Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALARM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

the way i had it before was if i keyed in 0 downarrow 5 down stairs, the alarm is on with no beams. and if i key in 0 downarrow 8 upstairs the alarm is on with no beams
    0 downarrow 4 downstairs full alarm
    0 downarrow 7 upstairs full alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    the way i had it before was if i keyed in 0 downarrow 5 down stairs, the alarm is on with no beams. and if i key in 0 downarrow 8 upstairs the alarm is on with no beams
    0 downarrow 4 downstairs full alarm
    0 downarrow 7 upstairs full alarm

0 downarrow 5 is a quick arm with out a code. Only 0 downarrow 7 and 8 will arm with the PIRs off.

Here is a link to the user manual that explains the difference.

can i still sort out my system the way i need

i will sign off now altor, hopefully we can touch base tomorrow evenjng. i will be on line about 7, thanks for every thing

can i still sort out my system the way i need

By using the two part guards available it will be possible.

• Advertisement

HI altor got side tracked this evening. if your still on line, we might do another bit. if not we can pick it up tomorrow evening

HI altor got side tracked this evening. if your still on line, we might do another bit. if not we can pick it up tomorrow evening

Hi johnnyb6,

How did you get on setting up the different part guards?

i didnt do them as i didnt know the make up to use to solve my problem.

i didnt do them as i didnt know the make up to use to solve my problem.

0 downarrow 4 going out front door with everything on. With entry/exit timer
    0 downarrow 5 is a quick arm with out a code. With no entry/exit timer (all zones on).
    0 downarrow 7 switch alarm on from bed room with PIRs on. With no entry/exit timer (all zones on).
    0 downarrow 8 switch alarm on from bed room with PIRs off.

If this is the set up you need to go into the zone attributes for the zones with the 2 PIRs and select P2. This will put the both PIRs off in part guard 2 (0 downarrow 8)

these are the 4 i had originally. however can i change o downarrow 5 so i can leave house with beams off so dog can walk around house

• Advertisement

these are the 4 i had originally. however can i change o downarrow 5 so i can leave house with beams off so dog can walk around house

If you go into the miscellaneous menu, then into the part guard menu, you can set up a timed part guard. 0 downarrow 5 is just a quick arm with out using a code.

timed park guard is set to off. do i change this to on

timed park guard is set to off. do i change this to on

Yes.

set to on now. what next

set to on now. what next

Users menu for a new user code and engineer code. You can set up the user attributes in there also for if you want to inhibit zones, manager menu.

i dont know what i have to do

i dont know what i have to do

Go to users menu, users codes, new code, enter code. re enter code to confirm.
    Same with the engineer code.
    To set up user attributes, go to the user options menu in the user menu.

when i go into users codes it sats 01 code in use. when i page down it says 02 code unused

when i go into users codes it sats 01 code in use. when i page down it says 02 code unused

01 code is the default 1122 code, press the correct sign and it will allow you enter a new code, press the correct sign, then confirm the code and press the correct arrow to finish. Do the same for the engineer code. User 02 has no set code unless you set one up the same way as user 01.

that sorted now

• Advertisement

that sorted now

Timers menu to set time and date. Also since you dont have any panic buttons installed you can activate a panic on the keypad. To do this go into the miscellaneous menu, PA menu, scroll to up arrow down arrow. Turn this on to enable a panic on the keypad. Have you tested all the zones on the system?

i had time and datedone all ready and enabled pa now.what does this do for me and do you mean have i set each zone off

i had time and datedone all ready and enabled pa now.what does this do for me and do you mean have i set each zone off

It is a panic, it will activate a full alarm if pressed.
    Yes, go into walk test in maintenance and test each zone, open/close each window and door and tap the shock part of any sensors you have installed. Any zone that has shocks installed you will need to set the gross and pulse for them in the gross and pulse of the zone menu. Set them on 4-5 depending on how sensitive they are when you test them. You may want to do the walk test tomorrow as the internal bell will sound as you test them :D

what do i press to activate the panic alarm if i need it

what do i press to activate the panic alarm if i need it

Press the up and down arrow together.
    Have you a second keypad?

yes in bed room

yes in bed room

This will also need to be enrolled if it is not working, go into outputs/remotes. and install remotes. The dip switches on the keypads will already of being set up. KK**** will come up if there are two keypads.

done this and kk with two stars came up

done this and kk with two stars came up

A few other things you may want to change are.
    In the miscellaneous menu, arm/disarm, rearms options. Set this to 3 rearms.
    System timers, internal and external bell times change to 15 minutes.
    Then testing the systems sensors and that should be the system programmed.

• Advertisement

i cant find system timers. i am signing out now altor. hopefully we will sort it tomrooow. thanks again for all you have done

Advertisement