Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Same old same old...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Hezbollah has been quiet for an hour now. Response from them is likely over. I felt they would limit the strike to avoid an all out war. Israel response now matters and if they expand their military operations Hezbollah will strike back again. Its a tit for tat situation.

I hearing some Israeli soldiers were injured, no deaths. It something at least to avoid a major war..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

One single vehicle was supposedly hit , Israel saying no casualties , hizbolla saying they killed all on board the vehicle , Israel hit back hizbolla hit fields ,

Irish defence forces caught in the cross fire and are currently in secure bunkers .

Nothing new unfortunately hizbolla fires a few rockets and Israel hit back harder ,
    Hizbolla retreat for a few months and off we go again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Gatling wrote: »
    One single vehicle was supposedly hit , Israel saying no casualties , hizbolla saying they killed all on board the vehicle , Israel hit back hizbolla hit fields ,

Irish defence forces caught in the cross fire and are currently in secure bunkers .

Nothing new unfortunately hizbolla fires a few rockets and Israel hit back harder ,

Nothing new, Israel attacks Lebanon, Hezballa fights back, Israel then attacks again.

Nothing new, Israel attacks Lebanon, Hezballa fights back, Israel then attacks again.

That's it exactly , as has it been happening for donkeys years,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭jackboy

Would it be true to say it was a failed attack from Lebanon (no Israeli casualties)? or will they see this as best case outcome (revenge somewhat got and war unlikely)?

jackboy wrote: »
    Would it be true to say it was a failed attack from Lebanon (no Israeli casualties)? or will they see this as best case outcome (revenge somewhat got and war unlikely)?

Failed attack by hizbolla ,it's them shooting at Israel ,I'm not buying the story about a failed drone attack as Lebanon came out and said they didn't shoot down the Israeli drones neither did hizbolla ,

But this is the regular shooting season between hizbolla and Israel they fire a few rockets do next to no damage and Israel hits them pretty hard in return ,
    No real winners

IDF admits four kornet anti tank missiles were fired by Hezbollah. Two hit near an Israeli base. One missed and one allegedly hit a troop transport or jeep. Correct there was no deaths, but injuries still uncertain.

Hezbollah was going to limit its response to avoid an all-out war.

Hezbollah was going to limit its response to avoid an all-out war.

So they fired 4 anti-tank missles hit one vehicle ,no serious casualties ,or death's .
    And missed with the other 3 or were neutralised by the Israeli vehicles .

Hizbolla were holding back ?

That's a new one

So they fired 4 anti-tank missles hit one vehicle ,no serious casualties ,or death's .
    And missed with the other 3 or were neutralised by the Israeli vehc

I told you last week i expected a carefully planned, yet limited attack on Israeli military positions.

Hezbollah was firing these missiles from inside Lebanon. Its hit and run job. You failing to see the big picture, it was done to avoid an all out war. If Hezbelloh wanted a war they give Israel one and IDF soldiers will be killed. Missing shots may actually be done on purpose to avoid killing IDF soldiers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Missing on purpose? Somethings missing alright, but it's not Hezbelloh ordnance.

Failed attack by hizbolla ,it's them shooting at Israel ,I'm not buying the story about a failed drone attack as Lebanon came out and said they didn't shoot down the Israeli drones neither did hizbolla ,

But this is the regular shooting season between hizbolla and Israel they fire a few rockets do next to no damage and Israel hits them pretty hard in return ,
    No real winners

That's not true. Hezbelloh released pictures of the drones. One Isreali drone was loaded with TNT and blew up outside an Hezbelloh office in Beirut. Another one got shot down.

Next night a drone took off from a Israeli ship and attacked a PMU base in Lebanon. Israel claimed it was factory building precision guided missiles for Hezbelloh.

Hezbelloh denies the claim this was a missile factory, they don't deny the attack.

Hezbollah was firing these missiles from inside Lebanon. Its hit and run job. You failing to see the big picture, it was done to avoid an all out war. If Hezbelloh wanted a war they give Israel one and IDF soldiers will be killed. Missing shots may actually be done on purpose to avoid killing IDF soldiers.

So they fired an expensive missles at targets and missed on purpose according to your opinion,

Or the Israeli vehicles neutralised the majority of the missles leaving hizbolla scratching their heads .

Hizbolla fighter A - b you tell ze boss we missed everything

Hizbolla fighter b- no A i told them last time and lost my hand

Hizbolla fighter A - tell them it was the Iranians this time

Hizbolla fighter b - there worse than us they haven't hit the broadside of a barn since the 70s

cnocbui wrote: »
    Missing on purpose? Somethings missing alright, but it's not Hezbelloh ordnance.

Second Lebanon war started over two Israeli soldiers been killed on Lebanon war. The Isreali response was massive. Hezbelloh did this to avoid casaulties, it was enough of a response for its supporters to be happy and celebrate.. IDF response was limited the also are aware this was not an attempt by Hezbelloh to start an all out war.

So they fired an expensive missles at targets and missed on purpose according to your opinion,

Or the Israeli vehicles neutralised the majority of the missles leaving hizbolla scratching their heads .

