Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALARM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

hi altor, back again. i checked beams and they fine, i programmed all the friction sensors to 5 and they all ok.is 5 less sensitive than 4.
    when alarm activated i had no code to turn it off, so after alot of time and bad language i put in users code and this worked. should i have a code to turn off alarm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The user codes are the codes for turning it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    hi altor, back again. i checked beams and they fine, i programmed all the friction sensors to 5 and they all ok.is 5 less sensitive than 4.
    when alarm activated i had no code to turn it off, so after alot of time and bad language i put in users code and this worked. should i have a code to turn off alarm

That is good that everything is working. 5 is middle of the sensitivity range. 1 is the most sensitive and 9 the lease sensitive. 0 would be off.

The user code is what is used to arm and disarm your alarm system.
    You would of changed this in the user menu.

i had 7 digit number originally beginning with 0. now the bad news, the only code that is correct is odownarrow4. this allows me leave with full alarm.

o downarrow 5 is still same. when i put it on . there was no leave time ane it went off when i opened door and no buzzer. the beams were on too and i wanted them off so i can leave and let dog to walk around. the other too codes wrong too

i had 7 digit number originally beginning with 0. now the bad news, the only code that is correct is odownarrow4. this allows me leave with full alarm.

o downarrow 5 is still same. when i put it on . there was no leave time ane it went off when i opened door and no buzzer. the beams were on too and i wanted them off so i can leave and let dog to walk around. the other too codes wrong too

0 downarrow 4 going out front door with everything on. With entry/exit timer
    0 downarrow 5 is a quick arm with out a code. With no entry/exit timer (all zones on).
    0 downarrow 7 switch alarm on from bed room with PIRs on. With entry/exit timer (all zones on).
    0 downarrow 8 switch alarm on from bed room with PIRs off. With entry/exit timer.

Did 0 downarrow 8 work?

• Advertisement

o downarrow 8 in bedroom when on , had buzzer on and leave now up on display. beams still on.however it down stairs i need this but with beam off

o downarrow 8 in bedroom when on , had buzzer on and leave now up on display. beams still on.however it down stairs i need this but with beam off

Go into the zone menu and then into the zone attributes and select the part guard for the 2 zones. P2 is what you want to add in there.

when i do this and i pressok to p2, p21n comes up with flashing ok. i have clicked this as correct

when i do this and i pressok to p2, p21n comes up with flashing ok. i have clicked this as correct

That is correct, the (in) is the inhibit.

i guessing that the two beams off in this code now. but is o down arrow 8 for the keypad upstairs or can i use it down stairs

• Advertisement

i guessing that the two beams off in this code now. but is o down arrow 8 for the keypad upstairs or can i use it down stairs

It will work on either keypad.
    Did you test it to see if the PIRs are off?

sorry altor, i cant test it now as we have baby just asleep. will tomorrow be ok. is there any way the internal niise can be turned down or is this stupid question

sorry altor, i cant test it now as we have baby just asleep. will tomorrow be ok. is there any way the internal niise can be turned down or is this stupid question

All depends on the internal bell you have installed. If it is a sound bomb then there is no way around it.

how do i know

how do i know

This is a sound bomb.

are you saying there is nothing i can do about it so

are you saying there is nothing i can do about it so

Best off leaving it till tomorrow rather than disconnecting components.

are you saying it big job.
    can i recap, all going well with test tomorrow evening, i should have
    o downarrow 4 leave with full alarm
    0 downarrow 8 leave with no beams

are you saying it big job.
    can i recap, all going well with test tomorrow evening, i should have
    o downarrow 4 leave with full alarm
    0 downarrow 8 leave with no beams

You could disconnect the internal bell. Up to you. It is the first two terminals after the wiring for the keypad in the control panel. 23 and 24. Just make sure if you do that you take note of the cables going into each terminal as the external strobe is connected in there also.

Both should work.

i will leave bell till tomorrow but i was hoping it could have been turned down and not disconnected all together.

the quick code i had o downarrow 5 , which was alarm on, no beams and no leave time can i still have that

• Advertisement

i will leave bell till tomorrow but i was hoping it could have been turned down and not disconnected all together.

the quick code i had o downarrow 5 , which was alarm on, no beams and no leave time can i still have that

That code is a quick arm with everything on.
    As you need the entry/exit in part guard there is no way around this that I know of.

i used this if i in house and wasnt going out. i cant do this anymore so. its not a problem if this cant be

i used this if i in house and wasnt going out. i cant do this anymore so. its not a problem if this cant be

It is a quick set of the whole system, only in part guard can a zone be set up this way.

can i sort out a code where i can turn alarm on from bed room with out beams and leave time and buzzer. o downarrow 8 used to do this

can i sort out a code where i can turn alarm on from bed room with out beams and leave time and buzzer. o downarrow 8 used to do this

It will give you the entry/exit timer as part guard has being set up this way.
    If you open the keypad in the bedroom there is a little pot that controls the volume in the keypad. This can be turned down to suit.

so because i have part guard set up in 0 down arrow8, are you saying this dictates what i can do in other codes

Just had a look at the manual there and you can turn off the buzzer for entry and or exit for part guard.

Miscellaneous menu, arm/disarm menu. scroll to buzz bell options.
    PrtEx Buz ON/OFF
    PrtEn Buz ON/OFF

so because i have part guard set up in 0 down arrow8, are you saying this dictates what i can do in other codes

No, there are two part guards to allow you set them up differently.
    0 down arrow 8 is P2, we hopefully have this set up so that you can set it with the 2 PIRs off.
    We will find out if it is set up correctly when you test it.

but if i do this will it turn off buzzer in all the codes

• Advertisement

but if i do this will it turn off buzzer in all the codes

It will turn off the buzzer when you set the system for part guard.
    Full set will still give you the entry/exit buzzer.
    To be honest I would use the pot in the keypad to turn the volume down and if it is annoying then turn off the buzzer in the panel settings.

Advertisement