Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALARM

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

thats what i will do altor, i assume its easy to open keypad.
    in o down arrow 7 for upstaire the beams are still on so i will have to turn them off if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    thats what i will do altor, i assume its easy to open keypad.
    in o down arrow 7 for upstaire the beams are still on so i will have to turn them off if possible

Just put the system into engineering, take out the screw underneath and you will see the keypad releases from the bottom.

You have no need for 0 down arrow 7.
    0 down arrow 8 is going to turn off the two PIRs for you.

sorry altor. i had forgotten that i can use o downarrow 8 on both key pads. i will turn down volume tomorrow. and test it. hopefully it will be sorted and i will stop bothering you. cheers

sorry altor. i had forgotten that i can use o downarrow 8 on both key pads. i will turn down volume tomorrow. and test it. hopefully it will be sorted and i will stop bothering you. cheers

It is no bother at all :D

When you open the keypad you will need to hold the tamper switch, come out of engineering to set the system to adjust the volume to suit.
    Just remember to go back into engineering mode before you let go of the switch when finished ;)

hi altor. back again. i put key pad into engineers mode and took off cover but tamper switch didnt gp off. turned down volune anyway.

few problems with alarm. when i put codes in down stairs , the alarm sets fine , but when i activate it all that happens is the key pad keeps beeping. no alarm activates

• Advertisement

hi altor. back again. i put key pad into engineers mode and took off cover but tamper switch didnt gp off. turned down volune anyway.

few problems with alarm. when i put codes in down stairs , the alarm sets fine , but when i activate it all that happens is the key pad keeps beeping. no alarm activates

Hi johnnyb6,

Can you go into Maintenance, scroll to show open zones and see if there is something open?

all zones closed altor. i think you misunderstood me. the alarm sets ok but when i open door or hit friction sensor to set it off, the key pad just beeps intermittenly

all zones closed altor. i think you misunderstood me. the alarm sets ok but when i open door or hit friction sensor to set it off, the key pad just beeps intermittenly

What is on the zone you are hitting?

i opened front door which has contact and hit window which has friction sensor

i opened front door which has contact and hit window which has friction sensor

The front door should give you the beep as this is an entry/exit point.
    Can you test the window in walk test to confirm the zone it is on and then check what the zone type is. It should be alarm.

• Advertisement

altor sorry i getting mixed up. yes i opened front door to test alarm and thats what caused beeping. i hit windows while doing another test. i changed sensetivity in friction sensors as i tought 5 was too sharp. i put them to 7.

my last problem is when i put the two codes into key pad upstairs and have buzzes sound turned down in pad, it still buzzes on pad down stairs, which is as bad

altor sorry i getting mixed up. yes i opened front door to test alarm and thats what caused beeping. i hit windows while doing another test. i changed sensetivity in friction sensors as i tought 5 was too sharp. i put them to 7.

my last problem is when i put the two codes into key pad upstairs and have buzzes sound turned down in pad, it still buzzes on pad down stairs, which is as bad

I would not set it too high starting off, if you do have false alarms from the zone due to sensitivity then you could adjust the setting.

You will have to do the same with the pot in the keypad downstairs so but don't turn it off completely.

do you think 7 is too high so

is that usual that when you program one key pad and ste it they will both beep for the 30 seconds

do you think 7 is too high so

is that usual that when you program one key pad and ste it they will both beep for the 30 seconds

4-5 is usually more than enough but they have to be tested to confirm.
    When you have 2 keypads set up on the system they will.
    Dont forget we have the part guard and the full set set up with the entry/exit timer. That is why you are getting the beeps when setting the system.

i will change sensors again tomorrom. when i setting them off, i hitting windows from inside and next to sensor and this is givins impression they more sensitive than they are

i will change sensors again tomorrom. when i setting them off, i hitting windows from inside and next to sensor and this is givins impression they more sensitive than they are

I would set them at 5 and see how you get on.
    Set the alarm also tonight.

i will altor and c how it goes. i will sign off now and let you know tomorrow how it goes.
    thanks again for all your help

i will altor and c how it goes. i will sign off now and let you know tomorrow how it goes.
    thanks again for all your help

Your welcome johnnyb6, Let us know how you get on over the next couple of days but as far as programming the system that should all be sorted now.

hi altor, alarm went perfect last night. i didnt put it on today as i dont want to be away for day in case it goes off and dog here on his own as its quiet loud.

i also set the friction sensors to 5

i will let you know on monday how alarm is going, even though i dont expect anything to be wrong.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP ALTOR, AND DOG FEELS SAFER TOO.

hi altor, alarm went perfect last night. i didnt put it on today as i dont want to be away for day in case it goes off and dog here on his own as its quiet loud.

i also set the friction sensors to 5

i will let you know on monday how alarm is going, even though i dont expect anything to be wrong.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP ALTOR, AND DOG FEELS SAFER TOO.

That is great johnnyb6.
    I would of set it today also to see if everything was OK with the system but since you had no problems during the night i cant see there being any issues.
    The system is also now set to reset after 15 minutes if you do have an activation.

• Advertisement

hi altor, alarm going fine so far with no activations. it should be sorted now. thanks again for all the help. its greatly appreciated

hi altor, alarm going fine so far with no activations. it should be sorted now. thanks again for all the help. its greatly appreciated

Thanks for getting back to us johnnyb6 and delighted to hear all is well with the alarm. If you ever have any problems, you know where we are :D

Advertisement