Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Someone mentioned previously in the thread that Lars is against moving it to the RDS because he wants to tick Slane off his list of venues :rolleyes:

Never mind the fact that the RDS would probably be a much better option for people going to the gig.

Only thing im worried about for Slane is how on earth are they going to power that stage for 2 and a half hours the last two Slane gigs have been shocking for keeping the screens on and having faults and looking at their stage they need like 6 of them on at the once hopefully they know what they are doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Only thing im worried about for Slane is how on earth are they going to power that stage for 2 and a half hours the last two Slane gigs have been shocking for keeping the screens on and having faults and looking at their stage they need like 6 of them on at the once hopefully they know what they are doing

There’s a link on the main Metallica thread about the tour and the logistics behind it. They bring their own generators.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

endainoz wrote: »
    *Dublin people

I'm from Tipp and I stand by my post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

From this Planet Rock article
    https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/metallica-worldwired-tour-in-numbers-statistics/
    6 - Generators. Even 80,000 seater national stadiums don’t have enough power to feed the Metallica show, so they bring 6 generators with them. They can kick out 2400 kw in total - enough to power 185 houses for a day.
    Aside from providing sheer power, the other reason they bring their own generators with them is to make everything is straightforward to setup night after night. As Lug explains, when moving from country to country, "It's all about consistency. It's as important as everything else, so we use the same video screens, same power, the same sound system." A generator technician and mechanic travel with the tour to make sure they don’t suddenly cut out mid-way through Battery...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I seriously doubt people paid €2,500 to be honest so there may be a good chance you also have to keep in mind that for every person that wins a second may be going automatically so itll fill up quick its some ridiculous price to be in there though. Ticket sales cant be as bad as there saying surely

That 2.2k package sold out within a day or two for slane. Actually think they were the first of the experiences to sell-out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That 2.5k package sold out within a day or two for slane.

The boom is back :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Slane will attract the event junkies of course. No problem with that, you'll have Taylor Swift and Spice girls fans at this. They've bought their tickets. Probably the only songs they'll know will be enter sandman and nothing else matters. Of the 40, 50 or 60 thousand people that will be going, you'll never get 100% Metallica fans, not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

The boom is back :eek:

They sell-out in nearly every city, think there's only 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kg703

Slane will attract the event junkies of course. No problem with that, you'll have Taylor Swift and Spice girls fans at this. They've bought their tickets. Probably the only songs they'll know will be enter sandman and nothing else matters. Of the 40, 50 or 60 thousand people that will be going, you'll never get 100% Metallica fans, not even close.

Hey, people can be fans of spice girls and Metallica ya know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Do you enter the barcode on the ticket to enter the snake pit contest is it or your order number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Considering I’m a fan since 1996 I have earned my Metallica superfan stripes ;)

But yes. There will be LOADS of event junkies at this. Especially if a fine weather day.

That’s the nature of Slane.

Warning. There will be drunk ppl who havnt a clue about Metallica at this.

Waving Irish flags.

Singing ole ole ole.

The horror !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

kg703 wrote: »
    Hey, people can be fans of spice girls and Metallica ya know ;)

:D

Do you enter the barcode on the ticket to enter the snake pit contest is it or your order number?

From their website.
    YOU MUST ALREADY HOLD A TICKET for the show and submit the confirmation number you received from the ticketing company.

So either depending on how you bought your ticket, check your emails, or hope you kept the receipt..

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

anyone got the link to enter the snake pit contest it should be open from today but i can seem to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,040 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anyone got the link to enter the snake pit contest it should be open from today but i can seem to find it

Think its 10am Pacific us time it's open

Best of luck

It opens at 6pm Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,995 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Lithium93_ wrote: »

where do you go on the site for it?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    where do you go on the site for it?

https://www.metallica.com/contests

Good luck to anyone who's entered..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Pat Courtenay played Hero Of The Day a while ago. Nearly lost my s**t in the car. Now THAT'S a song I'd love to hear at Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Where’s a good place to buy a second hand ticket?
    Don’t fancy paying full whack.

XsApollo wrote: »

toutless maybe

Entered both contests

Would love too win the snake pit pass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Hoboo

XsApollo wrote: »

Dolly Mitchells on the day, pub on the drogheda-slane road.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Entered both contests

Would love too win the snake pit pass

didnt even fcuking realise there was two, good man thanks

Hoboo wrote: »
    Dolly Mitchells on the day, pub on the drogheda-slane road.

Where was that photo taken that appeared in a Metallica archive book years ago which was taken somewhere in Ireland in the early days ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Where was that photo taken that appeared in a Metallica archive book years ago which was taken somewhere in Ireland in the early days ?

Quick Google search says Kilsaran, Co. Louth. 2 weeks before Cliff's tragic passing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/7wuk6d/metallica_in_ireland_in_1986_just_two_weeks/

Quick Google search says Kilsaran, Co. Louth. 2 weeks before Cliff's tragic passing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/7wuk6d/metallica_in_ireland_in_1986_just_two_weeks/

Fitting location for 2 weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kevbrady38

Was thinking thinking back to GnR today. The food trucks on the camp site ran out of food, not even a bag of chips left. Lucky I brought a load of munch but people got very very pissed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Kevbrady38 wrote: »
    Was thinking thinking back to GnR today. The food trucks on the camp site ran out of food, not even a bag of chips left. Lucky I brought a load of munch but people got very very pissed off

First year camping for us, Thats very good to know!

Advertisement