Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALARM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

i have the zones and the area they cover put in already

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    i have the zones and the area they cover put in already

Yes but you must change the zone type to be entry/exit for an entry door, is this what you did?

when i go into this, zone 10 which is shed and cabinet tamper comes up. i will check this out

when i go into this, zone 10 which is shed and cabinet tamper comes up. i will check this out

The cabinet tamper is the lid on the control panel.
    Is there a link across terminals 16 and 17 in the control panel?

i have sorted the tamper zone but zone 10 which is beam in shed is flashing on and off so i cant set front door to exit

• Advertisement

i have sorted the tamper zone but zone 10 which is beam in shed is flashing on and off so i cant set front door to exit

Down power the PIR then power it back up. Some PIRs need a warm up time to settle.

the wiring for the beam in shed has white wire to16 and green to 17

how do i do this

the wiring for the beam in shed has white wire to16 and green to 17

That is the tamper for the device.

how do i do this

Go to the PIR and remove the positive supply core to the PIR.

• Advertisement

what you mean when you say pir

what you mean when you say pir

PIR is a Beam.

i have removed all wires connecting shed beam to system and put them all back but zone 10 still flashing

i have removed all wires connecting shed beam to system and put them all back but zone 10 still flashing

You can change the zone type to unused. If you don't you will need to put the resistor across the terminal in the control panel.

i need shed alarmed. i have resister on blue wire going to shed. this wire is connected to nothing

i need shed alarmed. i have resister on blue wire going to shed. this wire is connected to nothing

In the PIR you should have then the green white tamper. Red and black power and blue and yellow for alarm?

just realised that the wire with resister had fallen out of terminal 8. all zones closed now. zone 9 is zone for front door so how do i set this to enter/exit

just realised that the wire with resister had fallen out of terminal 8. all zones closed now. zone 9 is zone for front door so how do i set this to enter/exit

Go into zone 9 and change the zone type to entry/exit. Also as you defaulted the system zone 1 would have defaulted to entry/exit. Change this zone type to alarm if not used as an entry point.

zone 1 is sincer to front door zone 9 is contact to front door. do i still continue with what you said

zone 1 is sincer to front door zone 9 is contact to front door. do i still continue with what you said

Leave it as entry/exit so.

• Advertisement

in zone types now i have zone 1 and 9 as enter/exit and all rest are alarm. is this correct

in zone types now i have zone 1 and 9 as enter/exit and all rest are alarm. is this correct

That is correct.

have you time todo another bit

have you time todo another bit

Always happy to help...

what do i have to do next

what do i have to do next

Time, date, user codes, user attributes, engineer code. If you don't have PIRs in your home then you don't have much to do with part guard on the system.

i have two beams in house

i have two beams in house

You will need to go into the zones that have the PIRs on and set them up for part guard. If one of the PIRs are on route from the front door to your keypad this will also nee to be set up for access.

one of beams in kitchen and 1 on landing. key pad just at front door so beams not affected. as i said i want to be able to key in code that alarms house and keeps beems off to allow dog to walk around. i also want to be able to have code where i can alarm house with these beams on when i take dog out

• Advertisement

one of beams in kitchen and 1 on landing. key pad just at front door so beams not affected. as i said i want to be able to key in code that alarms house and keeps beems off to allow dog to walk around. i also want to be able to have code where i can alarm house with these beams on when i take dog out

That is how the part guard works.
    Go into the zone menu and then into the zone attributes and select the part guard for the 2 zones.
    There are 2 part guards so I assume you had them set up that part guard 1 disabled both PIRs and part guard 2 disabled the PIR on the landing and left the PIR in the kitchen on.

If so go into the zone with the PIR in the kitchen attributes and add just P1
    Then into the PIR on the landing and add both P1 and P2.

Advertisement