Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

• Registered Users Posts: 38,041 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

getting excited about this

saw them in Glasgow in 2017 and they rocked the place and they will deff bring there A game since its been 10 years since they played in Ireland

Looking forward too Ghost and SLF too

Have Golden Circle hoping too get a decent position where i wont be squashed too death

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

We've a private couch hired from a company owned by someone I'm fairly friendly with, probably load up on whiskey on the bus up and a few pints there to keep me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

killanena wrote: »
    We've a private couch hired from a company owned by someone I'm fairly friendly with, probably load up on whiskey on the bus up and a few pints there to keep me going.

They're probably not going to let you in with a couch in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

coach* lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Maybe into the parking area... :pac:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Hate hearing this, I'd almost rather get a proper search, gonna be tempted now to bring in a naggin of something in a cooler bag or something

Got caught bringing in a few Jaigerbombs in our shoes at Tennants Vital in Belfast and had to down them then there and then which wasn't too pleasant

The hip flask down the jocks never fails for me

How do I get to Slane from Navan? I don't want to drive! Is there any buses?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

threein99 wrote: »
    Hate hearing this, I'd almost rather get a proper search, gonna be tempted now to bring in a naggin of something in a cooler bag or something

Got caught bringing in a few Jaigerbombs in our shoes at Tennants Vital in Belfast and had to down them then there and then which wasn't too pleasant

Plus your mates are less inclined to accept the offer of a drink..Win Win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Screw cap Capri-sun pouch down the front of the jocks is fool proof too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Could you just bring vodka in a water bottle, they'd hardly test it woul they

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Could you just bring vodka in a water bottle, they'd hardly test it woul they

Now im telling my age, but i knew a lad who got a lot of vodka in by saying his bottle of lucozade was for his bad hips into a ‘youth disco’ (for which he was on crutches which was the convincing part), was a good 350/400ml vodka but it was the right colour such is lucozade

If im half as lucky for Slane ill be glad

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

can't even bring bottles of water in. or if they do allow it they'll take the cap off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Hoboo

snoopy84 wrote: »
    can't even bring bottles of water in

Think you can, just no caps (which you should have stashed in your cacks for bottles you buy inside which they take the caps off)

But they will smell it and if in doubt fook it out.

If you're gonna smuggle, only place is strapped to the barse. 100 quid a ticket, I wouldn't bother.

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Screw cap Capri-sun pouch down the front of the jocks is fool proof too!

Very true, I find the hip flask down the jocks a bit more classier though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

They do sell alcohol inside ?

Anyway …..

Whats the weather going to be like ? Long range ?

https://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoforecasts/17-to-30-day-outlook.aspx?region=7

Its looking great !!! :D:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 28,995 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

greenspurs wrote:

Ah don't mind those long range, we ll have a fairly good idea a couple of days out

I've seen Metallica in Dublin 5 times so far and the only time it rained was in 2004 towards the end of the gig. I had the justice statue tattooed on my right upper arm that morning and all I had was a sleeveless t-shirt and once it started raining it got very cold. That was misery :o

I've seen Metallica in Dublin 5 times so far and the only time it rained was in 2004 towards the end of the gig. I had the justice statue tattooed on my right upper arm that morning and all I had was a sleeveless t-shirt and once it started raining it got very cold. That was misery :o

I was talking to you that day !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

2006 was a scorcher. Great day out.

• Advertisement

I was talking to you that day !

Really? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kg703

This will be my fourth slane. Every single one has rained for me so far :(

Really? :eek:

Yea,
    I remember talking to a lad with a fresh AJFA tat on his arm so must have been you :D

Yea,
    I remember talking to a lad with a fresh AJFA tat on his arm so must have been you :D

Jaysus...small world!

I had to get it touched up after that day, the sun dried it :(

greenspurs wrote: »
    They do sell alcohol inside ?

Anyway …..

https://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoforecasts/17-to-30-day-outlook.aspx?region=7

Its looking great !!! :D:D

6.50 a pint, and the queues can take ages later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Don't suppose many have experience with Castle Park Slane camping ? Is there much of a difference bar price with Slane Farm Camping?
    Booked in for the Friday and Saturday night.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

marko93 wrote: »
    Don't suppose many have experience with Castle Park Slane camping ? Is there much of a difference bar price with Slane Farm Camping?
    Booked in for the Friday and Saturday night.

I think that's where we were for GnR. Don't know the other campsite so can't compare them. But Castlepark had troughs for teethbrushing/face washing/shaving, shower block and toilet block, food vans and a good coffee van as well. barbecue area but it was pissing down so nobody used that.

kg703 wrote: »
    This will be my fourth slane. Every single one has rained for me so far :(

I've been to four, I've had two rainy days (the last two I was at, GnR and the Foos) the rain for the Foos was awful, the place was like a swamp because it had rained loads in the weeks running up to it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I've been to four, I've had two rainy days (the last two I was at, GnR and the Foos) the rain for the Foos was awful, the place was like a swamp because it had rained loads in the weeks running up to it.

That was one of the reasons we stayed about half way up the hill so it would be easier to get out.

• Advertisement

That was one of the reasons we stayed about half way up the hill so it would be easier to get out.

We stayed practically at the top of the hill, there was people falling going down the hill and not able to get up again(mainly because they were so pissed) so they were just rolling down it,

Advertisement