Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

D.Q wrote:
    "tesco do these cheap sandwich bags, very light material. No zip locks or anything. Just little small clear sandwich bags. Triple wrap your spirits, place it south.

just thinking there breast milk storage bags are very reliable. no need to triple wrap then I suppose. not sure if I'm going to regret this post 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Folks few weeks to go yet -lookin forward to this

anyone want to predict the set list ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

snoopy84 wrote: »
    just thinking there breast milk storage bags are very reliable. no need to triple wrap then I suppose. not sure if I'm going to regret this post ��
    ea6bb80d3fb3b233f78dd0707b378412.jpg

beer-belly.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭klose

The set lists in Europe are looking great so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Going on the first leg you'd be looking at something like this:

Hardwired
    Disposable Heroes/Memory Remains
    Ride the Lightning
    God That Failed
    Unforgiven
    Here Comes Revenge/Other Hardwired Song
    Moth Into Flame
    Sad But True
    Pretty Random but sometimes Sanitarium/No Leaf Clover
    Frantic/St Anger
    One
    MOP
    Bells
    Creeping Death
    S&D

Lords of Summer/Spit
    NEM
    Sandman

They will mix it up some bit - some of songs 2,3,4,6,9,10,16 will probably change

Wouldn't surprise me that in the St Anger slot we get a Death Magnetic song this leg

Edit to say Whisky in the Jar is probably a shoe in..... unfortunately:(

• Advertisement

Can’t wait!

Whiskey in the jar will surely make an appearance yeh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Can’t wait!

Hopefully just as part of Rob/Kirk's jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Personally given its inevitable be grand if it replaced the St. Anger song and brought back Blackened as first encore. Failing that just have it replace the first encore it's undoubtably preferable to Lords and Spit is overrated for me and already robbed me of Blackened in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

See a lot of fresh posters have gone up all over the city centre the last few days.

m22.jpg

Wonder how's it selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Can’t wait!

Hopefully not...though I'd take it over Memory Remains or Frantic or St. Anger.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

The Memory Remains is a great live song!

But yeah, if it had to be on the songlist i'd take it in the St Anger or LOS slot. LOS such a bad fit for the encore slot. Blackened, Battery, Fight Fire with Fire all great options!

Penfailed wrote: »
    Hopefully not...though I'd take it over Memory Remains or Frantic or St. Anger.

Why no love for whiskey? They do a great version

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Whiskey is a contentious issue due to knobjockys shouting for it from after the intro to the end of the gig... Thus disrupting the bands flow... Metallica fixed this issue last time by playing it 3rd...

Whiskey is a contentious issue due to knobjockys shouting for it from after the intro to the end of the gig... Thus disrupting the bands flow... Metallica fixed this issue last time by playing it 3rd...

Ahhh right. I can see how that would be annoying alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Slane Farm Campsite just posted this QnA

https://www.facebook.com/174338729822/posts/10156855491919823/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So it begins, countless posts on a post MCD made on their FB offering half price tickets, people can't attend, looks like my prediction of picking one up outside for a score could be right on the money

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

They might do a great version but it takes up space in the setlist that could easily be filled by one of their much better songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

scudzilla wrote: »
    So it begins, countless posts on a post MCD made on their FB offering half price tickets, people can't attend, looks like my prediction of picking one up outside for a score could be right on the money

Where are you seeing this? Has the post since been removed?

glucifer wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this? Has the post since been removed?

I seen it a few hours ago and then 20mins ago, can i find it now, can i fcuk, think it was some sort of mcd promo post on fb, if i come across it again i'll post it. About 10 people offering half price tickets

I seen it a few hours ago and then 20mins ago, can i find it now, can i fcuk, think it was some sort of mcd promo post on fb, if i come across it again i'll post it. About 10 people offering half price tickets

Ah, I get ya. I thought MCD were offering half price tickets! Ya, I've seen a load of tickets going cheap on FB, 50 bucks but that will drop over the next 2 weeks for sure. I've no idea how many tickets will have sold but I expect radio stations to be mad giving em away over the next 2 weeks

• Advertisement

Ah, I get ya. I thought MCD were offering half price tickets! Ya, I've seen a load of tickets going cheap on FB, 50 bucks but that will drop over the next 2 weeks for sure. I've no idea how many tickets will have sold but I expect radio stations to be mad giving em away over the next 2 weeks

I'll be getting there around lunchtime, sit outside with a few beers, mate is coming over from Wales and he's panicking about not having a ticket :pac::pac:

I reckon i'll pay 20quid for one, but hoping to pick up a gold circle one for maybe 40

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

You don’t half like telling everyone do you? I know if I want go (I am), I’ll buy online to get it done and dusted and plan the day ahead (buses, friends etc). Some people have no interest scrubbing around for the sake of saving 50 quid so are ok with paying face value online.

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    You don’t half like telling everyone do you? I know if I want go (I am), I’ll buy online to get it done and dusted and plan the day ahead (buses, friends etc). Some people have no interest scrubbing around for the sake of saving 50 quid so are ok with paying face value online.

Well done

Anyone going to enter for M&G/Snakepit tomorrow?
    https://www.metallica.com/contests

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Anyone going to enter for M&G/Snakepit tomorrow?
    https://www.metallica.com/contests

You might as well theres no harm in trying i can imagine not many bought that package and if the turnout is poor theyll give away loads

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kegg

Can ya just turn up on the day, and buy a ticket at the gate/ticket office?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'll be getting there around lunchtime, sit outside with a few beers, mate is coming over from Wales and he's panicking about not having a ticket :pac::pac:

I reckon i'll pay 20quid for one, but hoping to pick up a gold circle one for maybe 40

I’m hoping to do something similar but I’ll be getting there earlier.

Arghus wrote: »
    They might do a great version but it takes up space in the setlist that could easily be filled by one of their much better songs.

Yeah but they will be playing in Slane.

The spiritual home of rock in Ireland.

Lizzy were a huge influence on them

Only right to pay tribute by doing whiskey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Yeah but they will be playing in Slane.

The spiritual home of rock in Ireland.

Lizzy were a huge influence on them

Only right to pay tribute by doing whiskey

How was the spice girls concert?

• Advertisement

How was the spice girls concert?

It was really good. Missus and kids loved it too.

Why is that relevant?

Advertisement