Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

D.Q wrote: »
    I have a feeling whiskey will be second after hardwired.

No it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

No it won't.

:pac::pac:
    Short and sweet with your contribution there.

I don't see where else it fits into the set. Memory remains is a similar pace, tone, era etc. Seems like the best fit swap to me.

Where do you see it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I don't see where else it fits into the set. Memory remains is a similar pace, tone, era etc. Seems like the best fit swap to me.

A few songs in or encore maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Just before the unforgiven I'd imagine, been a changing song for awhile
    Or not play it at all, but that's doubtful

Really hope its not an encore.

Waste of a slot and you'd have the chants all night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

As much as I’d love them not to play it, the offset is you’ll have to put up with shouts for it in between every song so it’s a lose lose situation unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's a pity they don't let the crowd choose what song to play, that would be cool!

It's a pity they don't let the crowd choose what song to play, that would be cool!

They did that a few years ago and it ended up being pretty much the same set again :pac::pac:

They did that a few years ago and it ended up being pretty much the same set again :pac::pac:

That's when they let the fans choose the whole setlist wasn't it?

I'm talking about an on-the-spot choice where they get the crowd to shout out a number of songs etc.

I'd hope Dyer's Eve won - they stopped playing that years ago because it was too fast and difficult for them :D Although I'd love to hear -Human or No Leaf Clover despite the lack of orchestra.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is there any chance they’ll bring out special guests over the evening.

Off top of my head I’d love to see the edge do battle of the axe with them on Enter Sandman

Also imagine some rock chick like Imelda May duetting with them on a few numbers. Epic

• Advertisement

Off top of my head I’d love to see the edge do battle of the axe with them on Enter Sandman

Also imagine some rock chick like Imelda May duetting with them on a few numbers. Epic

Both of those options sound horrendous.

Imelda May like hahaha

get the boat

• Registered Users Posts: 38,031 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That guy from Sweet Savage

Remember it feel so flat in 2009 almost nobody gave a ****

Both of those options sound horrendous.

Imelda May like hahaha

get the boat

Any other Irish rock chick come to mind so?

Dolores would’ve been brilliant either but unfortunately won’t happen now

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kg703

I’d hardly call Imelda May a rock chick :D

Don’t think we’ll see any special guests, don’t recall any at their gigs but I could be wrong.

Reading through the last few pages a few misery guts here. They’ll play whiskey.... they covered an Irish song, likely they’ll play it in Ireland. Most of us will enjoy it! I think the set list is pretty decent, a bit different to normal. I would like blackened back though ;)

Any other Irish rock chick come to mind so?

Dolores would’ve been brilliant either but unfortunately won’t happen now

I don't want any Irish rock chick anywhere near that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

kg703 wrote: »
    I’d hardly call Imelda May a rock chick :D

Don’t think we’ll see any special guests, don’t recall any at their gigs but I could be wrong.

Reading through the last few pages a few misery guts here. They’ll play whiskey.... they covered an Irish song, likely they’ll play it in Ireland. Most of us will enjoy it! I think the set list is pretty decent, a bit different to normal. I would like blackened back though ;)

You are right. Between people obsessing about sniffing around the front gate in pursuit of knock down price tickets, to slagging off the set list, to lamenting the poor sales before the gig has even occurred, there seem to be very few actual Metallica fans in here. Some are doing all three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    You are right. Between people obsessing about sniffing around the front gate in pursuit of knock down price tickets, to slagging off the set list, to lamenting the poor sales before the gig has even occurred, there seem to be very few actual Metallica fans in here. Some are doing all three.

