Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALARM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    i cant find system timers. i am signing out now altor. hopefully we will sort it tomrooow. thanks again for all you have done

Always happy to help..
    Timers menu, Bell times. Change the internal and external time to 15 minutes. This will cut the bells off after the 15 minutes has elapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

hi alton, when i go into bell times, i get these choices
    bell cut out 20
    bell delay
    all bells cut off
    digi cutout off
    which one should i go into

hi alton, when i go into bell times, i get these choices
    bell cut out 20
    bell delay
    all bells cut off
    digi cutout off
    which one should i go into

Hi johnnyb6,

Set bell cutout to 15, set bell delay to 00 and all bells cut off to on.

that done now alton. didnt get chance to test zones as i didnt get home till late. will this affect us

that done now alton. didnt get chance to test zones as i didnt get home till late. will this affect us

The internal bell will sound when you test them. It is a must to make sure they are working correctly.

• Advertisement

wil this bell just ring once as i activate each zone or will i have to put code i each time to turn it off

wil this bell just ring once as i activate each zone or will i have to put code i each time to turn it off

It will ring for a second or two as you tap and open the devices.
    You will be in walk test in maintenance. Scroll to each zone as you test the devices on each loop.

all my windows have friction sensors so i will tap each one. all going well will do it tomorrow evening. i assume we cant do any more now

all my windows have friction sensors so i will tap each one. all going well will do it tomorrow evening. i assume we cant do any more now

That is all that is left to do.
    Testing the system is the most important part.

are you saying its set up the way i want then.

• Advertisement

are you saying its set up the way i want then.

Should be, any questions?

thats brill. i had tought that i would have to go into my codes and tick each zone i wanted activated under that code. its strange as we didnt have to use the 0 down arrow 4 5 7 8 directly but we still programmed them

thats brill. i had tought that i would have to go into my codes and tick each zone i wanted activated under that code. its strange as we didnt have to use the 0 down arrow 4 5 7 8 directly but we still programmed them

They are quick sets, we did set up the 0 downarrow 8 in zone attributes for to have the two PIRs in the house off.
    User attributes are hopefully set up but it is not a big job to add them if you need them.
    When you test the system will will find out if anything is missing :D

when i test the system tomorrow , do you want me to put in codes as if i was leaving house and going to bed or will i just check zones

when i test the system tomorrow , do you want me to put in codes as if i was leaving house and going to bed or will i just check zones

Yes, check everything.
    All windows, doors and PIRs.
    Full sets.
    Part guard.
    Panic on the keypad.
    Inhibits.

what do you mean when you say check inhibits

what do you mean when you say check inhibits

Leave the back door open and check that you can inhibit the zone when setting the system. It is explained on page 14 of the user manual. You never know when you will need it.

i just have couple questions, during walk test if there is more than 1 windiw in zone and i hit it and bell goes off for secons and stops, can i then hit next window to check it. is system still set.

2, to put in the main codes to activate alarm, i have to exit the set up . do i do this by clicking good bye

i just have couple questions, during walk test if there is more than 1 windiw in zone and i hit it and bell goes off for secons and stops, can i then hit next window to check it. is system still set.

That is correct, once the zone number has being selected on the keypad then you can test each sensor on that zone once the bell stops ringing indicating that the sensor is connected to the zone and is working.
    2, to put in the main codes to activate alarm, i have to exit the set up . do i do this by clicking good bye

That is correct, exit engineer mode and test each of the functions that have being programmed.

one last one for today, in future if i need to go into maintenance or engineers mode , how do i do it with out powering down system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

KoolKid wrote: »
    The default engineer code is 01278.
    If that doesn't work then it has been changed by the installer.
    There is an option to default it:
    Turn off the mains power & open the main control panel & disconnect the battery. Remove the factory link marked LK1 & power the system up again. If the display shows the language select screen it has been defaulted. Select arrow up 1 for english.
    Disarm with the default user code 01122
    The default engineer code 01278 will now work.
    Beware : You will need to reprogramme the system from scratch.
    If this does not work then the panel is engineer locked. You will need an engineer callout to reset the system for you.

Do you not think this kind of information should be kept out of the public domain. Maybe use P M instead

one last one for today, in future if i need to go into maintenance or engineers mode , how do i do it with out powering down system

In the users menu, scroll to engineer code and set up a code for engineer access to the panel. Different code to your user code.
    When you need to get back into engineering just enter this code on the keypad.
    Make sure you have replaced the factory link you removed when defaulting the system or on the next complete power down all the information you have programmed will be lost.

midlands1 wrote: »
    Do you not think this kind of information should be kept out of the public domain. Maybe use P M instead

No, it is all in the engineer manuals that are freely available to anyone buying a control panel. Nothing secretive about it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is no proplem with whats posted. Altor is only repeating what is freely available in the manuals or from a phone call to GE tech support.
    Information on defaulting unlocked panels is freely available.
    Thats why I would never leave a panel without an engineer lock.

i set up users and engineers codes last night. are these the codes i will need . and can i replace the factory link tomorrow before walk test

i set up users and engineers codes last night. are these the codes i will need . and can i replace the factory link tomorrow before walk test

That is correct.
    I would connect it tonight if you can. A full power loss to the control panel will bring the panel back to factory settings and it will need to be reprogrammed again.

not a problem. i will touch base tomorrow after the test. thanks for all your super help alton

not a problem. i will touch base tomorrow after the test. thanks for all your super help alton

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome, always happy to help :D

whats being discussed here is the kind of stuff that doesn't need to be out in the open

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is no problem with posting information that's already in the public domain.
    let's leave it at that and keep the thread on topic.

Advertisement