Iran had a deal with the US and Europe, the US decided to welsh on it. It does not make for good relations when these things happen and its difficult to rebuild trust.

might end up with a better long term one. Iranian people like the West and americans have a high opinion of Iranians. the iranian people must be wondering what their gobshiite leader is up to

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    might end up with a better long term one. Iranian people like the West and americans have a high opinion of Iranians. the iranian people must be wondering what their gobshiite leader is up to

As I say its hard to deal with people who walk away from previously agreed treaties. The Iranians see no reason to be bitten twice.

You have to deal with the people who are in charge of the other states that you are dealing with not the leaders you wish they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

There we go surely Gatling you would agree on some sanctions towards America for that? If not please enlighten me as to why not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

What Trump needs to do with evil Mike Gilead Pompeo:

This is the end Pompeo DESERVES. Indeed: the world does not need far right riff raff like Pompeo.

rapul wrote: »
    There we go surely Gatling you would agree on some sanctions towards America for that? If not please enlighten me as to why not

Gatling is hell bent on not rocking the boat where it could undermine American interest's.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's a former American military personnel either.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a former American military personnel either.

Don't agree on American foreign policies or current president and I've publicly stated it multiple times if they did wrong they should be pulled on it .

Unlike other people murica did this and murica did that yada yada yada.

• Advertisement

It's not very often that you see a post so lacking in nuance and political intelligence. I had the impression that you might have had some insight into the situation and your view might be of some value, I was sadly mistake.

Good night son, leaba time , sleep the sleep.

Advertisement