Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How stuck for news is 'De Leader'?

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

I was baffled by this one:

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/560310/we-very-seldom-dive-into-the-female-characters-admits-cursed-star-katherine-langford.html

There has to be a Limerick link yeah? I just can't find it though!
    Nor I. Anyone noticed nearly all the stories on Live 95fm website are celeb gossip and tittle tattle, not much local news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Eugene must be below in Lahinch on holidays and the interns have taken over the newspaper...

Not sure if this thread is considered a zombie one but I have a question. Why are there so many articles about schools and teachers? And it's always saying how great this teacher is and how great this school is.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had a look at the recent stores, seems fairly common for local news. Could be in your head!
    Frequency illusion, also known as the Baader–Meinhof phenomenon, is a cognitive bias in which, after noticing something for the first time, there is a tendency to notice it more often, leading someone to believe that it has a high frequency (a form of selection bias).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This surely takes the biscuit?

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/605180/massive-annoyance-atspeed-vans-spotin-limerick-village.html

Cllr saying GoSafe van catching speeding motorists shouldnt be catching motorists because its parked outside a church

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mc Love wrote: »
    This surely takes the biscuit?

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/605180/massive-annoyance-atspeed-vans-spotin-limerick-village.html

Cllr saying GoSafe van catching speeding motorists shouldnt be catching motorists because its parked outside a church

I cringe whenever my hometown hits the headlines. Usually something about drugs or stupidity.

It's a good spot for a van. People speed up and down there quite often.

"If you are rushing to get to Mass in Kilmallock you could easily find yourself before a judge after you’ve been before the Lord."

I'm sure the lord won't mind you being a few minutes late. Here's another idea. Leave your house early.

Hopefull having a speed van lurking in an area where elderly people would go to mass and young people would go to school might prevent them "meeting the lord" way before their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Isn't that church right across from a school as well, I gather both are not open but of course when they are open you would like to think people would learn that it is not an area to speed "just in case"

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

This is clearly chronicling an epic battle between God and Satan himself. Thank goodness for the local press covering this.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I laughed at this. Classic Leader clickbait & clarification.

Lot of dough to be invested in former Domino's business in Limerick village

In the second paragraph:

The former Domino’s business – a hairdressers and not a pizzeria

Advertisement