You will have all the sound experts after the gig as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Duffy98 wrote: »
    I seriously doubt people paid €2,500 to be honest so there may be a good chance you also have to keep in mind that for every person that wins a second may be going automatically so itll fill up quick its some ridiculous price to be in there though. Ticket sales cant be as bad as there saying surely

I doubt they are, I'm just being hopeful on chances mostly :)
    I think I may have to try sneak in a hip flask of whiskey for when they play it now :pac:

It's a fun, cheesy song overall sure smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Was thinking about picking up a ticket for this, only problem is I'd be on my own, friends don't like metal, anyone here have any experience of going to gigs on their own? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Was thinking about picking up a ticket for this, only problem is I'd be on my own, friends don't like metal, anyone here have any experience of going to gigs on their own? Thanks.

I’ve gone to plenty of gigs on my own and enjoyed them. Never done a ‘festival’ type one though but I wouldn’t let going on your own stop you if you’re really into seeing the band.

• Advertisement

Where are the rumors about poor sales coming from?

Googled and checked Twitter and nothing much up.

Yes I don’t deny a Few tickets on sale but that’s to be expected when tens of thousands have been sold

I’m calling it fake news

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Jesus what's the big deal about if when and where they play whiskey, it's a song, they might play it they might not, who gives a **** either way, if they do enjoy it, if they don't enjoy the one they play instead

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Jesus what's the big deal about if when and where they play whiskey, it's a song, they might play it they might not, who gives a **** either way, if they do enjoy it, if they don't enjoy the one they play instead

As has been stated several times... It's not the song that's the issue it's the ***** calling for it loudly to the point of disruption

As has been stated several times... It's not the song that's the issue it's the ***** calling for it loudly to the point of disruption

Lads it’s Slane

SLANE!!!

The most mainstream rite of passage concert venue in the whole of Ireland.

Aka the big time.

We are far from fibbers rock club on a quiet Thursday night here lads and ladies.

If you think calls for whiskey are bad just wait til the Irish tricolor and Ole Ole Ole chants sh1te starts.

This WILL happen so if you are easily offended maybe this particular gig ain’t for you.

Also expect loads of drunken nonsense.

This is how mainstream all ages concerts are in Ireland.

I for one will be head banging to fcuk doin the devil horns sign and not giving 1 solitary fcuk!!

Hell I’m just stoked one of my fave ever bands are going to be gracing the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And yet the songs I mentioned are far better than Whiskey. There's more to Thin Lizzy than the aforementioned song, if only people would you know dig further than their hits.

maybe address this to Metallica for their bad selection and taste so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sometimes you just have to do it if you really want to see the band and there's no other way. Obviously, it's always better to have someone to share the experience with, but being by your lonesome is better than no experience at all. Big gigs can be better in some ways than small ones in this sense - once the band starts playing and if you're surrounded by like minded people all getting into it the same way you are then it's very easy to forget you are there by yourself and most of the time it isn't really the case - you're part of the crowd, amongst friends you didn't even know existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Ive gone to a few on my own you actually enjoy it way more being on your own there is no minding anyone or any of that and you often meet people at the gig who are sound enough to be honest it will be a great gig so you shouldnt be too bothered about being on your own

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Where are the rumors about poor sales coming from?

Googled and checked Twitter and nothing much up.

Yes I don’t deny a Few tickets on sale but that’s to be expected when tens of thousands have been sold

I’m calling it fake news

That gig was never going to be "sold out" cause that would mean the vip tickets would have to be sold out as well and they go up to 2 grand. Apparently they were asked if they would move to the RDS but who knows id say there will be 60k on the day and i reckon loads will be given away to boost the numbers

Duffy98 wrote: »
    That gig was never going to be "sold out" cause that would mean the vip tickets would have to be sold out as well and they go up to 2 grand. Apparently they were asked if they would move to the RDS but who knows id say there will be 60k on the day and i reckon loads will be given away to boost the numbers

Someone mentioned previously in the thread that Lars is against moving it to the RDS because he wants to tick Slane off his list of venues :rolleyes:

Never mind the fact that the RDS would probably be a much better option for people going to the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭endainoz

Never mind the fact that the RDS would probably be a much better option for people going to the gig.

*Dublin people

Advertisement