Hizbolla fighter A - b you tell ze boss we missed everything

Hizbolla fighter b- no A i told them last time and lost my hand

Hizbolla fighter A - tell them it was the Iranians this time

Hizbolla fighter b - there worse than us they haven't hit the broadside of a barn since the 70s

They carried out a limited revenge attack and called it a day. IDF response was limited also. It save face exercise. I don't believe the IDF truly wants an all out war with Lebanon either. Hezbelloh held their own in 2006 and killed over 100 IDF soldiers and damaged 50 tanks and damaged other military vehicles. Hezbelloh is lot stronger today and can fire thousands of missiles at Israel each day. A nightmare for the Israel population.

jackboy wrote: »

Best outcome for both sides right now. IDF soldiers got killed- Israel will have no choice, they'll will respond massively. Not saying it all over now. Israel has opened a new front and has started attacking Lebanon, so conditions are new.

Israel has not targetted Hezbelloh military positions yet with military jets.

Drones attacks can be denied.

PMU base is run by a Palestinian group in Lebanon. Israel claims they were making weapons for Hezbelloh, and a drone attacked it. The drone attacks in Beirut, still unknown what the aim or intention of this operation was.

I don't think this Hezbelloh attack failed, i think it just an operation to save face and show its supporters they fight back. Nobody truly knows what the IDF and Hezbelloh are planning next and if attacks will cease. This operation that occurred yesterday is over for now.

Hezbelloh held their own in 2006 and killed over 100 IDF soldiers and damaged 50 tanks

And lost several thousand of their own men and hundreds of pieces of equipment .

And yet here we are in 2019 and four missles with one hit and the other neutralised likely by isreali defenses ,
    It seems the new kornet missles are no longer effective against isreali armour.

You don't know what hizbolla are doing or what they are thinking maybe leave filling in the blanks till we have facts about hizbolla plans

And lost several thousand of their own men and hundreds of pieces of equipment .

And yet here we are in 2019 and four missles with one hit and the other neutralised likely by isreali defenses ,
    It seems the new kornet missles are no longer effective against isreali armour.

You don't know what hizbolla are doing or what they are thinking maybe leave filling in the blanks till we have facts about hizbolla plans

Is this another false stat by gatling? I know i should not ask for it because i never recieve anything to verify your wild claims, but please provide a source 7,000 hezbelloh soldiers were killed in 2006.

There was no attack stopped by Israeli forces. They launched four missiles and left the area, they attacked them from.

Kornet missiles rarely miss the targets. So it obvious to me they were just doing damage and was not meant to be a precise strike, to wipe out soldiers. They probably hit a Israeli vehicle from a far distance and then escaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Nasrallah backed himself into a corner in his speech but a Hezbollah reaction to local and regional events was inevitable.

It was a measured response against Israel for the Hezbollah/Iranian members who were killed by Israel in Damascus last week.

Israel fired a number of ordnance near the Israel/Lebanon border on Saturday night some of which landed in Lebanon and the Cheeba Farms.

Sunday morning, they did it again. Then Hezbollah fired a number of Kornet missiles at the Israeli patrol.

Hezbollah were expected to make the move in order to de-escalate the situation and avoid another war, which neither wants.

Each side are happy with the event, it dissipated the tensions which were rapidly rising. The only concern is if Iran direct Hezbollah to strike again, Iran may not be too happy with the limited strike.

but please provide a source 7,000 hezbelloh soldiers were killed in 2006.
    IDF lost 45 Kia
    Hizbolla lost 700 kia

Kornet missiles rarely miss the targets. So it obvious to me they were just doing damage and was not meant to be a precise strike, to wipe out soldiers. They probably hit a Israeli vehicle from a far distance and then escaped.

Where did I say 7000 exactly lol .....

No your making that all that up .
    You obviously don't know anything about the kornet missle system ,

They choose to miss did they tell you that or just putting it out there for whatever reason

• Advertisement

Where did I say 7000 exactly lol .....

Your answer is vague. You said thousands of their own men were killed? If less than 7000 how many?

Your answer is vague.

I know exactly what I said and I definitely didn't say 7000 ,
    But you did so trying to attribute something as misleading

You said thousands. I still trying to find how many you think died.

You for some reason have 700 KIA in my quote post?

It only hundreds then not thousands?

Maybe you got mixed up with civilians, the Israelis managed according to Amnesty kill over 1000 Lebanese Civilians plus they murdered 5 UN. The Lebanese government said that 250 Hezballah were killed. So the most sophisticated army in the middle east killed 4 times as many civilians as soldiers. You would almost think the did it on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Maybe you got mixed up with civilians, the Israelis managed according to Amnesty kill over 1000 Lebanese Civilians plus they murdered 5 UN. The Lebanese government said that 250 Hezballah were killed. So the most sophisticated army in the middle east killed 4 times as many civilians as soldiers. You would almost think the did it on purpose.

They are well known for targeting civilians.

They are well known for targeting civilians.

So are the British and Americans and russians and Chinese and Saudis and Iranians,and Syrians

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So are the British and Americans and russians and Chinese and Saudis and Iranians,and Syrians

Whataboutery at it's finest :rolleyes:

Whataboutery at it's finest :rolleyes:

It's a fact isn't it ,

Any how ........

The Darya-1 aka Grace 1 tanker has switched off it's maritime transponder and gps tracking currently it's 70 miles between Lebanon and Syria,it's actual is Syria despite multiple public claims from Iran it was not going to Syria ,
    It's still possible for the US to board and sieze the vessel if they choose to

• Advertisement

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/sep/10/trump-news-today-latest-economy-north-carolina-republicans-live

Bolton gone, big blow to the cheerleaders for death and destruction. This guy has to be one of the most malevolent influences on US foreign policy ever. He is responsible for the deaths of countless men women and children.

A good day for humanity and I think a shift in US policy. Hopefully he will never see power again

Advertisement