Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALARM

Options
  • 17-05-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a ARITECH alarm system in my house and I wonder could someone help me as I want to change settings on my system so i can go out front door and leave motion sensors off as I want to leave dog walking around house with alarm on :).

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moving this to Home Security Systems.
    Do you have engineer access to this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Hi KoolKid , I am afraid I do not have engineers access to this panel and I dont know where to get these codes

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The default engineer code is 01278.
    If that doesn't work then it has been changed by the installer.
    There is an option to default it:
    Turn off the mains power & open the main control panel & disconnect the battery. Remove the factory link marked LK1 & power the system up again. If the display shows the language select screen it has been defaulted. Select arrow up 1 for english.
    Disarm with the default user code 01122
    The default engineer code 01278 will now work.
    Beware : You will need to reprogramme the system from scratch.
    If this does not work then the panel is engineer locked. You will need an engineer callout to reset the system for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi I have a ARITECH alarm system in my house and I wonder could someone help me as I want to change settings on my system so i can go out front door and leave motion sensors off as I want to leave dog walking around house with alarm on :).

Another option is to inhibit the zone when arming the system.
    You will need to see if your user code allows the inhibit option.

Thanks alot KoolKid , I will attack it tomorrow evening when I have more time. If your code is accepted , what do I do then. I have four programmes in the system at the moment and will I have to deleat one of these to add another one.

• Advertisement

Thanks alot KoolKid , I will attack it tomorrow evening when I have more time. If your code is accepted , what do I do then. I have four programmes in the system at the moment and will I have to deleat one of these to add another one.

All information will be lost and the system will need to be reprogrammed if you default the system. If it does work you will get all the help you need here to set the system back up.

Hi Altor , do you mean I will have to inhabit this zone every time I go out

Hi Altor , do you mean I will have to inhabit this zone every time I go out

Hi johnnyb6,
    Yes, that is correct. Another option is to keep the dog away from the PIR or get a pet motion installed.

If your code is accepted , what do I do then. I have four programmes in the system at the moment and will I have to deleat one of these to add another one.

If the code is accepted the system will have been returned to factory settings.
    You will have to reprogramme
    Time/date
    user codes
    Zone Types/Attributs /names etc
    When you say 4 programmes what do you mean?

Hi ALTOR , I will attack it tomorrow evening and If I get bogged down I might get back onto you if thats ok.

• Advertisement

Hi ALTOR , I will attack it tomorrow evening and If I get bogged down I might get back onto you if thats ok.

Do johnnyb6, You will get all the information you need here ;)

The 4 programmes are,
    04 downarrow going out front door with everything on
    05 downarrow allows you to walk around house with beams off, but if you open front door it goes off.
    07 downarrow switch alarm on from bed room with sensors on
    08 downarrow switch alarm on from bed room with sensors off

Its a CS450 you have.
    They are called quick codes & they can be turned on/off in the engineer settings.
    You will need to reset the zone attributes for whats off on the 2 part sets
    0 arrow down 7 &
    0 arrow down 8

The 4 programmes are,
    04 downarrow going out front door with everything on
    05 downarrow allows you to walk around house with beams off, but if you open front door it goes off.
    07 downarrow switch alarm on from bed room with sensors on
    08 downarrow switch alarm on from bed room with sensors off

This can all be set up again when you reprogram the system.

hi I have powered down the alarm system and removed the jp1. the key pad is now showing maintenance. where do i go from here please

hi I have powered down the alarm system and removed the jp1. the key pad is now showing maintenance. where do i go from here please

You need to find out how the zones are configured. Zone loops. The easiest way is to check the the last sensor or even in the panel on a zone if there are resistors fitted. Two resistors will be a dual loop.

Basic settings you will be setting are time/date, codes, zone types, zone gross/pulse, zone names, partsets.

I AM SORRY BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY CHECK LAST SENSOR

I AM SORRY BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY CHECK LAST SENSOR

A loop of sensors may consist of a couple of windows. The last sensor is usually where the resistors if fitted go. There is usually one cable going into the last sensor, if a sensor is in the middle of the loop there will be two cables going into the sensor. You of course are looking for the last sensor with one cable going into it.

I HAVE A YELLOW WIRE GOING INTO INPUT 7. THIS COMES FROM A CABLE WHICH I USED TO ALARM SHED FEW YEARS AGO. A RESISTER IS FITTED TO THE BLUE WIRE IN THIS CABLE

I HAVE A YELLOW WIRE GOING INTO INPUT 7. THIS COMES FROM A CABLE WHICH I USED TO ALARM SHED FEW YEARS AGO. A RESISTER IS FITTED TO THE BLUE WIRE IN THIS CABLE

That is single end of line. The zone loop for each zone wired this way is alarm.
    Any with two resistors will be set up as dual.

• Advertisement

I HAVE A LIST OF WHAT EACH ZONE COVERS, IS THAT ANY HELP

I HAVE A LIST OF WHAT EACH ZONE COVERS, IS THAT ANY HELP

Yes it does. You need to go into zone names and put in the names. If you have any panic buttons change the zone type to suit in the zone menu also.

Can you also take the caps off your reply's.

Thank you..

I have this done now, sorry for being so slow. The slip of paper taped on inside of control panel also has serious of numbers going from 34 to 44 with different areas after each one.

I have this done now, sorry for being so slow. The slip of paper taped on inside of control panel also has serious of numbers going from 34 to 44 with different areas after each one.

Had you got different areas with different user codes set up on the system?

Hi altor I have the zones 1 to 10 put in with different areas given to each

Hi altor I have the zones 1 to 10 put in with different areas given to each

Hi johnnyb6,

You need to set up these zones as entry/exit for front door or if there is an access zone like a PIR accordingly. Zones with a panic need to be set up as a panic of a fire zone needs to be set up for fire.

Hi altor
    thanks fer your reply , sorry only logging on now. I have no pir zones or panic zones. How do i go about setting up the jones as entry/exit zones

Hi altor
    thanks fer your reply , sorry only logging on now. I have no pir zones or panic zones. How do i go about setting up the jones as entry/exit zones

If you know the zone go into this zone and set the zone type as entry/exit.

Sorry for been so stupid but how do i know which is which, eg. zone 3 is kitchen sink.

• Advertisement

Sorry for been so stupid but how do i know which is which, eg. zone 3 is kitchen sink.

Did you not have a list of names?

If you go into maintenance, show open zones and open the front door this will indicate the zone on the keypad.

Advertisement